How many carbs a day to help get cut

dodo408

Awards
Im about to start a pretty strict diet and im wanting to know what the most grams of carbs i should shoot for a day is in order to help get cut up some. Thanks!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I eat a balanced diet to start. keeping your intake iso caloric. run that for a few weeks until you stop gaining ground on the fatloss. then start tweaking your macros. will you be using any fat burning supplements? how about fish oils?

dodo408

Awards
I eat a balanced diet to start. keeping your intake iso caloric. run that for a few weeks until you stop gaining ground on the fatloss. then start tweaking your macros. will you be using any fat burning supplements? how about fish oils?
i plan on running dexaprine as well as fish oil

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
well its my stance that you should be quite successful at the start just reigning in the calories. but as time goes on it gets harder and harder. look for about 1-2 lbs of fat loss a week .. once you slow to less than a pound per week you can start to manipulate your fats and carbs to start burning fat again.. you can also add in more cardio as you go. dexaprine and fish oil will be of great value to your dieting efforts.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Running Dexaprine sounds great to me. You have to calculate your macro-nutrient intake though to know your calorie needs for maintenance, bulk, or cut. I cut carbs before I cut fats or proteins.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
No set numbers, there is a multitude of programs you can run. It all boils down to calories and what fits best your lifestyle.

6 small meals a day, 3 meals a day, big meal right after workout, low fat, low carbs, it all works as long as you are able to reach your macro and caloric goal.

Look up a few diets and find the one that you are most likely to stick to, and that's your answer.

gymratluke

gymratluke

Board Sponsor
Awards
What are your stats? You can get shredded on a high carb diet/low fat, low carb/high fat diet, or a balanced diet it doesnt really matter. One or the other may be more ideal for you personally, but whats best is whatever you like the most and can stick with. The trick to losing fat and not muscle is find your maintenance cals, subtract 300, then shoot for 40% of your cals from protein, divide the rest between carbs and fat. I like to utilize BCAA's in high doses around my workouts as well when dieting. I almost always do low carb diets, but I have gotten well under 10% using all methods. Funny thing was, the most peeled I have ever been, I was eating 400 carbs a day!! Too bad I ate way too low fat and cholesterol for too long and it severely hurt my test levels! Oh well, live and learn! Also, HIIT style cardio will be your best friend. Good luck!

dodo408

Awards
thanks for the info man! much appreciated! you make it sound so easy!