New guy losing weight

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  275 lbs.

New guy losing weight

I have been looking around this site for a few months now and thought I would introduce myself. I got out of the Army around a year ago. For the 4 years I was in I was in the best shape of my life. Loved going to the gym loved lifting. After I got out I went through some tough personal times and REALLY let myself go. 5 weeks ago I decide to make some lifestyle changes and cleaned up my diet started lifting again and quit smoking. I am 5'8" and started at 285. I'm currently down to 269 working my way to about 195 one day. Anyways thanks for all the info so far I look forward to continuing to learn and achieve my goals.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

dude, thanks for your service to the nation! on that note there are many iForce reps who will be very glad to help you on your journey back to fitness.
    congrats for pulling up your bootstraps and making changes to better youself and quality of life.
    *** iForce Nutrition Anabolic Minion Member ***
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Step 1 find your calorie needs for a day. 2. Download myfitnesspal app or sign up to the website. Huge food database and counts calories for you. Make sure your at about a 100 calorie deficit. If you stop losing weight just lower it by another 100. Dont go down 1000 calories all the sudden. Your body will fight back.

3. Dont rely too much on supplements.

4. Above tip being said im sure you will find the alphamine appetite suppressant effect very strong. If you want a supplement I suggest that.

5. Dont just decide to do 6 days of cardio when you start this. Add in 1 day at a time over weeks.

Im sure you'll be shreded in no time
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Nice move on quitting those cancer sticks. If you need an appetite suppressant Dexaprine XR is awesome.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolic Minions Member
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  275 lbs.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I started taking alphamine three weeks ago but that is all I take for now. Still working on cleaning up my diet for now and losing what I can like that.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  220 lbs.

keep it up! the first step is starting, and your well on your way.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Good luck!!!!! It's a difficult journey but soooooo worth it!!!!
    DO IT FOR THE "HOLY, SH*T, YOU GOT HOT"...
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  275 lbs.

Well things might be slowing down some. I went to the doctor for a pain in my foot that has been coming and going for the last 4 years. Turns out what the Army doctor said was a sprained ankle was a strained ligament. The podiatrist thinks it has been getting worse and now I have a torn ligament in my foot.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.

rest well man .. stay on track with your diet tho.. don't use this as a reason to work on hitting your goals. get some joint help from iforce bro it will help keep them joints mobile and aid in acute pain relief and possibly healing.
    *** iForce Nutrition Anabolic Minion Member ***
  10. Registered User

Like the others said thanks for the service man!! 16 pounds in 5 weeks is a great start!! And you quit smoking!! Way to change things around!! Keep it up!!
  11. Registered User

You have quit smoking, it is a right start. I have lose weight and these are the following things that I have used. One can lose weight fast without waking up early in the morning and doing running in the park. The three essential things that are required to do so are strength training, cardio exercise and by taking a healthy diet that contains nutrients and proteins.

Do not take stress and to avoid it you need to read books to relieve from stress. With strength training activities you can actually increases cardiovascular fitness, your joints & bones. It will also help in building your muscles. Supplementary products are very popular and they can help in body building and muscle gain with fat loss. I have used usplabsdirect-Usp Labs test powder for muscle gaining and to burn extra fat from my body. Eat healthy food, take diet rich in proteins, count your calories that you take every day and in this way you can lose weight and extra fat from your body fastly, but do remember that you should stick to a healthy diet plan.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  207 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by morelan85 View Post
    I have been looking around this site for a few months now and thought I would introduce myself. I got out of the Army around a year ago. For the 4 years I was in I was in the best shape of my life. Loved going to the gym loved lifting. After I got out I went through some tough personal times and REALLY let myself go. 5 weeks ago I decide to make some lifestyle changes and cleaned up my diet started lifting again and quit smoking. I am 5'8" and started at 285. I'm currently down to 269 working my way to about 195 one day. Anyways thanks for all the info so far I look forward to continuing to learn and achieve my goals.
    Great to have you! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can answer any questions you might have. Thank you for your service friend.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Please visit our website at http://finaflex.com.
    ​" If you're looking for a work house.......I'm no Clydesdale."
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Thanks for serving brother and welcome to AM! Stay positive and keep that military bearing. You will do well in achieving your goals, I am sure. As posted above, there are MANY knowledgeable folks around there...don't be afraid to pick peoples brains
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  189 lbs.

Thanks for your service!! I'm loving this place there are many friendly people willing to help.
    CTD Labs Product Ambassador/Board Rep
    5% off CTD Labs products at NutraPlanet use code -
    CTDNP5
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Welcome to AM bro. Sounds like your off to a great start, just keep doing what your doing as its already working for you. Keep us posted of your progress!
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.

Liptons green tea. The teabags. 5 cups of that a day. Thats a high dose of the good stuff in green tea. Make a pitcher every 3 days cheap,effective,tastey with sweetner of choice or lime juice.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. New to forum, need advice....trying to lose weight...
    By ilozoya3 in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 12:44 PM
  2. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 12:03 PM
  3. New here, losing weight.
    By 03SVTCobra in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 12:03 PM
  4. New guy here, looking for help with weight management
    By MPLexus301 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16