Advice on my bed time meal

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
When carb depleting I usually eat 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter or a small handful of nuts to get the rest of my daily fats with my protein shake right before bed. But I'm not going over my macro or calorie intake for the day. Is this ok??

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
When carb depleting I usually eat 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter or a small handful of nuts to get the rest of my daily fats with my protein shake right before bed. But I'm not going over my macro or calorie intake for the day. Is this ok??
Perfectly fine, fats will also slow the protein absorption so your muscles are still getting aminos longer while you sleep.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
That's what I thought brother just wanted to make sure I was correct. Sucks tho man I have hit a plateau, I have lost a total of 30 pounds over the course of 15 weeks. The last 3 weeks I have been carb depleting 6 days straight with 7th day a refeed. But now I'm not losing anymore and I don't need to drop my cals or macros any lower. I'm thinkin I need to do a high carb week to kick start my metabolism back up

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
That's what I thought brother just wanted to make sure I was correct. Sucks tho man I have hit a plateau, I have lost a total of 30 pounds over the course of 15 weeks. The last 3 weeks I have been carb depleting 6 days straight with 7th day a refeed. But now I'm not losing anymore and I don't need to drop my cals or macros any lower. I'm thinkin I need to do a high carb week to kick start my metabolism back up
Sometimes a metabolism kickstart is required.

Weight-loss plateaus can also be broken via lessening caloric intake, increasing exercise, or adding in some supplements for the edge.

If you aren't doing HIIT already, definitely consider it.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Yeah man my normal cardio is jump ropes. I do 1000 in the morning along with twist. And 1000 at night along with twist. And as far as workouts go the intensity is def there. I base most of my workouts off of kris Gethins 12 week program. Calories are sitting around 2200 with protein at 260 carbs 50 or below and healthy fats 90-95. But i don't think I need to drop my cals anymore

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I also eat a pretty decent amount of fat pre-bed and my abs are pretty nice. So I think you will be fine, I tend to eat quite a bit of cottage cheese, with some coconut oil and a Protean shake. Once you actually get where you want though it is much easier to stay there (imo).

Mikeyjd

Mikeyjd

Awards

Weight-loss plateaus can also be broken via lessening caloric intake, increasing exercise, or adding in some supplements for the edge.

Another bump for HIIT. Cycling Sprints > Running Sprints (for muscle sparing reasons).

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes it is fine

Definetely implement some HIIT work in. It helps improve glucose metabolisim and decrease insulin resistance.

http://www.researchgate.net/publication/5654712_The_effects_of_high-intensity_intermittent_exercise_training_on_fat_loss_and_fasting_insulin_levels_of_young_women

This not only will help with fat loss but also delivers great health benefits

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
in a carb depleted state I doubt hes gonna want to do HIIT .. maybe the morning after a carb up. his diet is doing enough to increase insulin sensitivity.

hypo

hypo

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You could also try carb refeeds several times per week immediately after heavy lifting sessions, rather than only once per week. This is known as carb back loading (CBL). Leangains also incorporates this philosophy. What you are doing is a cyclic ketogenic diet (CKD), from what I understand. I couldn't imagine doing high intensity work on keto; I've tried it before and had no energy.