Advice Please

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Advice Please

About to tighten up a little more on my diet,. I have hit a wall on my weight loss, training and diet was going great till i had to take 2 weeks off due to my wifes mom passing away. Seems as tho now the weight wants to be stubborn. Im going to completly carb deplete for 6 days then use day 7 for a refeed day. Only thing im worried about is my workout suffering. Of course i know to keep my protein and healthy fats high during my depleting days, im to my portion of my workout where my reps will be in the higher range so i know it will be tough. Does this sound good??? Advice please, thank u

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  213 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.37%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

grab up some coconut oil and some MCT oil. you can take a tbsp. of each before the gym. follow that with some hemavol and potassium nitrates.
    this is how itll work..
    the oils are pure energy in a depleted state.
    the hemavol is loaded with agmatine which will keep your muscles full and hydrated
    and the PN will increase your endurance substantially!
    GL and let me know if u try it out.
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780 View Post
    About to tighten up a little more on my diet,. I have hit a wall on my weight loss, training and diet was going great till i had to take 2 weeks off due to my wifes mom passing away. Seems as tho now the weight wants to be stubborn. Im going to completly carb deplete for 6 days then use day 7 for a refeed day. Only thing im worried about is my workout suffering. Of course i know to keep my protein and healthy fats high during my depleting days, im to my portion of my workout where my reps will be in the higher range so i know it will be tough. Does this sound good??? Advice please, thank u
    What kind off carb numbers are you talking about? Six days at an extremely low carb intake isn't need IMO.

What does your normal set up look like diet wise?
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.03%

Basically bro for my depleting days is lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. 7-8 meals a day calories around 2200 with day 7 my refeed with carbs around 2.5g per pound of body weight. My diet now is around 2600 calories a day. Protein 270-285g/ fat 85-90g around 20-23 of that saturated/ carbs is around 175g and some of that is veggies. But hell I'm not losing anymore weight, my workouts are intense and I do jump rope Every night 2000 reps in 15-20 min
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'1"  236 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780 View Post
    Basically bro for my depleting days is lean meats and veggies with healthy fats. 7-8 meals a day calories around 2200 with day 7 my refeed with carbs around 2.5g per pound of body weight. My diet now is around 2600 calories a day. Protein 270-285g/ fat 85-90g around 20-23 of that saturated/ carbs is around 175g and some of that is veggies. But hell I'm not losing anymore weight, my workouts are intense and I do jump rope Every night 2000 reps in 15-20 min
    Hrrrrrm. I would adjust those fats and carbs a bit....30 a day for six days is a looooong stretch. I would drop the fats to around 70 and up the carbs to about 75. This will keep you in your same calorie levels but give some extra carbs. I never ever went under 100g of carbs even when I did do low carb. 125-150 was my low end. A refeed every fourth day with an extra 150g of carbs during the day would benefit immensely.

If what you're doing isn't working for an extended period of time then a change is probably in order and that's where I personally would start.
    FINAFLEX PRODUCT EDUCATOR

​" If you're looking for a work horse.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post
    Hrrrrrm. I would adjust those fats and carbs a bit....30 a day for six days is a looooong stretch. I would drop the fats to around 70 and up the carbs to about 75. This will keep you in your same calorie levels but give some extra carbs. I never ever went under 100g of carbs even when I did do low carb. 125-150 was my low end. A refeed every fourth day with an extra 150g of carbs during the day would benefit immensely.

If what you're doing isn't working for an extended period of time then a change is probably in order and that's where I personally would start.
    Gotta agree! I did the low carb thing for a while too, and even then I was at 100 on the low end of the spectrum. We may have been on the same type of plan as I did every fourth day as a bigger day. And that bolded part is prolly the best piece of advice you can give for practically anything fitness related!
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.12%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I tend to just decrease overall calories and keep my % of carbs, fats, proteins around the same. Just cutting calories from all across the board. My order of preference is protein > fat > carb but I never function well when fully carb depleted. Just eat at caloric deficit with some Dexaprine XR.
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I tend to just decrease overall calories and keep my % of carbs, fats, proteins around the same. Just cutting calories from all across the board. My order of preference is protein > fat > carb but I never function well when fully carb depleted. Just eat at caloric deficit with some Dexaprine XR.

good idea here. I will be trying this with my dexaprine over the next few months
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  9. Pro Virili Parte
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.48%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Montego1 View Post

Maybe I am misreading him but it looks like he is saying his saturated fat intake is 30 a day not that his caeb intake is 30 a day. It looks like is carbs is actually at 175g a day.

If how i am reading is post is correct than his diet seems pretty solid to me. @Rush8780 that plan looks good IMO. Go with it and see how you do in a couple weeks.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

Similar Forum Threads

1. Looking for Cycle Advice Please
    By skeptical in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 05:58 PM
  2. Getting back to where I was before, advice please
    By PastorofMuppets in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 05:23 PM
  3. Side effects advice please.
    By mikeman28 in forum Anabolics