cutting supplements for teenagers

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. cutting supplements for teenagers


    Background
    17 y/o been working out for 2 years, steady bulk. Feel like its time to cut looking a little too fluffy.
    5'11, 165lbs (people say i look more like 180)
    I've gotten my macros/cals figured out so not worrying about that in this post.

    What i need help with is supplements. I see there are a lot of options on here, but i dont know which ones (if any) would be safe for someone my age. I know supplements are just a small part of it but i would like to maintain as much muscle as naturally possible during this cut. Any input is appreciated, thanks.


  2. 17 and you feeling a little fluffy here is best stack to cut Name:  images2.jpg
Views: 276
Size:  7.4 KB 1Name:  images.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  7.3 KB
    "To your wife you should kiss try today"-Touey

    Brotato's bark brings shakes to the pups in the yard
    •   
       


  3. Hahahahahahaha thats a good one

  4. Keep going with what you're doing. Maybe clean up your diet but that's all you really need.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    Keep going with what you're doing. Maybe clean up your diet but that's all you really need.
    Alright, thanks for your non-trolling answer haha. I am 100% ok with not using any "cutting" supplements just wondering what was out there

  6. If anything get an idea of where your Vitamins and Minerals are and look to cut out anything that holds alot of sugar. My biggest hitch through school was different juices honestly. I cut them and weight started going quickly. It sounds pretty dry but at your age Diet and Cardio will get you your results pretty quickly versus putting in hard work and wondering if the supps are really helping. Besides that cash will def be better elsewhere and this path will only give you greater experience in the real world application of knowing EXACTLY what your body needs to change. We all have something to tweak, just have to breakdown your habits and see where improvement is needed.

    End Rant lol
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep--Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/
    Current Log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/277069-new-year-new.html#post5232295

  7. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    If anything get an idea of where your Vitamins and Minerals are and look to cut out anything that holds alot of sugar. My biggest hitch through school was different juices honestly. I cut them and weight started going quickly. It sounds pretty dry but at your age Diet and Cardio will get you your results pretty quickly versus putting in hard work and wondering if the supps are really helping. Besides that cash will def be better elsewhere and this path will only give you greater experience in the real world application of knowing EXACTLY what your body needs to change. We all have something to tweak, just have to breakdown your habits and see where improvement is needed.

    End Rant lol
    i will try that when i start my cut, thanks for the feedback, cutting is sure a lot more complicated than bulking hahaha

  8. I think there are a couple items you could use to help you along.
    raspberry ketones
    HCA
    Chromium
    CLA
    PL-Carn
    and few others I cant remember off the top of my head..

    nimbus reform would be a good choice for you because its non stim and fully dosed patented ingredients.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  9. What does your diet look like? At your age best to try to hone that in first, eat at a small defecit and work your butt off!

  10. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    I think there are a couple items you could use to help you along.
    raspberry ketones
    HCA
    Chromium
    CLA
    PL-Carn
    and few others I cant remember off the top of my head..

    nimbus reform would be a good choice for you because its non stim and fully dosed patented ingredients.
    Perfect, ill look into those
    •   
       


  11. Quote Originally Posted by nicksox15 View Post
    What does your diet look like? At your age best to try to hone that in first, eat at a small defecit and work your butt off!
    My diets really clean, aside from the odd time eating out with friends obviously, all good foods in my house barely eat any junk

  12. Fix diet first but honestly op is 17 he probably already kills zero calories monster... so drop those and get some caffeine or green tea extract..
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  13. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    Fix diet first but honestly op is 17 he probably already kills zero calories monster... so drop those and get some caffeine or green tea extract..
    Gotta love those zero cal monsters

  14. Try Intermittent Fasting (IF). Just look into on youtube (FastingTwins) and on google to help you out. All it is, is that you eat all of your calories in a 4,6 or 8 hour window then you fast until the next day. So let's say you start eating at noon and end at 6 then you don't eat until noon the next day.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by 15_cuts View Post
    My diets really clean, aside from the odd time eating out with friends obviously, all good foods in my house barely eat any junk
    Just because you say you're eating clean doesn't mean much bud. Are you tracking macros, hitting micros daily. Maneuvering you nutrient timing around etc??? Being that you're 17 strive to learn how to cut and bulk with no supps bud. Learn how to diet properly or else you will be spinning your wheels.

    Quote Originally Posted by TmacFlynn34 View Post
    Try Intermittent Fasting (IF). Just look into on youtube (FastingTwins) and on google to help you out. All it is, is that you eat all of your calories in a 4,6 or 8 hour window then you fast until the next day. So let's say you start eating at noon and end at 6 then you don't eat until noon the next day.
    This is more of a lifestyle or fad diet. No magic to this at all. A successful diet strategy is one that you can adhere to 100% so if this or 3, or 6 meals a days works than by all means do it, but don't for one min believe just because you are fasting that you are going to get leaner any faster lol.
    Independent

  16. Ive just been making sure i hit my protien and am in a surplus seeing as how im bulking, but yes when i cut obviously ill be tracking 100% of macros

    On the fasting thing yeah no i would never do that i think its total BS...

  17. cardio........youre 17 the only supps you be talking are

    Fish oil
    creatine
    and a multi.

    i know teens always want the biggest baddest weight gainer or protein. watch this... go to the store ok? at my local store i get chicken for 1.8 a lb. take that 54$ you earned and instead of buying protein buy a LB of chicken breast a day... instead of one or two scoops a day of powder and getting 40-45 grams of protein with a lb of chicken a day youll get 500+cals and just about 100grams of protein...pretty freaking sweet. that will hlep with you protein intake and chicken>>> shakes.

    now cut all carbs that are refined or simple sugars ex candybars, and just all that nasty stuff. if you need carbs opt for rice or pasta with your chicken and hell even an apple has 22grams of carbs. youre too young in my book and too skinny to have to diet like that idiot said. just eat healthy why? because even if you look fluffy in the long run rihg tnow your test levels are HUGE use them to gain size then worry about your abs later to impress that girl in your 8th period class because bro..... high school relationships is a joke try bulking clean and good until like 20 then cut and boom college parties. ithink youd rather be big and lean then abs and no chest like a 12year old girl. im willin to help any time PM me if you got questions trust me i know alot about your age lets just say im verrrrrrry close to your age
    Future IFBB pro. Glory to God. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Mperkins View Post
    cardio........youre 17 the only supps you be talking are

    Fish oil
    creatine
    and a multi.

    i know teens always want the biggest baddest weight gainer or protein. watch this... go to the store ok? at my local store i get chicken for 1.8 a lb. take that 54$ you earned and instead of buying protein buy a LB of chicken breast a day... instead of one or two scoops a day of powder and getting 40-45 grams of protein with a lb of chicken a day youll get 500+cals and just about 100grams of protein...pretty freaking sweet. that will hlep with you protein intake and chicken>>> shakes.

    now cut all carbs that are refined or simple sugars ex candybars, and just all that nasty stuff. if you need carbs opt for rice or pasta with your chicken and hell even an apple has 22grams of carbs. youre too young in my book and too skinny to have to diet like that idiot said. just eat healthy why? because even if you look fluffy in the long run rihg tnow your test levels are HUGE use them to gain size then worry about your abs later to impress that girl in your 8th period class because bro..... high school relationships is a joke try bulking clean and good until like 20 then cut and boom college parties. ithink youd rather be big and lean then abs and no chest like a 12year old girl. im willin to help any time PM me if you got questions trust me i know alot about your age lets just say im verrrrrrry close to your age
    Thanks for the advice bro, i eat a lot of chicken and other whole protien sources but i have about a scoop of protien powder per day usually post-workout just because its hard to be busting out chicken breasts in classes everyday to hit protien requirments haha. If i have more questions (i probably will) ill shoot them your way you seem pretty knowledgable and relatable

  19. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    I think there are a couple items you could use to help you along. raspberry ketones HCA Chromium CLA PL-Carn and few others I cant remember off the top of my head.. nimbus reform would be a good choice for you because its non stim and fully dosed patented ingredients.
    These are all good suggestions, you could also try 7-keto, green tea, green coffee bean or forskollin. Personally I'd just get a basic pre-workout to help increase the intensity of your workouts and learn more about diet and training. Read and learn as much as you can. Obtaining knowledge and then applying that knowledge is how you get Into shape. It's dedication to a lifestyle.

  20. My 16 year old cousin asked me what supplements he should be taking for football the other day. I responded with "lots of food," and he's like no seriously. I said, "no seriously, lots and lots of food."

    I think that someone your age needs a good multi like Athletic Multi or Orange Triad, some Fish Oil, MAYBE some Creatine, and lots of food. Protean supplementation would be alright, but you don't need to bog yourself down until your twenties really.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    My 16 year old cousin asked me what supplements he should be taking for football the other day. I responded with "lots of food," and he's like no seriously. I said, "no seriously, lots and lots of food."

    I think that someone your age needs a good multi like Athletic Multi or Orange Triad, some Fish Oil, MAYBE some Creatine, and lots of food. Protean supplementation would be alright, but you don't need to bog yourself down until your twenties really.
    i think a pre workout for the age of 16+ is ok like c4 something mild or the new jacked. nothing like the OG hyde i just finished or the OG maximizeV2 i miss that stuff the intense isnt as good
    Future IFBB pro. Glory to God. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Mperkins View Post

    i think a pre workout for the age of 16+ is ok like c4 something mild or the new jacked. nothing like the OG hyde i just finished or the OG maximizeV2 i miss that stuff the intense isnt as good
    Ive been hard on the pre workout since about the start of grade 10, huge regret nothing gets me going anymore

  23. Eat like a king during day and last 2 meals cut out the carbs and replace them with veggies. Have purely protein and veggies. Drink a lot of water and you'll see results in 4 days no joke. If you really want to get lean then try to decrease high sodium foods because they give you that puffy, water retained look

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Mperkins View Post
    i think a pre workout for the age of 16+ is ok like c4 something mild or the new jacked. nothing like the OG hyde i just finished or the OG maximizeV2 i miss that stuff the intense isnt as good
    this is not good advice. there is a reason there is a do not use under the age of 18 on the labels.
    kids get hooked on this **** way too easily. NO STIMS until your 18 or older.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com

  25. Doctors for years say that the average male doesn't stop growing until between 21-25. With that being said, vital organs are still maturing and growing. So I would air on the cautious side advising anyone under 18 to take these supplements. The only non harmful stuff I could see is maybe protein, some multi vitamins and maybe creatine. Just my opinion.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    this is not good advice. there is a reason there is a do not use under the age of 18 on the labels.
    kids get hooked on this **** way too easily. NO STIMS until your 18 or older.
    lol right so its bad when a kid drinks coffee go tell that to every kid who studies for finals? no its because parents have no control over you after 18 and before that they think creatine is a steroid... they see a pre workout and they will freak wondering what it is.
    Future IFBB pro. Glory to God. "The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that." - Arnold

  27. I was a hard gainer at 16, so I don't have much cutting stupp experience as a teen, but I did get into running about 6 miles a night and finally had to just stop in order to keep from losing weight. Perhaps a nightly jog might get your metabolism fired up in the meantime, while you deciding which supps to take.

    But be careful with artificial stuff. I'm seeing a lot of solid data that many zero-cal substitutes actually promote more fat gain that sucrose, and many dieters fall into that artificial sweetener trap looking for a way to cut cals.

  28. Quote Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    this is not good advice. there is a reason there is a do not use under the age of 18 on the labels.
    kids get hooked on this **** way too easily. NO STIMS until your 18 or older.
    Lmao...your prob a Mormon.
    COFFEE IS THE DEVIL.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

  29. I wouldn't worry about looking "fluffy" at 17. You're in your prime for growth right now. Eat big and train bigger. As the summer approaches if you're still worried about your extra fluff just up your cardio. HIIT sprints work wonders. I wouldn't waste your money on any supps at your age. Just eat clean and add in cardio where you see fit. Also consider dropping some carbs out of your diet and eat more lean meat and veggies.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by johntpatterso View Post
    I wouldn't worry about looking "fluffy" at 17. You're in your prime for growth right now. Eat big and train bigger. As the summer approaches if you're still worried about your extra fluff just up your cardio. HIIT sprints work wonders. I wouldn't waste your money on any supps at your age. Just eat clean and add in cardio where you see fit. Also consider dropping some carbs out of your diet and eat more lean meat and veggies.
    I disagree with no supps at 17...a solid protein powder creatine and some other basics are good for someone that age to learn about supplementation and diet. And most 17 year olds can't just go buy lean meat and veggies for every day. Idk about you but when I was younger my mom would put the food on the table and I would eat it no questions asked. I needed "supplementation" to fill in the blanks of my diet hence the term supplement. A teen can almost benefit more greatly from protein powder than someone who makes their own meals every day. When your older there are no excuses for why your diet isn't on point. When you are younger 17-27 ish your test levels are through the roof and your set up to make some quality gains, why wast the best gaining years of your life?

    EDIT: People are to caught up in telling kids no. There is to much broscience with age. Just because people told you no when you where that age doesn't mean you shouldn't look at the evidence that this stuff doesn't hurt teens if used correctly. Just needed to add that.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Looking for a fat cutting supplement.
    By DRAKE in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
  2. Supplements for getting cut
    By keon8123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
  3. Looking for good cutting supplements
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  4. Supplements for cutting
    By Tick_9se7en3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:12 PM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 10:04 AM
Log in
Log in