Cutting

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently trying to get bf down to <15%. I would guess right now I am somewhere near 15-17? I'm 6' and started cutting @205. I'm down to about 201 right now. I trained for about 6-7 years in my early 20s, fell off and now @ 36 yrs old I been training for 4 years consistently. My diet is basically going off what I've learned from listening to my body. I'm not real educated w dialing in my diet. I know that I've cut my carbs back on workout days, and calories are down. Keep a high protein. Routine is 4 days\week weight training hitting each body part once. Cardio 2 days/week 20 min. I'm currently taking multivitamin, fish oil, protein and alphamine. What I'm doing seems to be working as I see a change and can tell I am leaning out some. Can someone help me dial my diet in or point me in a good direction? Thanks

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
Depends a lot on how dedicated you are. I know personally I'm dedicated as **** and sometimes even over do the diet. Everyone's differenct, if your dedication (especially in the long run) is lacking just do simple substitution drink more water and do more cardio.

Now if you're serious id do 1 g of carbs per lb of body weight, 1.2 g or + of protein per lb of body weight and keep fats to a minimum. I usually hit somewhere around 30-40 grams a day. But if say keep it under 60.

No or little processes foods and the only sugars you're gonna want are those you get from fruit. I like to hit my fruit in my mid day snacks as the sugar helps perk me up.

5 meals a day
~2200 calories
3 days of cardio at 30 minutes minimum
(Preferably 4 at 30-50)
4 days of strength training
Fish oils
Creatine (yes creatine that "bloat" is just an excuse fat people make, creatine will keep your muscles hydrated and full and spare muscle wasting)
Multivitamin
Lots and lots of veggies to keep you full. Never underestimate the power of vegetables on a diet

Good luck

CC

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Calculate your TDEE and report back...

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends a lot on how dedicated you are. I know personally I'm dedicated as **** and sometimes even over do the diet. Everyone's differenct, if your dedication (especially in the long run) is lacking just do simple substitution drink more water and do more cardio.

Now if you're serious id do 1 g of carbs per lb of body weight, 1.2 g or + of protein per lb of body weight and keep fats to a minimum. I usually hit somewhere around 30-40 grams a day. But if say keep it under 60.

No or little processes foods and the only sugars you're gonna want are those you get from fruit. I like to hit my fruit in my mid day snacks as the sugar helps perk me up.

5 meals a day
~2200 calories
3 days of cardio at 30 minutes minimum
(Preferably 4 at 30-50)
4 days of strength training
Fish oils
Creatine (yes creatine that "bloat" is just an excuse fat people make, creatine will keep your muscles hydrated and full and spare muscle wasting)
Multivitamin
Lots and lots of veggies to keep you full. Never underestimate the power of vegetables on a diet

Good luck

CC
One thing about me....when I commit to something I stick to it..... Commitment is a huge principle in life that I have learned over the years... So yeah CC I'm committed...
Thanks for the help with the post.... 6 % bf?? Wth?? Lol not sure I'll ever see those numbers but looking at some of your posts I'll trust your advice. As far as my diet goes I'm not too far off from what you proposed..... Probably could substitute some of my 2-3 servings of fruit
for veggies (man fruit just tastes better lol). The only processed food I eat is canned tuna. I do have some questions.... As for fats what kind do you find best (particular foods)? Do you carb up on workout days? If so how much? As for the creatine it DOES make me bloat.... My diet may have something to do with it seeing how when I take creatine I'm usually bulking. @ 36 yrs old I have built a pretty good foundation of muscle that I don't believe would just "fall off" but I do have some creatine so I will see how I react while cutting. .... This morning upped my cardio to 30 minutes...... Any more advice???? Thanks

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Calculate your TDEE and report back...
TDEE is 2669..... The calculator reccommended cutting down to 1882??? WTH that seems like a lot to cut out? I think CCs recommended 2200 sounds about right? That's about -500

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
that's a good starting point .. you can drop your calories a bit if u stall out. whats your protein intake look like?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
TDEE is 2669..... The calculator reccommended cutting down to 1882??? WTH that seems like a lot to cut out? I think CCs recommended 2200 sounds about right? That's about -500
Don't go below 2200 starting out. I think the 1883 is prob standard without exercise I mean I'm losing weight and eating 1700 a day so that would make too much sense. Best to lose slow with higher cal and maintain muscle!

I like to do 2 tablespoons of peanut butter and fish oils to get my days in.

Also eat your veggies! May suck but it will keep you much much more full and the extra fiber will help your digestive tract with all that protein you're eating!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Its better to, at a certain point, increase expidenture and maintain adequate cals..

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
that's a good starting point .. you can drop your calories a bit if u stall out. whats your protein intake look like?
I try and keep my protein around 200 g. Should I up my reg protein intake slightly or leave it alone?

Thanks for all the insight I got some good help from this post..... Got on the scale this morning after the gym and down to 199 from 205 over the past 2 weeks. Wonder where my BF % is right now..... What's the best way to get a read?

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
I try and keep my protein around 200 g. Should I up my reg protein intake slightly or leave it alone?

Thanks for all the insight I got some good help from this post..... Got on the scale this morning after the gym and down to 199 from 205 over the past 2 weeks. Wonder where my BF % is right now..... What's the best way to get a read?
Calipers. Tried and true.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as you stall out on your weight loss you can add more protein and cut a few carbs out in exchange. you can try some of the great blended proteins out there but of course I recommend iForce protean. after about 6:30 you can cut out all carbs and follow the no carb route until a 10am meal the following day. that should help your results along as well.
you should ask at your gym if they can test your bodyfat. usually they will charge you around 10 bucks. you can get some of those cheaper home calipers too that u can test yourself with. they are not all too accurate but they can certainly be used to track your progress.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
as you stall out on your weight loss you can add more protein and cut a few carbs out in exchange. you can try some of the great blended proteins out there but of course I recommend iForce protean. after about 6:30 you can cut out all carbs and follow the no carb route until a 10am meal the following day. that should help your results along as well.
you should ask at your gym if they can test your bodyfat. usually they will charge you around 10 bucks. you can get some of those cheaper home calipers too that u can test yourself with. they are not all too accurate but they can certainly be used to track your progress.
My gym does it for free, they'll try and sell you on training but free nonetheless haha

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
My gym does it for free, they'll try and sell you on training but free nonetheless haha
LOL they try to sell you on training? Thats funny! Only say that becuase no trainer at any chain gym I have been to looks nearly as good as you do.

Sorry for the side chat on that, but it is funny.

crispycrown

crispycrown

Awards
LOL they try to sell you on training? Thats funny! Only say that becuase no trainer at any chain gym I have been to looks nearly as good as you do.

Sorry for the side chat on that, but it is funny.
Haha yeah I mean it's a good sales tactic to bring people in, our sales director is dope and always brings people in.

And thanks brother! Haha practice what you preach amiright? Always hungry to perfect myself

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dropping weight and gettin stronger? Heavy weight not increasing but reps are for sure. That's the sh**..... WOW I think the diet is working well for me. Now I got some good advice if I stall out also. Thanks for the help
As far as testing at my gym lol..... I don't think so there the "judgement free zone" and don't even have a scale..... Wth?? Got the membership about 5 mos ago bc it was CHEAP and I'm locked in a year commitment that I'm gonna get out of when it's up.... Gonna have to find somewhere that can check..... I believe I'm making good progress in the last 2+ weeks and may be close to if not under 15%....

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Haha yeah I mean it's a good sales tactic to bring people in, our sales director is dope and always brings people in.

And thanks brother! Haha practice what you preach amiright? Always hungry to perfect myself
Exactly!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dropping weight and gettin stronger? Heavy weight not increasing but reps are for sure. That's the sh**..... WOW I think the diet is working well for me. Now I got some good advice if I stall out also. Thanks for the help
As far as testing at my gym lol..... I don't think so there the "judgement free zone" and don't even have a scale..... Wth?? Got the membership about 5 mos ago bc it was CHEAP and I'm locked in a year commitment that I'm gonna get out of when it's up.... Gonna have to find somewhere that can check..... I believe I'm making good progress in the last 2+ weeks and may be close to if not under 15%....
good to hear! now be sure and let us know what you think of any iForce products you may end up using. we believe in our products and are sure you will love them as well!

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
if you are trying to cut I would recommend carb cycling and a good fat burner ( Dexaprine XR) before AM Fasted cardio for a hour. I prefer the stair mill for a hour.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
I would also try a quality Blended Protein such as iForce Red Velvet Protean! Good quality and taste good as well!

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Since you have already calculated your TDEE the best thing for you to do is to stick to that number and continue to decrease your caloric intake as needed. Another option is the EC stack or another supplement such as Dexaprine XR.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you are trying to cut I would recommend carb cycling and a good fat burner ( Dexaprine XR) before AM Fasted cardio for a hour. I prefer the stair mill for a hour.
good to hear! now be sure and let us know what you think of any iForce products you may end up using. we believe in our products and are sure you will love them as well!
Yeah I hear good things about dexaprine, I'm currently using alphamine. I would def like to try it, as well as Conquer and Hemavol.... All products I've heard awesome things about.... If I could only get my hands on some samples ;-)
Oh yeah I also started doing cardio on empty in the morning... Right now I'm at 30 min cardio 3-4 days and will up the minutes when I start to stall out.....

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Do you enjoy doing empty stomach cardio? I only ask because I am not a fan of it. I would rather do some HIIT after weight training for 15-20min and call that good doing that every day. Plus since you will be weight training and looking to take some conquer and hemavol, should also add in Compete! I love this stuff and only during contest prep will I mix up a 2000mL jug of Compete+BCAA and go on a walk first thing in the morning. Otherwise I take Compete during my HIIT training sessions. Just something I do.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you enjoy doing empty stomach cardio? I only ask because I am not a fan of it. I would rather do some HIIT after weight training for 15-20min and call that good doing that every day. Plus since you will be weight training and looking to take some conquer and hemavol, should also add in Compete! I love this stuff and only during contest prep will I mix up a 2000mL jug of Compete+BCAA and go on a walk first thing in the morning. Otherwise I take Compete during my HIIT training sessions. Just something I do.
I do like it.... Cardio is not my favorite but I like first thing on non-workout days..... It seems to be very effective at burning fat for me personally.... I also do some pre-workout some days. I have never heard of compete, but I'm gonna check out the profile and see if it is something I would be interested in.... I have never used any I-force products but hopefully that will change soon..... Love me some supplements lol

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I do like it.... Cardio is not my favorite but I like first thing on non-workout days..... It seems to be very effective at burning fat for me personally.... I also do some pre-workout some days. I have never heard of compete, but I'm gonna check out the profile and see if it is something I would be interested in.... I have never used any I-force products but hopefully that will change soon..... Love me some supplements lol
Don't we all. Well if you have any questions on any of tye products let me know.

LivingStrongE

Awards
Dexaprine XR has helped me my entire cutting stage of my contest prep and it has worked. I hate cardio to brother and I do it 6 days a week about 1hr and 10 mins. 40 mins at 5am and then 30 mins in the p.m. Make sure your diet is on point. If you don't have your diet established then everything else in the gym will be a waste. But like I said I hate cardio lol but it has to be done.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dexaprine XR has helped me my entire cutting stage of my contest prep and it has worked. I hate cardio to brother and I do it 6 days a week about 1hr and 10 mins. 40 mins at 5am and then 30 mins in the p.m. Make sure your diet is on point. If you don't have your diet established then everything else in the gym will be a waste. But like I said I hate cardio lol but it has to be done.

Yeah dialin in the diet.... That's what I'm tryin to do... Takes some serious discipline but I'm up for it.... Bro you hit some serious cardio

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 25
Supplements 29
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1