looking to shred down again, advice please

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Im currently deployed right now and im looking to cut down. I currently weigh around 210 fairly lean 32 inch waist. My last cut I did the kris gethins hardcore trainer with the diet and all, 8 meals a day everyone lean meat complex carb and green veggie no cheat meals, and only fats is from ur meat and protein powder. It worked great but I lost a good bit of muscle mass. This time im doing my own diet, tell me what u think

Meal 1
Scrambled eggs ( cant get egg whites in afghan)
2 pieces of wheat toast with a small amount of honey
1/2 cup of mixed fruit

Meal 2 pre workout
Some sort of lean meat ( whatever they have thats lean)
Rice ( mostly all they have is white) I get brown when available 1 cup
Green veggies

Meal 3 post workout
Protein shake
5 gummy bears for quick sugar

Meal 4
Same as meal 2

Meal 5
Same as meal 2 without the rice

Meal 6 bed time
Protein shake with small handful of mixed nuts

I train hard 4-5 times a week and cardio is everyday 30-45 min plus all the extra walking and stuff we do for our missions. I would love advice and comments negative and positive. Thanks

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
My question is how can you just eat 5 gummy bears lol. I get a pack of those things and they somehow disappear immediately. It looks like you have a fairly solid outline for your diet, but you have to understand this is about calories in versus calories out. So make sure you calculate your TDEE and eat at a deficit or burn more calories than you eat. You could add a fat loss aid if you can get them over there such as Dexaprine XR.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Whats the best way to calculate how much I burn during workouts?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Whats the best way to calculate how much I burn during workouts?
There isnt one. Many calculators can guesstimate calorie burn during exercise but it could be out by a lot.

Google TDEE calculator as a starting point

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Thanks bro, what do u think about my diet? Should I remove fats all together?? And just do carbs proteins?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks bro, what do u think about my diet? Should I remove fats all together?? And just do carbs proteins?
No, fats are far more important than carbs. Minimum fat intake is .49g/ lb IIRC. Don't go below this. Eating fat does not make you fat, nor does it negatively affect serum lipids (despite what popular press states). In fact a higher fat and lower carb diet has far better implications for lipids.

But in terms of 'gains' wise; a higher carb, moderate fat and moderate protein will serve you well.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Thsts good info man thanks my only problem with low carb is I have no energy what so ever

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
When I am loosing fat, I keep carbs strictly to a meal before my workout, during, and after my workout. Otherwise with protein and fats, my energy is high. The fats will slow digestion and keep your blood sugars from spiking when you eat. Assuming it is healthy fats. I also added in Dexaprine XR, and when I got really close to a show I added in TT-33.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
So basically pre during and post workout carbs? That's it for the day? How much healthy fats? I weigh around 210

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
copious amounts of healthy fats... you can run your calories 33c/33p/33f and see how you respond.
if youre keeping the calories below tdee you should lose fat at a good clip just keeping everything close to even.

remember saturated fats are not the devil but your body can make them so its best to keep your dietary saturated fats as low as possible. try to use other fats if possible.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When I am loosing fat, I keep carbs strictly to a meal before my workout, during, and after my workout. Otherwise with protein and fats, my energy is high.
^this right here^

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I love DexaprineXR and TT33 when I cut. and up my cardio alot so I can burn more calories than I am eating

biggiesmallz

biggiesmallz

Awards
leangains.com most popular tab... also known as IF

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thsts good info man thanks my only problem with low carb is I have no energy what so ever
Low carb takes time to adapt to; you will of course, at least initially, suffer from reduced energy when switching to low carb.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Do u count green veggies as carbs?? Or just oats breads etc??

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Do u count green veggies as carbs?? Or just oats breads etc??
Yes, but not really. Most are higher in fiber/water and have less impact on blood sugar/insulin response. Start reading, homeboy.

TEF
Glycemic Index

6andaHalf

6andaHalf

Awards
Yeah, like these guys said, anytime you restrict carbs you may feel it a little bit, especially at first after switching from a normal or high carb diet. But, keeping carbohydrates around your workouts can alleviate that while achieving the goal of a lower amount of carbohydrates per day.

Everybody responds differently to various ratios of macronutrients. My bulking or cutting diets have basically evolved into variances of overall carb intake whilst maintaining the same fat and protein intake needed by my given LBM. Again, you may have to make different changes to your diet to achieve results, though. Just like myself and other guys in here, you will have to constantly make changes to see what works better and better.