Pros vs. cons of 2 daily workouts?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.33%

Pros vs. cons of 2 daily workouts?

So I have heard of people doing 2- a day workouts which never really made sense so I was thinking I would just so cardio twice a day and lift just once a day. Are there any precautions I need to take for this idea? I'm 18, 5'10", 168 lbs. goal is to lose a good 20-25 pounds then add some muscle mass once I've thinned up some.. Thanks!

2. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.91%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I don't think its a good idea for any natural lifter to lift twice a day. Are you on steroids?
  3. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.49%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

If you compensate for recovery and through nutrition it shouldn't be a problem
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.33%

Well it would be around 5:30 in the morning and then again around 245 before work and after school if I end up going in this path?
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.33%

With 2 cardio sessions and lifting weights in a calorie deficient, you will loose weight but much of it will be muscle. If you add back in the Calories burnt during excercise, you will negate the point of all the cardio and lifting.

You could look into a program like lyle mcdonnels protein sparing modified fast, or maybe consider going paleo to loose weight then maybe a few carbs around workouts.

If your trying to loose fat and gain muscle, just understand it is the holy grail of bodybuilding, it can be done however to do it you have to understand your bodies nutrient needs and preferences and will have to follow a strict protocol of nutrient timing.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Solar View Post
    With 2 cardio sessions and lifting weights in a calorie deficient, you will loose weight but much of it will be muscle. If you add back in the Calories burnt during excercise, you will negate the point of all the cardio and lifting.

You could look into a program like lyle mcdonnels protein sparing modified fast, or maybe consider going paleo to loose weight then maybe a few carbs around workouts.

If your trying to loose fat and gain muscle, just understand it is the holy grail of bodybuilding, it can be done however to do it you have to understand your bodies nutrient needs and preferences and will have to follow a strict protocol of nutrient timing.
    What do you mean by going Paleo?
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.14%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I did 2 sessions when I boxed, but I ate almost 6k calories a day. Most of the training was aerobic with some resistance training, but generally speaking two heavy sessions of weights would be detrimental. If you focused on lifting early and cardio late I don't see a problem. If you do something like that you will most likely need some assistance from supplements, Citrulline Malate would be very beneficial, and you might want some stimulants as well like Dexaprine XR. You would also need to ingest copious amounts of calories so supplementing with Protean or Isotean would probably be a necessity to help alleviate lost muscle mass.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.2%
    Achievements Activity Pro

I do this when I am in contest prep. YOu need to have a plan gonig into this. Have you researched this and the various different programs to do?

I dont recommend doing cardio 2x's a day and lifting once IMO. Morning session should be heavy and intense. Night session if same body part which I did do, lighter, intensity was through the roof. Then I would do HIIT after my second session.

Recovery is going to be difficult, that is where supps are going to come in. What I did when I was on this structure is morning pop Dexaprine XR. That got me ready to kill a heavy session big time. Using compete during my workout along with BCAA's. Isotean post workout followed with a whole meal shortly after, and another meal 1 hr later. Night session was the same deal, but I would also take Lights Out to make sure I got some sleep.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.33%

Damn there is alot I still have to learn before I get this serious I guess
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  204 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.33%

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    I did 2 sessions when I boxed, but I ate almost 6k calories a day. Most of the training was aerobic with some resistance training, but generally speaking two heavy sessions of weights would be detrimental. If you focused on lifting early and cardio late I don't see a problem. If you do something like that you will most likely need some assistance from supplements, Citrulline Malate would be very beneficial, and you might want some stimulants as well like Dexaprine XR. You would also need to ingest copious amounts of calories so supplementing with Protean or Isotean would probably be a necessity to help alleviate lost muscle mass.

Exactly, you could do cardio 5 times a day if your we're so inclined, however by the time you added back in the nutrition neccesary you would not be any better off.
  11. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.41%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I usually do two a days. I switch it up btw cardio and lifting. One day I will do one in the morning the next day I will swap it up. Recovery is a bit slower but you get used to it after a while. as soon as I get up I usually take a half pill of Dexaprine for that boost of energy. When im not feeling that I will take Conquer+Hemavol
    Myokem Rep 15% Off @ Myokem.com use code dkgreene15
    NITRAMINE-Elite Preworkout Ignition System |PYROXAMINEHigh Performance Thermogenic Agent |MAGNITROPIN-High Performance Myotropic Agent |ALPHADEX-High Performance Hormone Modulator
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Bdcc utilises a 2-a-day training method and it works good for him. He is natty so it can be done.

It doesn't mean you'll need more protein though.

You may need a pick me up, if so just slam back the caffeine. No need for much else
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.57%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    Bdcc utilises a 2-a-day training method and it works good for him. He is natty so it can be done.

It doesn't mean you'll need more protein though.

You may need a pick me up, if so just slam back the caffeine. No need for much else
    You mean trenjamin?

Pfft, natty my ass. That guy tren rages like it's his job!

Body Performance Solutions Representative

Check out our products at www.bpsnutrition.net
    Check out our FaceBook page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Body-Performance-Solutions/191322614238042
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post

You mean trenjamin?

LOL trenjamin
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  15. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.35%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by newguyinhere2 View Post
    Damn there is alot I still have to learn before I get this serious I guess
    I did two a days for two weeks, it destroyed me with cortisol and I couldn't compensate with my nutrition and calories... One intense session of weights and cardio a day is enough if you're eating to burn fat and spare/build muscle. Going twice a day isn't ideal for natty lifters.
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  16. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    You mean trenjamin?

haha
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  17. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.38%

Honestly I think a lot of guys spend too much time analyzing routines without actually trying them out. I've done 2 a days for size in 4 week sessions and worked great for me. (Naturally)... My advice to you is try it and see how your body reacts... The great think about bodybuilding is it's body specific... Find what works for you.
  18. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.67%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by chedapalooza View Post
    I did two a days for two weeks, it destroyed me with cortisol and I couldn't compensate with my nutrition and calories... One intense session of weights and cardio a day is enough if you're eating to burn fat and spare/build muscle. Going twice a day isn't ideal for natty lifters.

Yep, it's over-training city!. No need to work out twice a day. You can't "make up for" your overtraining by adding more calories. It's less than ideal, it's detrimental. Just because you see juiced up pros working out twice a day doesn't make it right. It's absolutely over compulsive behavior.
    S.N.S. Rep

T-bone@seriousnutritionsolutions .com
  19. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.35%

If u over train your numbers might look like this (shameless plug sorry for the hijack) brilliant minds in this thread tho-- please help here ASAP

REALLY STRANGE blood work- help

Similar Forum Threads

1. pros and cons of a high protien low carb diet yearound
    By keater824 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 07:39 AM
  2. Pros and Cons of Sub-Q T
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:27 PM
  3. Pro and Cons of my new diet...
    By PumpingIron in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 37