Cutting diet help please guys :)

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Sounds decent. Steady Eddie wins the race when it comes to cutting properly without losing too much muscle mass. Generally, someone of you mass, might limit yourself to no more than 2lbs per week. I usually strive for just 1lb of weight loss per week.
    Yes I think your right more effort physically and not so much dropping cals 600 below .
    I'm a plumber so sometimes I'm flat out n sometimes I sit in van all day lol . So cals is hard to judge.
    Keep wanting to bulk tho but I know ill end up at square one again 20 bodyfat .


  2. Quote Originally Posted by craigydar View Post

    Yes I think your right more effort physically and not so much dropping cals 600 below .
    I'm a plumber so sometimes I'm flat out n sometimes I sit in van all day lol . So cals is hard to judge.
    Keep wanting to bulk tho but I know ill end up at square one again 20 bodyfat .
    Make a strong effort to get below 10%. Lots of cardio alone can do it even with a shotty diet. Once u get low, ur body will lower its fat set point and u'll have a much harder time getting fat next bulk season. Nowadays, I can eat 500+g of carbs daily and still stay around 11-12% BF.
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by fueledpassion View Post
    Make a strong effort to get below 10%. Lots of cardio alone can do it even with a shotty diet. Once u get low, ur body will lower its fat set point and u'll have a much harder time getting fat next bulk season. Nowadays, I can eat 500+g of carbs daily and still stay around 11-12% BF.
    500g of carbs lol Jesus I'd love to do that .
    Yes I'm focused on 10% have been for months so goin to do it ! Determined . First time in my life lol
    Amazing what a misses and a first kid on the way does to your social drinking life lol.

    Gym gym gym .
    Looks like natural for me though . I may dabble with a course when I bulk but not too sure yet depends on bloods etc

  4. Hiit cardio 4 times a week should be ok you think ? I'm guessing you do long duration cardio at lower heart rate

  5. Quote Originally Posted by craigydar View Post
    Hiit cardio 4 times a week should be ok you think ? I'm guessing you do long duration cardio at lower heart rate
    No, HIIT is best honestly. There r benefits to high intensity cardio that low intensity doesnt offer. Plus HIIT cardio tends to increase power and muscle if u do something like sprints.
    •   
       


  6. Yea ok
    I got a cross trainer at home so ill do that eod before work in the am and weights on evening . I'll try and add sprints on a weekend

    Cheers mate been really helpful think I got it worked out ... Basically don't be lazy and rely on calories alone

  7. if weightloss is slowing the best way to rev it back up is to cycle your calories and carbs. ive found the most effective for myself to be a 3-4 day split depending on what order your training days are in. for you id advise something like this :
    day 1- 2400cals 40% protein, 50% carbs, 10% fats
    day 2 - 2300cals 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fats
    day 3 - 1850cals 45% protein, 15% carbs, 45% fats
    day 4 - 1450cals 55% protein, 0% carbs, 45% fats (this should not be a training day, maybe a bit of LISS cardio if you feel like it)

    if you follow a cycle like this your leptin levels and other fat burning hormones as well as your metabolism will remain raised and keeps your body consistently guessing which stops it from acclimating to the deficient (while still remaining in a 500cal x 4 deficient between the 4 days combined) it also helps keep energy levels up and keeps you feeling sane having the high carb day every 4 days. also ive found that eating all my cals in an 8 hour window and fasting the rest of the day/night allows for better fat loss (it keeps insulin sensitivity up, also when you're going for longer periods of time without eating your body is not releasing insulin which because insulin is not present for such long periods keeps the body in a consistent state of burning fat and energy reserves)


    once you hit your fatloss goal this cycle remains great for bulking aswell but keeping fat gain down at the same time, just add 500-750 cals to each of the days

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Lc3933 View Post
    if weightloss is slowing the best way to rev it back up is to cycle your calories and carbs. ive found the most effective for myself to be a 3-4 day split depending on what order your training days are in. for you id advise something like this : day 1- 2400cals 40% protein, 50% carbs, 10% fats day 2 - 2300cals 40% protein, 35% carbs, 25% fats day 3 - 1850cals 45% protein, 15% carbs, 45% fats day 4 - 1450cals 55% protein, 0% carbs, 45% fats (this should not be a training day, maybe a bit of LISS cardio if you feel like it) if you follow a cycle like this your leptin levels and other fat burning hormones as well as your metabolism will remain raised and keeps your body consistently guessing which stops it from acclimating to the deficient (while still remaining in a 500cal x 4 deficient between the 4 days combined) it also helps keep energy levels up and keeps you feeling sane having the high carb day every 4 days. also ive found that eating all my cals in an 8 hour window and fasting the rest of the day/night allows for better fat loss (it keeps insulin sensitivity up, also when you're going for longer periods of time without eating your body is not releasing insulin which because insulin is not present for such long periods keeps the body in a consistent state of burning fat and energy reserves) once you hit your fatloss goal this cycle remains great for bulking aswell but keeping fat gain down at the same time, just add 500-750 cals to each of the days
    Thanks mate
    Yes I looked into this , but it seems people use it at sub 10% . Maybe it would work . I had a week off last week , no gym and calories up around maintenance and above .
    I think I needed it for metabolism and mentally .

    The theory of more cardio as apprised to less calories ....cardio every other day 20 mins hiit in am, weights 4 x week and 200 below maintenance Is what I'm going to try , if I don't do cardio I'll just eat slightly less .
    Cheat day for me will be really high carb .
    The days when I'm training and not training will fluctuate between say 2300 /2200 plus cardio calories lost . So it's kinda cycling to some degree . Especially if I have say 150g carbs on training and 100 on non.

    My main goal is to keep muscle really . I don't care how long it take to lose 4-5% bodyfat
    I was eating 2000 cals a day and I look like I lost the muscle . Anabolics are the answere to some degree but it's a bad idea for me
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Need vegetarian cutting diet! Help out a noob! Please!
    By Buffspartan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 01:33 AM
  2. Cutting Diet Help Please!!
    By True74Seneca in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM
  3. ready to change my life...diet help please!
    By pulltap289 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:30 PM
  4. Diet help please
    By monopoly19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 12:09 AM
  5. diet help please
    By bronx220 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 03:50 AM
Log in
Log in