Quickest route to fat loss?

G

geoffereeey

Awards
Wondering what the quickest way of losing some fat is guys?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Diet and exercise? Honestly most think there is some great secret but depending on where you are in your fat loss goals really makes the difference if anything is needed at all.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
duct tape... on your mouth.

no, in all seriousness.. diet is the single most important factor in fat loss.. take in less than you burn each day. also look into dexaprine xr combined with forsk95

Dogsoldier

Dogsoldier

Awards
[video=youtube_share;k3SH74QmaSk]http://youtu.be/k3SH74QmaSk[/video]

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Eat less, exercise more, and take Dexaprine XR.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You don't need to worry about supps until your diet and exercise routine are in check. What are your stats? Weight, bf%. What does your training look like. The more info you give us, the more helpful we can be.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
A calorie deficit of 100 to start with. 1g per lb of bodyweight of protein. 20% fats and the rest carbs. Refeed once a week up to or 200 or 300 over your maintenance. Once weight loss stops reduce calories by 100.

In 8 to 16 weeks depending on how much bodyfat you've lost go back to your new maintenance slowly over the next 4 to 8 weeks stop when you're staying at that bodyweight. and stay at that body weight*give or take 2 lbs* for 4 weeks. See where you're at and adjust to a lean mass phase or go back to cutting if you aren't happy.

Simple.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
If diet and exercise was all that was needed i should be 2% body fat.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
If diet and exercise was all that was needed i should be 2% body fat.
I did say to a point, if the op came back and said he is stuck at like 8% or something then I would say move on to more drastic things... :)

:sly:

G

groundpound

Awards
The quickest way to fat loss is to starve yourself. But if you are like most of us on here u just want to lose fat and keep muscle. Some say a caloric reduction gradual is the safest way. I prefer ketogenic diets. There are ways to do it without messing up your metabolism. Check out the body opus diet and anabolic diet. Basically you just eat fats and protein for 5 days then your brain releases ketones which make your body start using fat for energy (your fat) also I generally feel well doing this. But on day six and 7 you take a bunch of clean carbs and creatine in and your body forces all those nutrients back I'm your muscles and you get a nice pump. This is recomended for people trying to go from 15% down or so not overweight peeps. There's a lot of supplements out there but it would be best to use a mild ph and a nice pre workout drink

Wocheezy

Wocheezy

Awards
The quickest way to fat loss is to starve yourself. But if you are like most of us on here u just want to lose fat and keep muscle. Some say a caloric reduction gradual is the safest way. I prefer ketogenic diets. There are ways to do it without messing up your metabolism. Check out the body opus diet and anabolic diet. Basically you just eat fats and protein for 5 days then your brain releases ketones which make your body start using fat for energy (your fat) also I generally feel well doing this. But on day six and 7 you take a bunch of clean carbs and creatine in and your body forces all those nutrients back I'm your muscles and you get a nice pump. This is recomended for people trying to go from 15% down or so not overweight peeps. There's a lot of supplements out there but it would be best to use a mild ph and a nice pre workout drink
I don't think you quite understand how ketogenic diets work, and recommending a ph is definitely not the best advice either

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
I have the book and I did try the carb fast. I failed after 2 days. I was eating 6 meals a day and still hungry. The end of the 1st night I was so crazy I ate a table spoon of flax seeds like some kind of a crack head. At the end of day 2 I broke and had 6 bowls of Fiber One cereal. All the while thinking why was it that when I was 23 I did ZERO cardio, ate whatever the hell I wanted and just lifted weights and I was at 8.5% while now I do cardio, eat whole grain **** and watch every calorie and lift weights and am stuck at 10%? This in an age when doctors can turn men into women and women into men. I so ****ing pissed I can't get below 10%!!!! And am so damn tired of hearing people say "all you have to do is cardio and eat right."
What is a ph?

S

saggy321

Awards
  • Established
I have the book and I did try the carb fast. I failed after 2 days. I was eating 6 meals a day and still hungry. The end of the 1st night I was so crazy I ate a table spoon of flax seeds like some kind of a crack head. At the end of day 2 I broke and had 6 bowls of Fiber One cereal. All the while thinking why was it that when I was 23 I did ZERO cardio, ate whatever the hell I wanted and just lifted weights and I was at 8.5% while now I do cardio, eat whole grain **** and watch every calorie and lift weights and am stuck at 10%? This in an age when doctors can turn men into women and women into men. I so ****ing pissed I can't get below 10%!!!! And am so damn tired of hearing people say "all you have to do is cardio and eat right."
What is a ph?
Ah yes those were the days. Just thought about CV and the fat melted off! I wonder what would one have to do to recreate the same hormonal environment that we had in our early twenties. Any ideas anyone?

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Ah yes those were the days. Just thought about CV and the fat melted off! I wonder what would one have to do to recreate the same hormonal environment that we had in our early twenties. Any ideas anyone?
That's what I'm saying. I've read articles where people say that our metabolism is the same it's just that as adults we are less active, BULL ****. Except for the Army from ages 19-23 I did NO cardio. Yea sure, in the summer I may play stick ball once or twice per week or maybe basketball and soccer; but once I turned 15 and started lifting weights I stopped ever form of cardio except for swimming and I only did about 30 minutes of that 2-3 time per week and sometimes went several weeks without doing it. After I got out of the Army I did no cardio except for swimming; but again it was only 15-20 minutes 2-3 times per week.
Now, I do cardio 5 times per week.
They also say, when you get older your testosterone levels drop, and therefore your muscle mass drops and your metabolism drops and you get fatter. Well, I have been doing AAS now for 4 years, my test levels are way above what they were when I was 19.
So it must be something else. There must be another variable involved.

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
T3. GH, Increased testosterone can also mean increased conversion to estrogen..there are so many factors involved before even looking at the difference from individual to individual. But regardless of all that its 100% calories in vs calories out before account for even muscle loss so on. I would suggest finding your current maintenance and dropping 100 cal a day each week to find the tipping point back into fat loss.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
T3. GH, Increased testosterone can also mean increased conversion to estrogen..there are so many factors involved before even looking at the difference from individual to individual. But regardless of all that its 100% calories in vs calories out before account for even muscle loss so on. I would suggest finding your current maintenance and dropping 100 cal a day each week to find the tipping point back into fat loss.
I have reduced my caloric intake to below the prescribed 10%-15% but I dont know exactly how much. That sounds like a good approach. Just keep dropping the calories until I start losing fat? Also, what did you mean by T3? Did you mean my T3 levels? And GH levels? I've never had them checked. But I did check my cortisol and it was 13.7 (range was 2.5-25.0); but someone said it was high and that I should take Vitamin C.