I need to lose body fat

rickydiaz6868

Awards
Hey guys im trying to lose fat, I tired posting this last night but I dont think it worked. I made a diet that I think will help me lose fat and gain or maintain my same muscle. Here is the diet:

Meal one- 1 scoop Serious mass (taking this for calories and because I dont like eating in the morning)
Snack- 3-4 ounce turkey fish oil pill
Meal two- chicken, 3/4 brown rice and 1 cup broccoli
Snack- tuna
Post workout- 2 scoops whey
Meal three- chicken, 2 cups spinach, 4 egg whites
pre bed- 1 scoop casein

1769calories, 213.1protein, 201.2carbs, 18 fat

Im 17 5'11 and weigh 230

I workout six times a week with sunday as my off day. I do cardio and weight training. Bench- 250 Squat- 350 Deadlift- 365

If you have any comments or wanna add anything of just tell me it sucks then go right ahead.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Looks fine to me how much weight do you want to lose and how quickly? What is your maintenance calories and how far below them are you eating? You could add a few things to help like Dexaprine XR and TT33

rickydiaz6868

Awards
Looks fine to me how much weight do you want to lose and how quickly? What is your maintenance calories and how far below them are you eating? You could add a few things to help like Dexaprine XR and TT33
Dont really care how much I lose, I wanna keep the muscle I have or gain some while on this, but I wanna lose as much body fat percentage as possible and before summer. The calories im suppose to eat is suppose to be 3060 lol

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need more calories if u need 3000 and u eat 1800 you are going to lose tons of muscle... and def. Up ypur fats....

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Agreed....adding said mentioned fat burners on top of low cals will lead to muscle loss

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
230 at 5'11 whats your BF% now? If still in HS your ATC could do it for free

jmiyamoto

jmiyamoto

Awards
If you're doing weight training and lifting heavy and keeping your protein up with a decent amount of carbs, you shouldn't lose *that* much muscle. Protein intake and keeping regular lifts is probably the most important part. Have you tried IF?

rickydiaz6868

Awards
230 at 5'11 whats your BF% now? If still in HS your ATC could do it for free
Probably around 20% i kept my weight up because Im a four year starting lineman so i needed some weight on me, and whats ATC?

rickydiaz6868

Awards
Need more calories if u need 3000 and u eat 1800 you are going to lose tons of muscle... and def. Up ypur fats....
Im trying to cut so If i ad two servings of peanuts with will put my calories up to 2101 my protein up to 226.5 my carbs up to 213.4 and my fat up to 46.3...Is that better or no?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Better, I'd add some fish oil as well for general health and weights loss

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
That's nowhere near enough calories man, it leaves little room for adjustment, and trust me you'll need to adjust further down the track. I'd start at -500 calories. High protein, moderate carbs and fats. Personally I like a 40/30/30 p/c/f when dieting down.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
have you ever looked into DexaprineXR and TT-33? these would help you shed a few extra pounds for sure!

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys im trying to lose fat, I tired posting this last night but I dont think it worked. I made a diet that I think will help me lose fat and gain or maintain my same muscle. Here is the diet:

Meal one- 1 scoop Serious mass (taking this for calories and because I dont like eating in the morning)
Snack- tuna
pre bed- 1 scoop casein

Im 17 5'11 and weigh 230

I workout six times a week with sunday as my off day. I do cardio and weight training. Bench- 250 Squat- 350 Deadlift- 365

If you have any comments or wanna add anything of just tell me it sucks then go right ahead.
calories are a bit low... but google/research: (carb cycling for fatloss) works well with a decent diet AND you still have 1-2 cheat days every week.

if you drop cals too much or always keep diet low and the same your body will stalll and adjust. thats why you trick it, thats why carb cycling is great.

Good luck! :-D

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, definitely need more calories. I had great results with carb cycling. And it provided the flexibility to have some days where you can kinda go crazy, lol. Best bet is to work hard and stick with it!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
have you ever looked into DexaprineXR and TT-33? these would help you shed a few extra pounds for sure!
Do you actually read these threads or just copy and paste the same thing into every thread? Be a useful rep, not a robot.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
Who needs to read? DexaprineXR helps me learn by osmosis. . . .if I take Protean, then the information is sure to stick :)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Do you actually read these threads or just copy and paste the same thing into every thread? Be a useful rep, not a robot.
Finally.....

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
He asked what could help him shed a few lbs. along with his diet and workout regime.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
He asked what could help him shed a few lbs. along with his diet and workout regime.
I would have thought offering advice about diet would have been a bit more beneficial than a fat burner, fat burners are just an accessory, diet is far more important than any supplementation.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I would start off by increasing your calories. Have you calculated your TDEE? That would be a good starting point. Most people after eating the calories they actually should be eating and having a cleaner diet will end up loosing body fat, especially with a good training program. So I personally would start there. Give that a couple weeks and see how you feel/look. Then as you hit sticking points where weight is not changing I would slowly decrease calories. Typically only would do this a few times as I like to keep my strength up. Then I would add in HIIT cardio as you reach another sticking point. By the time you are tired of this, then maybe would add in a thermo like Dexaprine XR if you want a good stim, works really great if you train in the morning.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
His question was completely diet related. People just want an unbiased opinion of what they can do to achieve their goals and I think they are entitled to that rather than thinking that supplements are the only option. If he wants a supplement, he can ask for it then its fair game to suggest products to him.

I would have thought offering advice about diet would have been a bit more beneficial than a fat burner, fat burners are just an accessory, diet is far more important than any supplementation.
This to the T. Oh and congrats on the AF gig Luke!

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
I suggest you use it healthy weight loss, healthy weight loss is not difficult, in one sentence, exercise plus diet, it must pay attention to diet: balanced nutrition, but also strictly control the intake of calories, this is my personal experience, I before eating hormone, a lot of fat, sick after a good man like bread made up of the same, but, after nearly two years to lose weight, I've been close to ordinary people slightly!
Hmmm I'm confused lol. The last half of that statement makes zero sense lol.

ecto84

ecto84

Awards
I think you should follow a good diet plan. Get your macros right: 40% protein/40% carb/20% fat is pretty common. Check the scale on a weekly basis, in the morning before eating/drinking.
If you are losing weight and strength is increasing/stalling -> you are loosing fat and gaining/keeping muscle -> stick to current calorie intake.
If you are losing weight and strenght -> you are loosing both fat and muscle -> add extra calories.
If you are not losing weight and strenght is increasing -> you are losing fat and gaining muscle - body recomposition.
If you are gaining weight and not strenght -> you are gaining fat -> lower the calories.

Make sure you are getting most of your carbs post workout as they will speed recovery and mostly restore the glicogen stores.

Keep doing this until you reach your bodyfat goal. Make sure you get enough sleep.
You could also try intermittent fasting: lean gains protocol as it is easier.

I suggest you use it healthy weight loss, healthy weight loss is not difficult, in one sentence, exercise plus diet, it must pay attention to diet: balanced nutrition, but also strictly control the intake of calories, this is my personal experience, I before eating hormone, a lot of fat, sick after a good man like bread made ​​up of the same, but, after nearly two years to lose weight, I've been close to ordinary people slightly!

Offtopic: This one is using google translate or similar app.

sarah9349

Awards

Snack- tuna
pre bed- 1 scoop casein

Im 17 5'11 and weigh 230

I think you are doing the right thing but working out*with consistency*is important for achieving fitness results. Creating a workout plan*will help you to achieve greater consistency.

emilymartin

emilymartin

Awards
Stop eating junk food and drink plenty of water. This is how I reduced my body fat.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Stop eating junk food and drink plenty of water. This is how I reduced my body fat.
There's a bit more to it than that, you can still eat too much of the good stuff. It's really not thy difficult, carb cycling, keto diets, intermittent fasting etc etc all work, they just require consistency.

coucouza

Awards
hello rickydiaz6868 :)

as i see you have a great motivation. i think you should wokout 3 days per week. rest is important

recomp

Awards
Try multiplying your fat mass by 31 and that should give you a decent target max deficit to ballpark without losing muscle - and of course, high protein and maintaining your lifts.

JackAlbertson

Awards
For losing body fat it is important to do exercise everyday. Cardio exercise is good. Coffee is also very effective for fat burning. It is good to stop eating junk and fast food for fat burning.