Honey? - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Honey?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog.tx View Post

Yeah understandable. And to some degree I'm slowly warming up to the carb is a carb is a carb discussion, particially post WO. However point is theres alot of people out there talking themselves into bad choices cause they think all carbs are equal. Besides fiber and complexity we hashed out think about fructose. Due to how the liver processes this fructose doesn't refill mucle glycogen from what I understand. So if thats the case is it any wonder that switching kids diets from sugar (one glucuse, one fructose) to HFCS (dual fructose) wouldn't have a huge impact? Think about it kiddo plays all day, does soccer after school, then we load them up with HFCS which spills over easily ut leaves thier bodies wanting more carbs. Again I could have it wrong but thats what the pubmeds I'm reading suggest. So with that said one could argue even subsets of various simple carbs could make a difference.
    Yes. HFCS has not been studied except for In sedentary people. If your active and take care of yourself*know when and how to diet* you shouldn't and don't have to limit fructose or HFCS to such a severe degree.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

2. Enhanced Body Formulations

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

Yes. HFCS has not been studied except for In sedentary people. If your active and take care of yourself*know when and how to diet* you shouldn't and don't have to limit fructose or HFCS to such a severe degree.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...14579313009228
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Honey(the real kind) is nature's perfect carbohydrate.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Doesn't say if that study is done on trained individuals. Body chemistry works different yet the same. An example is mps and glycogen stores. That's my problem with avoiding fructose of any kind. Most likely in athletes or in the trained fructose will have little to do with fat storage or fat loss. Generally none of the users here want to get under 8% bodyfat. If you think fructose Will slow or stop that it's nonsense. If you're getting ready for a show..sure cut out the fruit but generally won't be an issue. I got to 7% naturally with the help of strawberries, HFCS sauce and bread. My blood work looks great and I will shoot some links back at you in a moment.

http://journals.lww.com/acsm-csmr/pa...sktopMode=true
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Doesn't say if that study is done on trained individuals. Body chemistry works different yet the same. An example is mps and glycogen stores. That's my problem with avoiding fructose of any kind. Most likely in athletes or in the trained fructose will have little to do with fat storage or fat loss. Generally none of the users here want to get under 8% bodyfat. If you think fructose Will slow or stop that it's nonsense. If you're getting ready for a show..sure cut out the fruit but generally won't be an issue. I got to 7% naturally with the help of strawberries, HFCS sauce and bread. My blood work looks great and I will shoot some links back at you in a moment.
    Trained or not it wouldn't matter on that cell line.

Differentiation they do in different mediums showing the effects on different markers in early and late stages of differention

Basically that study shows increased lipid droplets and triglyceride formation. But the amount to consume per day I didn't see listed In anything

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
  6. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

Trained or not it wouldn't matter on that cell line.

Differentiation they do in different mediums showing the effects on different markers in early and late stages of differention

Basically that study shows increased lipid droplets and triglyceride formation. But the amount to consume per day I didn't see listed In anything
    There's another issue with fructose related studies.
    Most of the fructose studies out there say words like "may and "can" which is far from solid info and some are outright contradictory. They probably won't account for a 3200*my maintenance* diet or my 3600 bulking calories. I will say my fructose in the area of fruits is pre workout. One study in particular studied the consumption of fructose before endurance exercise. It actually states it's a performance boost vs cereal. 26% is big enough for me to try it. Works for me.

Bring home message is try something. Don't cut some food group out before trying it.
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations

There's another issue with fructose related studies.
    Most of the fructose studies out there say words like "may and "can" which is far from solid info and some are outright contradictory. They probably won't account for a 3200*my maintenance* diet or my 3600 bulking calories. I will say my fructose in the area of fruits is pre workout. One study in particular studied the consumption of fructose before endurance exercise. It actually states it's a performance boost vs cereal. 26% is big enough for me to try it. Works for me.

Bring home message is try something. Don't cut some food group out before trying it.
    For sure man

But I'd rather palantinose or trehalose for that purpose due to the effects it has on insulin.

I'd avoid fructose in a caloric surplus since adipogenic (anabolism) is more likely to occur.

8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.

For sure man

But I'd rather palantinose or trehalose for that purpose due to the effects it has on insulin.

I'd avoid fructose in a caloric surplus since adipogenic (anabolism) is more likely to occur.
    On that subject what foods would you focus on to stay more in the palantinose or trehalose catagory? Looking online I really can't find a list of foods in that carb list.
    Ageforce rep, Provider of high quality, patch delivered supplementation.
    Follow my 8 week log: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/241734-lean-bulk-recomp.html
  9. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

For sure man

I don't intake THAT much fructose but I feel my carbs are better spent on grains, starches and veggies on a surplus. Although I'm a morning trainee so..my pre workout fruit with cereal and oats or w/e is a keeper. I get about 100 carbs,20g fat and 30 g protein about an hour pre. That will make most people sluggish or throw up lol! Works for me though.
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdog.tx View Post

On that subject what foods would you focus on to stay more in the palantinose or trehalose catagory? Looking online I really can't find a list of foods in that carb list.
    Palantinose (isomaltulose) is found in small amounts in honey

Millennium just came out with a carb powder with it. Or ctd labs enduropro.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Honey Nut Cheerios
    By Guest in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
  2. Honey
    By size in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-18-2006, 08:19 AM
  3. Smuckers Natty Peanut Butter with Honey
    By Cold in forum Bulking