Time to cut and looking for input.

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
Hello everyone I guess I will start by sharing some basic information about myself.
I am a 25 year old male standing 5'6" short and weighing in at a whopping 185. I used to be 288 pounds but over the past 2 years I have transformed by lifestyle and my body. I feel I have rebuilt enough muscle to start cutting or reducing my body fat. I do not know my current BF% but I am hoping to get a caliper test done at my gym very soon. I have attached a meal plan that I have been working on for myself and I want to get some input from yall. My current workout program is from BB.com called Blood and Guts by Dorian Yates. This is a bulking program but I have done this in the past and I had great strength gains along with fat loss due to caloric restriction. I am adding a lot more cardio to the routine and I believe this will help me shed some body fat. My current supplements include: Whey, Omega-3, Multi Vitamin, Creatine, bcaa's, and my preworkout of choice is Prodigy by PNI. Any thoughts?:swordfight:

sample meal plan.png

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I recommend some Dexaprine and Forskolin95 to enhance your fat loss. make sure if you're trying to lose body fat, to keep your calories lower than your total daily needs.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off, congrats on your transformation man! That there shows that you're willing to put in work which is the biggest thing. Meal plan looks pretty good, biggest thing for cutting is to eat at a defecit to your maintenance cals. Not sure what yours are but you should be pretty close there at 1900. Take it nice and slow if you can as a slow cut will help you retain more of your muscle mass. And to really blast some calories, add HIIT cardio into your regimine if you haven't already. Good luck man and keep us updated!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off, congrats on your transformation man! That there shows that you're willing to put in work which is the biggest thing. Meal plan looks pretty good, biggest thing for cutting is to eat at a defecit to your maintenance cals. Not sure what yours are but you should be pretty close there at 1900. Take it nice and slow if you can as a slow cut will help you retain more of your muscle mass. And to really blast some calories, add HIIT cardio into your regimine if you haven't already. Good luck man and keep us updated!
Good advice here.

I would sub the hiit for fasted LISS before bed but that's personal preference. If you could do whatever type of cardio you decide on separate from your weight training that would add an extra calorie expenditure and overall more calories burned total during the day as well.

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
Thanks everyone. Today was a rest day for me so I went in and did 15 minutes of 30 second hit intervals on an arc trainer followed by 20 minutes of LISS all fasted. Post cardio all I ate were my 5 egg whites and 2 whole eggs. I figure I will keep carbs much lower on non weight training days. thoughts?

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
So far I am down 1.8 pounds. Plan seems to be working as I still am setting pr's.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hiit on an empty stomach is pretty catabolic, it is equivalent to lifton fasted, I woupd add sone bcaas before and or during if you are going to do it fasted

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
Ok that I understand. I usually do 5grams of bulk modern bcaa intra during fasted cardio. I dont lift fasted though. I usually eat my t egg whites and 2 whole eggs an hour before.

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
Yesterday was a full day of not missing a meal. Finished a gallon of water+bcaa's and ended up dropping to 182 lbs. I feel this weight loss is atributed to my increase in water intake and my current epistane cycle(started yesterday). I woke up feeling an almost renewed sensation. Well time to go pick up some more chalk and hit back day!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Definitely looking good in here, some Dexaprine XR would help you with your goals along the way.

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
Definitely looking good in here, some Dexaprine XR would help you with your goals along the way.
I have no Idea what Dexaprine XR is but I will look into it for the future. This is my first cycle so I am breaking myself in easy.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
don't bother. All he does is spam threads
Lol, check out the second post in this thread as well. OP, did you ever think of starting a log for some motivation?

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
if you want to lose some fat definitely up that cardio so you can go into a caloric deficit. You could also add in a solid fat burner such as Dexaprine XR for extra energy and extra shreds
I am doing 20 minutes of interval training 4 days a week and 45 minutes of liss on my off days.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I quick glanced over everything. WHen you do HIIT, I would do it after your lifting session.

Grizzly_Mike

Grizzly_Mike

Awards
I quick glanced over everything. WHen you do HIIT, I would do it after your lifting session.
What is your reasoning for this?

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
This year i started doing fasted cardio and had great results. I stuck to a traditional body building low carb diet (ie 6 meals a day) did low intensity cardio 3 days a week before breakfast, hiit twice a week after training and had great results. Went from 18-20% bodyfat down to 9% in 4 months. Fasted low intensity cardio ( with a bcaa drink) is definitely the way to do.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
fasted AM cardio is great! I always try and do this when I'm cutting down. I also stack Dexaprine and TT-33 for that extra boost