Advice on my bed time meal

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.96%

Advice on my bed time meal

When carb depleting I usually eat 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter or a small handful of nuts to get the rest of my daily fats with my protein shake right before bed. But I'm not going over my macro or calorie intake for the day. Is this ok??

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780 View Post
    When carb depleting I usually eat 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter or a small handful of nuts to get the rest of my daily fats with my protein shake right before bed. But I'm not going over my macro or calorie intake for the day. Is this ok??
    Perfectly fine, fats will also slow the protein absorption so your muscles are still getting aminos longer while you sleep.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.96%

That's what I thought brother just wanted to make sure I was correct. Sucks tho man I have hit a plateau, I have lost a total of 30 pounds over the course of 15 weeks. The last 3 weeks I have been carb depleting 6 days straight with 7th day a refeed. But now I'm not losing anymore and I don't need to drop my cals or macros any lower. I'm thinkin I need to do a high carb week to kick start my metabolism back up
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    37.51%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

That's what I thought brother just wanted to make sure I was correct. Sucks tho man I have hit a plateau, I have lost a total of 30 pounds over the course of 15 weeks. The last 3 weeks I have been carb depleting 6 days straight with 7th day a refeed. But now I'm not losing anymore and I don't need to drop my cals or macros any lower. I'm thinkin I need to do a high carb week to kick start my metabolism back up
    Sometimes a metabolism kickstart is required.

Weight-loss plateaus can also be broken via lessening caloric intake, increasing exercise, or adding in some supplements for the edge.

If you aren't doing HIIT already, definitely consider it.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.96%

Yeah man my normal cardio is jump ropes. I do 1000 in the morning along with twist. And 1000 at night along with twist. And as far as workouts go the intensity is def there. I base most of my workouts off of kris Gethins 12 week program. Calories are sitting around 2200 with protein at 260 carbs 50 or below and healthy fats 90-95. But i don't think I need to drop my cals anymore
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.47%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I also eat a pretty decent amount of fat pre-bed and my abs are pretty nice. So I think you will be fine, I tend to eat quite a bit of cottage cheese, with some coconut oil and a Protean shake. Once you actually get where you want though it is much easier to stay there (imo).
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post

Weight-loss plateaus can also be broken via lessening caloric intake, increasing exercise, or adding in some supplements for the edge.

Another bump for HIIT. Cycling Sprints > Running Sprints (for muscle sparing reasons).
    Training Log:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/239758-bodybuilding-log-mikeyjd.html
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.08%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Yes it is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post

Definetely implement some HIIT work in. It helps improve glucose metabolisim and decrease insulin resistance.

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...of_young_women

This not only will help with fat loss but also delivers great health benefits
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.81%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

in a carb depleted state I doubt hes gonna want to do HIIT .. maybe the morning after a carb up. his diet is doing enough to increase insulin sensitivity.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  10. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'2"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.05%

You could also try carb refeeds several times per week immediately after heavy lifting sessions, rather than only once per week. This is known as carb back loading (CBL). Leangains also incorporates this philosophy. What you are doing is a cyclic ketogenic diet (CKD), from what I understand. I couldn't imagine doing high intensity work on keto; I've tried it before and had no energy.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for a little advice on my current meal plan
    By jhollin23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-11-2012, 04:01 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-08-2006, 11:23 AM
  3. Can i get some advice on my PCT for my SD Cycle
    By ali11atc in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 03:31 AM
  4. Advice on my PCT