Good calorie deficit to start with. - AnabolicMinds.com

Good calorie deficit to start with.

  1. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Good calorie deficit to start with.


    I have an upcoming 20 to 24 week cut coming up and was wanting some opinions. Whats a good calorie deficit to start with? Im thinking 320 deficit and my maintenance seems to be around 3150 so I will be starting at 2830 . 320 is 10% of my calories and an additional 5 to calm my ocd. Seem like a good start? Refeeds every 2 weeks for now or every 10 days*still deciding*
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/

  2. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    I have an upcoming 20 to 24 week cut coming up and was wanting some opinions. Whats a good calorie deficit to start with? Im thinking 320 deficit and my maintenance seems to be around 3150 so I will be starting at 2830 . 320 is 10% of my calories and an additional 5 to calm my ocd. Seem like a good start? Refeeds every 2 weeks for now or every 10 days*still deciding*
    I'd just drop it as little as possible. By 100 and skip the refeeds until progress stops. And ten when progress stops drop another 100 and keep refeeds within your daily calories just completely change the macros.

    I wouldn't cut so much so fast
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  3. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    I'd just drop it as little as possible. By 100 and skip the refeeds until progress stops. And ten when progress stops drop another 100 and keep refeeds within your daily calories just completely change the macros.

    I wouldn't cut so much so fast
    Ill keep it to 150 to start with.Also have a carb cycling question. Monday and Tuesday high carb. Wednesday low carb. Thursday and friday high carb and Saturday and sunday low carb. 4 high carb 3 low carb. Good idea?
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    •   
       

  4. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Ill keep it to 150 to start with.Also have a carb cycling question. Monday and Tuesday high carb. Wednesday low carb. Thursday and friday high carb and Saturday and sunday low carb. 4 high carb 3 low carb. Good idea?
    For a cut I'd do calories

    3000 to start your 150 deficit

    Day one high
    Day 2 low
    Day 3 moderate
    Day 4 low
    Day 5 high

    Then repeat

    Or you can do keto 3 days, refeed with same calories, keto 2 days, refeed same calories
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  5. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    For a cut I'd do calories

    3000 to start your 150 deficit

    Day one high
    Day 2 low
    Day 3 moderate
    Day 4 low
    Day 5 high

    Then repeat

    Or you can do keto 3 days, refeed with same calories, keto 2 days, refeed same calories

    My calories wont be cycled. carb cycling has worked for me in the past.

    7 day carb cycling plan would be better for me sense my training is planned that way. Also note 100 carbs is low for me.

    For instance

    Set up 1:
    Day 1 high or moderate*chest day,I dont believe it will matter much*
    Day 2 high *leg day*
    Day 3 low*rest*
    Day 4 high *back*
    Day 5 high*shoulders
    Day 6 low
    Day 7 low.

    Set up 2:

    Day 1 low* I get through chest easily.*
    Day 2 high*leg*
    Day 3 low
    Day 4 moderate*back day is a favorite of mine. Dont think ill have a problem with low carbing it
    Day 5 high*shoulders tax me*
    Day 6 low
    Day 7 low

    Between the 2 which one would be more beneficial?
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    My calories wont be cycled. carb cycling has worked for me in the past.

    7 day carb cycling plan would be better for me sense my training is planned that way. Also note 100 carbs is low for me.

    For instance

    Set up 1:
    Day 1 high or moderate*chest day,I dont believe it will matter much*
    Day 2 high *leg day*
    Day 3 low*rest*
    Day 4 high *back*
    Day 5 high*shoulders
    Day 6 low
    Day 7 low.

    Set up 2:

    Day 1 low* I get through chest easily.*
    Day 2 high*leg*
    Day 3 low
    Day 4 moderate*back day is a favorite of mine. Dont think ill have a problem with low carbing it
    Day 5 high*shoulders tax me*
    Day 6 low
    Day 7 low

    Between the 2 which one would be more beneficial?
    High days on tougher workout with weaker muscle groupsi wasn't suggesting cycling calories. Keep cals the same. Reread the post
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  7. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    High days on tougher workout with weaker muscle groupsi wasn't suggesting cycling calories. Keep cals the same. Reread the post
    So legs and shoulders would be my high days
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    So legs and shoulders would be my high days
    Yes sit!
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  9. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    Yes sit!
    Alrighty! Been alot of help brother! Laying out a plan is a pain sometimes. Hopeing to get to 7% or lower
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Alrighty! Been alot of help brother! Laying out a plan is a pain sometimes. Hopeing to get to 7% or lower
    Shouldn't be an issue man if you decide on carbs I recommend eating fat in the morning when lpl and Hsl is highest and most carbs at night

    So like 2/3 fat by 3pm 1/3 carb by 3 pm then the rest at night
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  11. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EBF Inc View Post

    Shouldn't be an issue man if you decide on carbs I recommend eating fat in the morning when lpl and Hsl is highest and most carbs at night

    So like 2/3 fat by 3pm 1/3 carb by 3 pm then the rest at night
    Already have the peanut butter banana coconut oil whole milk protien morning shake planed haha! im a morning person. I train at 9 am most mornings.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  12. Advanced Member
    laneanders's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    887
    Rep Power
    198649

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I generally go with a 200 calorie deficit on a cut. That seems to work most efficiently for me with little to no loss in strength or muscle mass.
  13. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,447
    Rep Power
    1188224

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Bump for more opinions. Ill be on anabolics too so take that into account
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  14. Board Sponsor
    gymratluke's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    51570

    Reputation Reputation

    My first thought was 300 so I think your on the right track!
    ​Athletic Xtreme Sponsored Athlete
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. About to start with Animal M-Stak
    By insomniacl in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-28-2008, 03:59 PM
  2. When to start with Liver Support?
    By JockoJohnson in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 05:52 PM
  3. Good fat metabolizer to stack with Leviathan?
    By MakaveliThaDon in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 09:14 PM
  4. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 03:57 PM
  5. What to start with
    By Animosity in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-09-2004, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in