Bodyopus diet

groundpound

Awards
So I've been reading a lot about ketogenic diets and the body opus diet. My goal has been to go from roughly 16% body fat down to 6% or so and keep the most of my gains possible. I have been on this eating routine for roughly a week while continuing my split routine and at least a 30 minute light jog (4.9 mph or so).

My question mainly is about the nuts or fats portion of this diet. I work on the road and eat out. Yesterday was like this:

Morning two omlettes one western and one Philly

Mid morning small bag of cashews

Lunch one whole chicken (couldn't finish it all:

Afternoon snack 2 pieces of pepperoni wrapped mozzarella

Pre workout: cyto plex 45 G protein shake with low carbs roughly 9g

Post workout cyto plex 45 G protein shake

Then sleep

The confusion is mainly with the nuts because the bag I are had 40 g of carbs, 128 g of fat, and 48 g of protein

A lot of the resources out there say cashews are very ketogenic but the body opus says to eat zero carbs. It seems kind of far fetched to eat zero carbs.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
So I've been reading a lot about ketogenic diets and the body opus diet. My goal has been to go from roughly 16% body fat down to 6% or so and keep the most of my gains possible. I have been on this eating routine for roughly a week while continuing my split routine and at least a 30 minute light jog (4.9 mph or so).

My question mainly is about the nuts or fats portion of this diet. I work on the road and eat out. Yesterday was like this:

Morning two omlettes one western and one Philly

Mid morning small bag of cashews

Lunch one whole chicken (couldn't finish it all:

Afternoon snack 2 pieces of pepperoni wrapped mozzarella

Pre workout: cyto plex 45 G protein shake with low carbs roughly 9g

Post workout cyto plex 45 G protein shake

Then sleep

The confusion is mainly with the nuts because the bag I are had 40 g of carbs, 128 g of fat, and 48 g of protein

A lot of the resources out there say cashews are very ketogenic but the body opus says to eat zero carbs. It seems kind of far fetched to eat zero carbs.
Are you a troll? Your mid morning snack has over 1500 calories when you're trying to cut? If you want to enter ketosis you are looking at a daily total of 50g of carbs, sometimes less. And being on a ketogenic diet doesn't make you automatically lose weight - you have to be in a caloric deficit. .

groundpound

Awards
would you mind sourcing what you are saying? I appreciate the response, but It doesn't really answer my question. It sounds like I should cut out the cashews and be even better off though. But a lot of websites are telling me cashews are very ketogenic. and body opus is saying load up on fat and protein but keep the carbs to 0, which is next to impossible.

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
would you mind sourcing what you are saying? I appreciate the response, but It doesn't really answer my question. It sounds like I should cut out the cashews and be even better off though. But a lot of websites are telling me cashews are very ketogenic. and body opus is saying load up on fat and protein but keep the carbs to 0, which is next to impossible.
Answer what question? make sure you're expending more calories than you're intaking. Almonds are much better than cashews on a Ketogenic diet, but if you want to keep your cashews I'd limit them to an oz a day. I would recommend the Ketogenic diet by Lyle McDonald... That book will answer all your questions. 0 carbs a day is unrealistic - 25g is a good starting point and under 50g is required for most to stay is ketosis. High fat moderate protein and low carb is Ketogenic... Don't focus on individual foods being Ketogenic. Your calories should come from 70? fat 25? protein and 5? or less from carbohydrates. Find out your total daily energy expenditure, subtract 500 calories from that number, and apply the above percentages to determine what your daily Macronutrient intake should look like.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
small bag of cashews= 128g fats???? thats no small bag, I'm ketogenic and do enjoy nuts (almonds), about 20 grams of fat worth and it only adds 6 grams of net carbs.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
the point of body opus is to reach into ketosis in about 48 or so hrs.. so from 6 pm on sun until about late weds night, you wouldn't want anything other than trace carbs.. and the amount you have listed is far too much.. particularly at one sitting.. even the 9 g in the protein shake at night is too much.

you will find using a half scoop of protein in a 1/4 cup of heavy crème will be the best route .. itll keep the carbs down to acceptable levels whil you try to make it into ketosis ..

after weds you can have some extra carbs but still too many at anyone time will knoch you out of keto.

do you have the book or are you flying by the seat of your pants?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the cashews are fine

Get a food tracking app like looseit and start tracking you food intake so you can give us a better breakdown of how your eating

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 2
crazyfool405 Weight Loss 3
IGF-1/GH 0
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 3