Low carb help?

Hondaman722

Awards
25 pounds overweight

Thinking about low carb diet again, had great results before, but I hear allot of bad things about low carb and metabolism especially when your young?

Any opinions or results any has on the forum would be a great help!!

Thanks

Stats
5ft10.5
200 pounds
25% bodyfat
17 years old

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ease into your low carb diet.. start with a regular diet for a couple weeks then start into the low carb aspect.. don't believe all the hype surrounding a low carb diet.
if it works for you, its far more healthy to be fit than fat.
keto diets have been around for a lot longer than most fad diets out there and the newer style cyclic keto diets are simple to follow and highly effective.
look for:
body opus
anabolic diet
UD 2.0

any of these diets will smoke your body fat stores and help you maintain mass.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
While there is nothing really intrinsically speacial about a LCHF diet if it worked for you in the past and you were able to adhere to the guidelines of it then by all means go for it again. Those claiming dangers fron a low carb diet usually have no idea what they are talking about. The diets ripper listed above are great. I would add to that list Lyle McDonalds keotgenic diet book

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
25 pounds overweight

Thinking about low carb diet again, had great results before, but I hear allot of bad things about low carb and metabolism especially when your young?

Thanks

Stats
5ft10.5
200 pounds
25% bodyfat
17 years old
thats how I diet, I do the old fashinoed lots of cardio and low carbs. I can handle it, some others can't. It does effect your metabolism. When you're transistion from cutting to eating carbs, you need to be SUPER careful for a month or two, otherwise you'll be fatter than when you started.

Hondaman722

Awards
thats how I diet, I do the old fashinoed lots of cardio and low carbs. I can handle it, some others can't. It does effect your metabolism. When you're transistion from cutting to eating carbs, you need to be SUPER careful for a month or two, otherwise you'll be fatter than when you started.
Could u elaborate more :) thanks

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Hey man, I'm currently doing a moderately low carb diet to help burn this excess body fat. It's working for me, so I'm sticking with it as long as I can, especially since summer is around the corner here in Australia!

When you say to be SUPER careful for a month or two, what exactly do you mean? I currently have 1 - 2 carb reload days a week otherwise I just don't have the energy to do ANYTHING so I try to do one the night before dead lifts and the other over the weekend and kinda use it as a 'cheat day' by rewarding myself with some yummy sweet potato crinkles (seasoned with a lil cinnamon, pink Himalayan rock salt, all spice and coconut oil FTW!) and since they're so damn delicious, I really go all out and eat a lot of them haha.

So basically, to clarify what you're saying, after introducing carbs again we should be easing into it? Perhaps with an extra night or two or carbs each week until back to normal? ...or slower than that? Appreciate your feedback :)

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
25 pounds overweight

Thanks

Stats
5ft10.5
200 pounds
25% bodyfat
17 years old
Good luck man, I've been having some pretty decent results doing this. Just ensure your protein and good fats are high enough to combat the low carbs.

For me, I believe cutting out grains/wheat has made the biggest difference to my physique - especially the midsection.

I'm no expert mind you, but try these 2 basic adjustments for a couple weeks and let us know how you're going -

- Drop all breads from the diet. Cut that crap out completely! Trust me ;)

- Start your day with a big hit of good fats! This will keep you feeling full and energised for hours. The good fats will also help feed your brain which you will definitely need during a period of carb restriction.

That's just my two cents, take it or leave it! And again, GOOD LUCK! :D

Hondaman722

Awards
Good luck man, I've been having some pretty decent results doing this. Just ensure your protein and good fats are high enough to combat the low carbs. For me, I believe cutting out grains/wheat has made the biggest difference to my physique - especially the midsection. I'm no expert mind you, but try these 2 basic adjustments for a couple weeks and let us know how you're going - - Drop all breads from the diet. Cut that crap out completely! Trust me ;) - Start your day with a big hit of good fats! This will keep you feeling full and energised for hours. The good fats will also help feed your brain which you will definitely need during a period of carb restriction. That's just my two cents, take it or leave it! And again, GOOD LUCK! :D
Great Advice man, thanks for the goodluck also!
Btw what good fats do you start your morning off with, thanks

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Great Advice man, thanks for the goodluck also!
Btw what good fats do you start your morning off with, thanks
Anytime buddy! :)

I usually start with avocado in my smoothie and some MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides derived from coconut fat basically) or when I was doing the Bulletproof diet, I would start my day with (the worlds best drink) a Bulletproof Coffee which involved blending high quality GRASS FED butter into my coffee with the addition of the MCT Oil.

Do some research on that and see if it tickles your fancy.

This would inadvertently help me with my intermittent fasting as the good fats would keep me full and buzzing with energy until after lunchtime.

Hondaman722

Awards
Anytime buddy! :) I usually start with avocado in my smoothie and some MCT oil (medium chain triglycerides derived from coconut fat basically) or when I was doing the Bulletproof diet, I would start my day with (the worlds best drink) a Bulletproof Coffee which involved blending high quality GRASS FED butter into my coffee with the addition of the MCT Oil. Do some research on that and see if it tickles your fancy. This would inadvertently help me with my intermittent fasting as the good fats would keep me full and buzzing with energy until after lunchtime.
Thanks for the fast response! I Will try it out :)

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Some very accurate and great advice in here. I usually limit my carbs before I will lower my fats or protein. I respond much better to the lack of carbs than I do lack of fats (I've tried it and it was awful). I never go too low on carbs, but I keep them at a relatively low % during a cut. Add some Ephedrine and Dexaprine XR and you will lose all the weight you could want.