Need a breakfast and/or anytime shake idea

jakesnake771

Awards
Hi Everyone!

I've posted on here before about starting my weight loss journey. I recently joined Weight Watchers and have so far lost 21.2 pounds in 10 weeks. (I know I could have probably lost more, but I'm not killing myself and I can see myself sticking to the plan).

My one issue for me is breakfast. I'm a M-F 9-5 worker and sometimes I don't have time to make myself a proper breakfast (egg beaters, turkey sausage). I was looking at some of the Herbalife stuff, but from what I've read, it's not the best.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for a good breakfast shake I could make and take on the road with me. It doesn't have to specifically be breakfast...a shake I can drink on a saturday afternoon to curb an appetite would be cool too. I thought I saw a recipes section of these forums before, but the layout has changed since the last time I was on, so I'm a bit lost.

I'm looking for a good low fat/carb protein powder and maybe some supplements that I can mix in a blender with some ice and maybe some PB or a banana and either milk/soy milk/almond milk/water. Because I'm on Weight Watchers, they track fat/carbs/fiber/protein. I want the bulk of the calories to come from protein to keep me feeling full.

Any tips?

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
I think you already have a good idea at what you need to put in your desired shake, now it just comes down to experimenting. I use make whey+oats+PB+few strawberries(or blueberries or half banana)+flax meal+water. Depending on what macro's you want to hit, determines how much you can really put in.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Make a fruit smoothie with whey (vanilla whey + coconut milk + blueberries is my favorite) or grab a yogurt and mix with fruit. Both options are quick and easy to grab while on the run

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
try isotean by iForce .. its a whey protein isolate that has very low carb and fat content. also it tastes amazing! a scoop per shake so the tubs last a long time if you are only drinking 1 serving a day.
isotean_lg.png

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
try isotean by iForce .. its a whey protein isolate that has very low carb and fat content. also it tastes amazing! a scoop per shake so the tubs last a long time if you are only drinking 1 serving a day.
View attachment 89324
this would be a good start....then you can add what you want from there, natty pb, banana.....it doesn't sound like you want to but you could also grind up some oats and throw them in there as well

i've been using isotean in the morning as i work the same schedule, i do eat breakfast but i can't do egg's every morning...i get a terrible stomach ache and feel sick if i eat eggs everyday and it's been a great way to get my protein in

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I do love me some Isotean Chocolate! I throw some creatine in and a banana, a few ice cubes, blend it up and your set!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Looks like you have a lot of suggestions already. My favorite thing to do is this,

1 cup Muscle Eggs Vanilla
1 cup coconut milk
1 scoop Isotean (since you want low carbs) otherwise I use Protean
hand full of ice cubes.

let it rip!

Enjoy

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I like to go with fruits and vanilla Isotean personally. My favorite is Raspberry + Blueberry + Vanilla Isotean + Greek Yogurt at the moment.

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
My traditional shake is

Myofusion
Banana
Oats
Natty pb
Honey

Tastes delish

exrugger

Awards