calories used

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Whats a good way to figure calories used during my workouts?

The reason I ask is daily I run on a caloric deficit so I use my post workout shake to replenish the calories I burn during my workout. i dont want to dip to deep into my calories but also don't want to much so I gain my weight back. normally my shake is 1 scoop iosology, 3\4 cup egg whites, 1 cup almond milk some cinnamon

Im just trying to figure out if that is enough or even the right approach.

Ty Dmax

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO, the best method is to use a heart rate monitor. Most now contain calorie calculators. If you don't have the funds for one then stop and record your heart rate via taking pulse and calculate approx calories burned using your height and weight and age.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Should I check it a few times and the average it dont have the money for a fancy watch atm.
I feel that now that im down to 230 I really need to dial my diet in to make good progress and try not to lose strength

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Should I check it a few times and the average it dont have the money for a fancy watch atm.
I feel that now that im down to 230 I really need to dial my diet in to make good progress and try not to lose strength
I'd say that is a good method. This really is not an exact science. Look up TheSolution's threads as he gives great advice and references plenty to read about nutrition and weight loss.

Duramaxhd

Duramaxhd

Awards
Thanks for your help I will look it up