Food for weight loss

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Food for weight loss

Hello.

Just wondering what people think are good foods/snacks are good or burning fat?

Thanks all!

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.53%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Eggs
    iForce Protean
    Nuts
    Coconut Oil
    Vegetables
    Meat

Eat a clean diet within your caloric intake with a good effort put in during training and you will burn fat and build muscle. Essentially dont eat crap.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.43%

Some more information would be good, but there are a wide variety of good foods. I personally try to get a high protein diet and avoid high carbs at all costs. That can be hard to do as most high protein foods have high fat as well. Isotean is a good option for just your protein intake.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.61%

Quote Originally Posted by laneanders View Post
    Some more information would be good, but there are a wide variety of good foods. I personally try to get a high protein diet and avoid high carbs at all costs. That can be hard to do as most high protein foods have high fat as well. Isotean is a good option for just your protein intake.
    This! Try to have a high protein diet while watching your carbs and fats. I've been cutting for 4 weeks and I've used Isotean in the morning, mid-day, and evening since it's a lean source of protein. I eat egg whites and tuna in the a.m, I'll have two-three 1 cup brown rice and 8 oz chicken breast meals spread at a 2-3 hour interval and then maybe egg whites again at night. Just keep it clean.
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

No foods are geared towardweight loss, and the whole "eating clean" thing literally makes zero sense. What is eating 'clean'? Why do people consider brown rice a 'clean' food compared to white rice? Why are grains considered 'clean'?

To me, both of those foods are 'dirty' and are to be avoided as much as possible.

To lose weight, eat less than what you burn. 300kcals from grain bread is the same as 300kcals from any other food.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.85%

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been reading up on carb cycle diet. The goal is to go from 205 to 185-190. Lately I've been burning about 1000 calories more then what I've been eating.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.3%

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern4312 View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, but I've been reading up on carb cycle diet. The goal is to go from 205 to 185-190. Lately I've been burning about 1000 calories more then what I've been eating.
    Yes, you are right. So many researchers found that Carb is best option to weight loss. People should take 50 to 100 grams carbs in a day for proper weight loss.
    Dianabol on stock and ready for fast shipping worldwide
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by michaelawlker View Post
    Yes, you are right. So many researchers found that Carb is best option to weight loss. People should take 50 to 100 grams carbs in a day for proper weight loss.
    Some claim that it is, but its no better for weight loss than high carb low fat.
  9. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

Relatively high-protein or 'low-carb' energy-restricted diets for body weight loss and body weight maintenance?
    Soenen S, Bonomi AG, Lemmens SG, Scholte J, Thijssen MA, van Berkum F, Westerterp-Plantenga MS.
    Source
    Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute Maastricht (NUTRIM), Maastricht University, P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht, The Netherlands; Top Institute Food and Nutrition (TIFN), Wageningen, The Netherlands.
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND:
    'Low-carb' diets have been suggested to be effective in body weight (BW) management. However, these diets are relatively high in protein as well.
    OBJECTIVE:
    To unravel whether body-weight loss and weight-maintenance depends on the high-protein or the 'low-carb' component of the diet.
    DESIGN:
    Body-weight (BW), fat mass (FM), blood- and urine-parameters of 132 participants (age=50 ± 12 yr; BW=107 ± 20 kg; BMI=37 ± 6 kg/m(2); FM=47.5 ± 11.9 kg) were compared after 3 and 12 months between four energy-restricted diets with 33% of energy requirement for the first 3 months, and 67% for the last 9 months: normal-protein normal-carbohydrate (NPNC), normal-protein low-carbohydrate (NPLC); high-protein normal-carbohydrate (HPNC), high-protein low-carbohydrate (HPLC); 24h N-analyses confirmed daily protein intakes for the normal-protein diets of 0.7 ± 0.1 and for the high-protein diets of 1.1 ± 0.2g/kg BW (p<0.01).
    RESULTS:
    BW and FM decreased over 3 months (p<0.001): HP (-14.1 ± 4 kg; -11.9 ± 1.7 kg) vs. NP (-11.5 ± 4 kg; -9.3 ± 0.7 kg) (p<0.001); LC (-13.5 ± 4 kg; -11.0 ± 1.2 kg) vs. NC (-12.3 ± 3 kg; -10.3 ± 1.1 kg) (ns). Diet × time interaction showed HPLC (-14.7 ± 5 kg; -11.9 ± 1.6 kg) vs. HPNC (-13.8 ± 3 kg; -11.9 ± 1.8 kg) (ns); NPLC (-12.2 ± 4 kg; -10.0 ± 0.8 kg) vs. NPNC (-10.7 ± 4 kg; -8.6 ± 0.7 kg) (ns); HPLC vs. NPLC (p<0.001); HPNC vs. NPNC (p<0.001). Decreases over 12 months (p<0.001) showed HP (-12.8 ± 4 kg; -9.1 ± 0.8 kg) vs. NP (-8.9 ± 3 kg; -7.7 ± 0.6 kg) (p<0.001); LC (-10.6 ± 4 kg; -8.3 ± 0.7 kg) vs. NC (11.1 ± 3 kg; 9.3 ± 0.7 kg) (ns). Diet × time interaction showed HPLC (-11.6 ± 5 kg ; -8.2 ± 0.7 kg) vs. HPNC (-14.1 ± 4 kg; -10.0 ± 0.9 kg) (ns); NPNC (-8.2 ± 3 kg; -6.7 ± 0.6 kg) vs. NPLC (-9.7 ± 3 kg; -8.5 ± 0.7 kg) (ns); HPLC vs. NPLC (p<0.01); HPNC vs. NPNC (p<0.01). HPNC vs. all other diets reduced diastolic blood pressure more. Relationships between changes in BW, FM, FFM or metabolic parameters and energy percentage of fat in the diet were not statistically significant. Metabolic profile and fat-free-mass were improved following weight-loss.
    CONCLUSION:
    Body-weight loss and weight-maintenance depends on the high-protein, but not on the 'low-carb' component of the diet, while it is unrelated to the concomitant fat-content of the diet.

[The effects of a low-fat versus a low carbohydrate diet in obese adults].
    [Article in Spanish]
    De Luis DA, Aller R, Izaola O, González Sagrado M, Conde R.
    Source
    Red temática de Investigación Corporativa en Envejecimiento RD056/0013, Instituto de Endocrinología y Nutrición, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad de Valladolid, Unidad de Investigación, Hospital Río Hortera, Valladolid, España. dadluis@yahoo.es
    Abstract
    BACKGROUND AND OBJECTIVE:
    The aim of our study was to compare the effect of a high fat and a high protein diet vs a fat restricted diet on weight loss in obese patients.
    SUBJECTS AND METHODS:
    A population of 74 obesity non diabetic outpatients was analyzed in a prospective way. Patients were randomly allocated to two groups: a) diet I (low fat diet: 1500kcal/day, 52% carbohydrates, 20% proteins, 27% fats) with a distribution of fats and b) diet II (high fat and high protein diet: 1507kcal/day, 38% carbohydrates, 26% proteins, 36% fats). After three months with diet, weight, blood pressure, glucose, C reactive protein, insulin, insulin resistance, total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, HDL-cholesterol and triglycerides were evaluated.
    RESULTS:
    There were randomized 35 patients (4 males and 31 females) in the group I and 39 patients (6 males and 33 females) in diet group II. In group I, systolic pressure, BMI, weight, fat free mass, fat mass total body water, intracellular body water and waist circumference decreased significantly. In group II, glucose, total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol, systolic blood, BMI, weight, fat mass, total body water and waist circumference decreased significantly. Differences among averages of parameters before treatment with both diets were not detected.
    CONCLUSIONS:
    No differences were detected on weight loss between a fat-restricted diet and a high fat and high protein enhanced diet.
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.53%

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    No foods are geared towardweight loss, and the whole "eating clean" thing literally makes zero sense. What is eating 'clean'? Why do people consider brown rice a 'clean' food compared to white rice? Why are grains considered 'clean'?

To me, both of those foods are 'dirty' and are to be avoided as much as possible.

To lose weight, eat less than what you burn. 300kcals from grain bread is the same as 300kcals from any other food.
    Those I both concider a 'clean' food. What I personally concider a 'dirty' food is stuff like fast food. The list is longer then that, but IMO that is how I treat my diet. Essentailly anything I would want a 'cheat' meal with. Rice to me is interchangeable. I have yet to really notice a difference when I eat white or brown rice pre/post WO or any other time of the day.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.89%

Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    Those I both concider a 'clean' food. What I personally concider a 'dirty' food is stuff like fast food. The list is longer then that, but IMO that is how I treat my diet. Essentailly anything I would want a 'cheat' meal with. Rice to me is interchangeable. I have yet to really notice a difference when I eat white or brown rice pre/post WO or any other time of the day.
    Oh I understand, i'm just throwing it out there. Healthy food is subjective to the person listing it. People consider sushi to be healthy, yet it is fast food. I also personally consider frying my vegetables in meat fat to be very healthy yet other people would disagree.

So the term clean means nothing because there is no standard to define it.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Ergopharm AMP for weight loss
    By Syr in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 01:58 PM
  2. Water Beats Ephedra For Weight Loss
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:23 PM
  3. Bromocriptine for Weight Loss