Carb fast & Refeed

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
I'm planning on staring this on Monday. Going to fat from carbs Monday-Wednesday and then refeed on Thursday. How long should I do this? I'm looking to get down to 8.5%. I'm currently at about 11%-12%. I will test myself Sunday.

About two weeks after that I'm going to be doing T3 and Clen.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Personally I would do low carb all week and refeed on sundays..... never tried a 3 day carb fast then refeed

exrugger

Awards
Six days low carb (keto state, if your unsure when keto kicked in buy ketostix to measure ketone levels in the urine), 1 refeed day (I prefer friday or saturday bc it allows a little more flexibility if I go out to dinner one night). Also, just because its a refeed day doesn't mean eat a pizza and a pint of ice cream; refeed with fruit and complex carbs, nutrient dense foods are ideal.

You may want to research the cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD).

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I am not sure how T3 and Clen will respond with this type of a diet or how you will with it. But to get to basic sense of your question, when changing to something like this I would give it a solid month of doing this type of diet to see how your body responds to it. A couple weeks and yeah you will see changes and what not, but IMO a month would be more of an ideal situation. By monitoring your measurements and body comp you will hopfully have a good understanding of what will happen if you did this long term.

Hope this helps.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
Old enough
For what? Sex? Drinking? Voting? Military service?
My question was not about wether youre old enough to do anything its about your metabolism. I only try methods that have worked for old farts like me whos metabolism has slod with age.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 38, I typically have to wait 6 days between refeeds before I'm truly depleted enough to need one.

I'm carrying a significantly greater amount of fat, so you may deplete sooner than I do. If I were you I'd go by the scale; as soon as you drop 2# below your baseline, refeed for 4-6 hours.

It may be 2 days, it may be 4, but you'll be sure you're truly depleted & dropping fat vs glycogen and/or water.

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
At 38, I typically have to wait 6 days between refeeds before I'm truly depleted enough to need one. I'm carrying a significantly greater amount of fat, so you may deplete sooner than I do. If I were you I'd go by the scale; as soon as you drop 2# below your baseline, refeed for 4-6 hours. It may be 2 days, it may be 4, but you'll be sure you're truly depleted & dropping fat vs glycogen and/or water.
Cool.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
For what? Sex? Drinking? Voting? Military service?
My question was not about wether youre old enough to do anything its about your metabolism. I only try methods that have worked for old farts like me whos metabolism has slod with age.
I'm 32... I thought you were going to be sarcastic, sorry..... I ran low carb, 100g's, a day for months with refeeds every sunday and had great results. My metabolism isn't like it was before.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
OP I have had great success with several styles of CKD and TKDs.. the 3 day is fine if you are average when it comes to insulin sensitivity. if you blow up on carbs and you have terrible insulin sensitivity you may be better off running low carb for a minimum of 5 days up to 10 days between refeeds. the reaction you get to the carb up is the telling part. if, after 3 days you carb up and come back on Friday looking and feeling like a porpus, you probably should run a full 5 days the following week.. and keep working on finding the most suitable (AND) sustainable version the fits you. supplementation is key to helping you drop into keto with in 48 hrs. I can help with that if u need.
I am 41 so... I think I qualify as a bonafide "old fart"

JoeBrooklyn

JoeBrooklyn

Awards
OP I have had great success with several styles of CKD and TKDs.. the 3 day is fine if you are average when it comes to insulin sensitivity. if you blow up on carbs and you have terrible insulin sensitivity you may be better off running low carb for a minimum of 5 days up to 10 days between refeeds. the reaction you get to the carb up is the telling part. if, after 3 days you carb up and come back on Friday looking and feeling like a porpus, you probably should run a full 5 days the following week.. and keep working on finding the most suitable (AND) sustainable version the fits you. supplementation is key to helping you drop into keto with in 48 hrs. I can help with that if u need. I am 41 so... I think I qualify as a bonafide "old fart"
I appreciate it!! Thank you. Today is day one!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this will be a piece of cake..
have your tried iForce mint infused fish oil?? this is a great addition to any keto diet.

Swanson52

Swanson52

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this will be a piece of cake..
have your tried iForce mint infused fish oil?? this is a great addition to any keto diet.
Lol. I wasn't aware how bad the Iforce spamming was until just recently.

Nothing about this is germane to the discussion.