Need help with cutting

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
Hi guys,

I'm 17 sitting at 86kg, 5'6 and roughly 27 percent body fat. I've been training for nearly 2 years so I've got a good foundation of strength + muscle etc. I've always fell behind on my diet but I've always followed my workouts religiously. It's time I stepped up and start cutting. I basically need help with how much carbs, protein, fats I need per day! I also want to be cutting slowly as my rugby season starts in 2 weeks and I did not want to be losing strength!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
What is your current nutrition plan?

What is your training like?

The biggest thing I am noticing on this forum is people just want information without giving any. Please give this stuff so we can help you instead of just throwing random plans out there. Otherwise my response will be to just carb cycle.

Are you allergic to anything? Do you have food sensitivities?

Also, diet and training go hand in hand. They work together to get the results you are looking for.

I want to help you, but I need more information.

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
Sorry should have thought about that!

I'm not allergic to anything and my nutrition has quite frankly been sh*t. Never really pay attention to anything hence such a high body fat. Only pay attention to protein. I know it's not good but I've never had the determination to change.
As for my training plan:
My training programme for the summer has been:
Monday - chest and tris
DB bench press flat - 4x8
DB bench press incline - 4x8
DB bench press flat - 4x8
DB flies - 4x8
Underhand pull downs - 3x8
DB skull crushers - 3x8
Rope Pulldowns - 3x8
Tricep dips - 3x15

Tuesday - back and bis
Reverse rows - 2x8
Pull ups - 3x4
Deadlifts - 4x8
Bar in the corner - 4x8
Bar rows - 4x8
EZ bar curls - 4x8
DB hammer curls - 4x8
Drop set hammer curls/curls

Wednesday - legs and shoulders
Squats - 4x8
1 leg hamstring curls - 4x8
1 leg, leg extensions - 4x8
Standing calf raises - 4x15
DB shoulder press - 4x8
DB side raises - 4x8
DB front raises - 4x8
Rear delt flies - 4x8
Kettle bell shrugs - 4x8

Thursday - abs and cardio

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Ok so being that you nutrition has been “sh*t” as you put it, I recommend starting with basics as far as your macro’s go. The reason for this is it will be hard to determine how your body will respond to any nutrition plan. Chances are any type of plan will work well for you being you are so young and once you start eating healthy you will most likely drop fat and gain muscle. And yes it is possible to do it at the same time, I have been doing it for the last 10 months after a lot of experimentation on what works well for my body. So to cut down to it:
Protein – 1g-1.5g per pound of lean mass. (I know you are using kg)
Carbs – These can be tricky, so I might start with 20-30g
Fat – 10g-14g every other meal, but not postWO meal
This is a very very basic diet that I put most clients on for a month or less to see how their body reacts, and will then adjust things accordingly.
Do you take any supplements such as vitamins, minerals, fish oil?
I don’t recommend any sort of fat burner until you get a solid nutrition plan. Supplementing with a fat burner will be a waste of money for yourself if you don’t have the determination to eat a clean diet.
I hope this helps and makes sense to you. Let me know if it doesn’t.
***I am assuming you have an understanding of clean eating which is why I didn’t give recommendations for types of food. I can if you want.***

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Calculate your tdee and report back.....

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
Ok so being that you nutrition has been "sh*t" as you put it, I recommend starting with basics as far as your macro's go. The reason for this is it will be hard to determine how your body will respond to any nutrition plan. Chances are any type of plan will work well for you being you are so young and once you start eating healthy you will most likely drop fat and gain muscle. And yes it is possible to do it at the same time, I have been doing it for the last 10 months after a lot of experimentation on what works well for my body. So to cut down to it:
Protein - 1g-1.5g per pound of lean mass. (I know you are using kg)
Carbs - These can be tricky, so I might start with 20-30g
Fat - 10g-14g every other meal, but not postWO meal
This is a very very basic diet that I put most clients on for a month or less to see how their body reacts, and will then adjust things accordingly.
Do you take any supplements such as vitamins, minerals, fish oil?
I don't recommend any sort of fat burner until you get a solid nutrition plan. Supplementing with a fat burner will be a waste of money for yourself if you don't have the determination to eat a clean diet.
I hope this helps and makes sense to you. Let me know if it doesn't.
***I am assuming you have an understanding of clean eating which is why I didn't give recommendations for types of food. I can if you want.***
Thank you! As far as supplements I only take multivitamins, although I did buy some fat burners a while ago but I don't take it. Yes I do know clean eating and will try what you've said! Thanks again for your time and help!

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Thank you! As far as supplements I only take multivitamins, although I did buy some fat burners a while ago but I don't take it. Yes I do know clean eating and will try what you've said! Thanks again for your time and help!
Not a problem. Save whatever fat burner you bought until you are set on your diet and you basically go into a "stall".

Now that you have calculated your TDEE you will get much more detailed plans I am sure. I dont mean to be short with my response to you, I am at work and wanted to help just to get your pointed in the correct direction. We all do things different on here, and so the plus side is with all the plans that will come your way, you will find what works best for you.

Good luck to you!

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
Not a problem. Save whatever fat burner you bought until you are set on your diet and you basically go into a "stall".

Now that you have calculated your TDEE you will get much more detailed plans I am sure. I dont mean to be short with my response to you, I am at work and wanted to help just to get your pointed in the correct direction. We all do things different on here, and so the plus side is with all the plans that will come your way, you will find what works best for you.

Good luck to you!
Thank you again! Also how much water should I be taking in daily? And do you know anything I could mix with water as I don't like having it on it's own when I'm not training.

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
As I have my dinner quite late, should I be eating carbs then or not??

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
http://cronometer.com/ it's the only way - I'm 6 foot and everything online says I should consume 3000-3500 calories a day, but that only makes me a fatso, so join cronoxx ... and input your foods, it's simple to do; and follow it; It tells me to consume 2500 calories - bingo ! I dropped all the fat and gained muscle. You will too. You can't keep guessing at it. Good luck.

mynameisdiwas

mynameisdiwas

Awards
http://cronometer.com/ it's the only way - I'm 6 foot and everything online says I should consume 3000-3500 calories a day, but that only makes me a fatso, so join cronoxx ... and input your foods, it's simple to do; and follow it; It tells me to consume 2500 calories - bingo ! I dropped all the fat and gained muscle. You will too. You can't keep guessing at it. Good luck.
Thank you, it's given me a different reading at 2600 ish!

aLinux

aLinux

Awards
Excellent. Now's the fun part; you can gauge your Fats, Carbs and Proteins and pin point which is better or worse for you, plus at the same time you get to always watch your Nutritional value. When I first started on there 2 yrs ago; I thought I ate well; but my Nutrition only showed 50+%; after few months; it never dips below 96% now. As you get use to it you'll get healthier than ever and drop fat and gain muscle at the same time.