1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by johntpatterso View Post

I was referring more to the concept of fat burning supplements. At 17 its typical to be using creatine and a good whey protein, I wasn't saying that. But in terms of stims and fat burners, especially at that age, he should save his money and try to solve his body fat issue with proper cardio and diet. You raise a great point though. Age 17 is a great time to start taking the basic supps since its a prime age for growth.
    Oh ok, thanks for clearing that up man. Fat burner prob don't need to be used but with stims think about it..he's prob downing 500mg a caffeine a day anyway (rock stars coffee ect.) I know I used pre workout at that age! But I used it very responsibly just like every supplement. Me and my friends would actually CYLE pre workout! Hahah that way we didn't get used to it and it would hit us hard. It depends on the kid honestly. With the amount of research I had done I would have considered myself fairly knowledgable even at that young age. I have just built it from there and I'm glad I did. But you also make very good points here man, lets agree to somewhat disagree because we agree on a lot of it it sounds like! Lol
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post

Sounds like my story alright! Glad you stepped out of the closet too. lol

I was super conservative, because I was scared a little bit, but I wasn't stupid and I wasn't a puss either. It was my freakin' life and I could make my own mistakes. I had spent countless hours in the library and all that getting ready, and I knew that was my only shot at first string. I decided to pulse, with a taper at the end, but I guess that was more of an 80's thing. It worked great though. I only gained 10lbs, but that was incredible for me and it all went smooth. But then I got greedy on the next one, and was shut down for about 16 months. The boys finally came home but it scared me straight after that. I've had multiple docs since then and praise god I'm still healthy. I would do a lot of things different if I could, but I must say that it's my experiences and even my mistakes that have enlightened me the most, so I can't advocate one way or the other. Every man must choose for himself what is right, because it's his life to live.
    My thoughts exactly, even at a young age you have the opportunity to make a lot of choices that will teach you different lessons to create the person you want to be. And Jeez man 16 months?? What did you run your first and second? I never had any issues on the outside as far as I can remember. (my endocrine system was prob screaming though)
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by reps4jesus View Post
    My thoughts exactly, even at a young age you have the opportunity to make a lot of choices that will teach you different lessons to create the person you want to be. And Jeez man 16 months?? What did you run your first and second? I never had any issues on the outside as far as I can remember. (my endocrine system was prob screaming though)
    dbol first, m-test second. MT is one of the worst, if not THE worst as far as shutdown. But like I said, that was high school days and you couldn't go to GNC and get good OTC stuff like you can now. I survived though, learned a lot, got a doc, and no sequela as far as I can determine.
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

dbol first, m-test second. MT is one of the worst, if not THE worst as far as shutdown. But like I said, that was high school days and you couldn't go to GNC and get good OTC stuff like you can now. I survived though, learned a lot, got a doc, and no sequela as far as I can determine.
    Now I get the 16 month shut down. You used a serm though, right? I may have started early but I did everything perfect.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.73%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by reps4jesus View Post
    Now I get the 16 month shut down. You used a serm though, right? I may have started early but I did everything perfect.
    Used a SERM? I still don't think you understand. I'm an old dude, this was back in the late 1980s. You just couldn't hit your endo up for a SERM, and the general practitioner who had been seeing you since you were 10 wasn't gonna help. There wasn't even an internet. Now I did have a commador-64 with a kickazz 36baud modem, lol, and there were "bulletin boards" where you could talk to other lifters about where to find things. But there were no websites, no RC market, not even decent over the counter AIs like today. If you wanted to cycle, you had to run a pyramid taper and pulsing was essential with no PCT. 2-3wks tops, that's all you could really get away with.
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

Used a SERM? I still don't think you understand. I'm an old dude, this was back in the late 1980s. You just couldn't hit your endo up for a SERM, and the general practitioner who had been seeing you since you were 10 wasn't gonna help. There wasn't even an internet. Now I did have a commador-64 with a kickazz 36baud modem, lol, and there were "bulletin boards" where you could talk to other lifters about where to find things. But there were no websites, no RC market, not even decent over the counter AIs like today. If you wanted to cycle, you had to run a pyramid taper and pulsing was essential with no PCT. 2-3wks tops, that's all you could really get away with.
    That's interesting man! I am young enough I have always been able to get a serm. It's interesting hearing from someone older than me. We are totally stealing this kids thread haha I love hearing from the old school gear users! Have you kept running cycles ever sense you started in the 80s?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.09%

Agree to agree man! At 17 I was all about energy drinks and pre workouts too haha. But as far as ephedrine or clen he should definitely hold off for cutting, and DEFINITELY hold off on ph's haha. Those are some crazy stories dude! Its crazy that everyone has access to all this good info and yet you still read horror stories of people running gear without the right support. Its a shame
  8. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

Agree to agree man! At 17 I was all about energy drinks and pre workouts too haha. But as far as ephedrine or clen he should definitely hold off for cutting, and DEFINITELY hold off on ph's haha. Those are some crazy stories dude! Its crazy that everyone has access to all this good info and yet you still read horror stories of people running gear without the right support. Its a shame
    I agree. Clen can be very dangerous to all ages. It's not just teens. And my main concern with ages 16-20 on PH is that %1 of them do it right. Myself an DR. D are both fine because we did research and took proper precautions (he pulsed, I use a serm) and if its an oral you take cycle support. Obviously it can mess with a teens endocrine system to. But to me it's all about research and then picking your poison. It's very possible to be on steroids from age 16 and end up just fine (you just have to do things right) but then again it changes person to person. This is just my opinion and experience though. I think PH are a great thing and its sad people abuse them and get them outlawed.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.09%

Agreed. Just out of curiousity, what ph's have you used? I'm not looking to hijack this thread but i'd be curious to see what you've taken and how you responded. I've looked a lot into running h-drol with a proper pct and cycle support, but i'd be interested in hearing what you have to say. pm me if you'd like. thanks man!
  10. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'2"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.9%

Agreed. Just out of curiousity, what ph's have you used? I'm not looking to hijack this thread but i'd be curious to see what you've taken and how you responded. I've looked a lot into running h-drol with a proper pct and cycle support, but i'd be interested in hearing what you have to say. pm me if you'd like. thanks man!
    Many. I will pm you so this kid can have his thread back
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.45%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I didn't read all the post and this was probably already stated but you don't need cut supplements at 17.

Your body should naturally be very anabolic right now at your age.

Eat like a monster + train like a monster = look like a monster.

I would guess both your nutrition and training routine could use help.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for a fat cutting supplement.
    By DRAKE in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 11:14 AM
  2. Supplements for getting cut
    By keon8123 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
  3. Looking for good cutting supplements
    By AM07 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  4. Supplements for cutting
    By Tick_9se7en3 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:12 PM
  5. What are must supplements for cutting?
    By Gixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-13-2003, 10:04 AM