looking for diet critand advice

Zoomy273

Awards
I am a 25 year old teacher at a school currently weighing 89kg. I have been doing weights for a while but never had my diet in check so looking for good sou d advice for cutting.

The diet I have started is:

Breakfast 7.30- 50g of mixed nuts and raisens. 50g oats and toped up with almond milk

School break: gold standard optimum whey shake.

School lunch: 100g brown rice. 100g chicken. Half cup green beans.100g sweet potato

Pre work out. 100g soft cheese.superpump pre workout shake.

Post workout: protein shake

Dinner: usually meat and chips cooked in oven with some greens.

Snack: hand full of mixed nuts and raisens

Before bed: half cup low fat Greek yogurt with hand full of mixed nuts and raisens.

All help would be greatly appreciated..trying to get my macros correct..thanks for all help

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
macros per meal / total / what you want to do?

Zoomy273

Awards
As a said new to this so looking to focus on protein.. from wat I have read n calacuting my tdee I am looking at 218g protein. 218g carbs n 90g fat. My honest aim is to cut want to lower my body fat.. kinda vain but aiming to hit about 8 or 10% body fat.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
not vein(pun intended) at all, at least around here :)
do you use any supplements?

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
You need to clearly define what your goals are

Zoomy273

Awards
Yeah a take optimum gold standard whey n ma aim it to cut. As a Said I am wanting to cut my body fat low enough to show ab defo definition. So looming to cut down to about 10% bf

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards
Yeah a take optimum gold standard whey n ma aim it to cut. As a Said I am wanting to cut my body fat low enough to show ab defo definition. So looming to cut down to about 10% bf
Quickest way to cut.
1. Calorie deficit (200 or more calories)
2. Intense Full body resistance training sessions
3. Cardio (HIIT>LISS)

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Quickest way to cut.
1. Calorie deficit (200 or more calories)
2. Intense Full body resistance training sessions
3. Cardio (HIIT>LISS)
This is a good start. Though IMO if you are just starting out on this, I would start out hitting my "maintenance" calories. Reason being is that is just a basic calculation that your body doesnt really care about. Give it about a month and see where you are. Take pictures in good lighting so you can clearly see how things are going. If it looks like you gained a lot of fat, subtract some calories. If it looks like you are improving in the direction you want than stay there. This is a process and not a quick fix.

Before you go asking about supplements, the only thing you should have is Athletic Multi, Creatine Mono, and some 100% Whey. I would stay away from all thermogenics until you know what you are doing.

Zoomy273

Awards
That's great man thanks for all the advice much appreciated

brolexander

brolexander

Awards
Look into a good/semi decent fat burner too , and toy with your macros if you start to plateau with your weight loss!