Majority of daily kcals from protein...

JMFitch

Awards
I've realized that it seems my diet is consisting of a majority of protein..I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle to get very lean like I once was. I've been alternating lifting days with cardio. 2 hiit sessions, 1 aerobic cardio, and 4 lifting sessions per week. Legs, chest, back/bis, shoulders/tris. Lots of Olympic lifting...weekly I include front squats, back squats, dead lifts, RDL, overhead press, bench press, incline bench, pull ups, etc.

My diet often consists of:
Meal 1: egg white omelet with 1 full egg mixed in, all the vegetables in the fridge, sometimes half an avocado, and a bunch of lean ham

Meal 2: ground turkey patty or can of tuna, apple

Meal 3: 25 almonds or so, lots of mixed vegetables, chicken breast

Meal 4: post workout 100% whey protein shake, piece of fruit

Meal 5: 2 chicken breasts, mixed green salad, sometimes half of a sweet potato

Am I eating too much protein, or not enough fats for losing weight? Please let me know what you think.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hard to tell without seeing the macronutrient breakdown but at a glance it appears that you are not eating enough fats and under eating by quite a bit. Calculate your TDEE (google TDEE calculator) and consume 500kcals less than that :)

JMFitch

Awards
Thanks man. I had a good amount of more mixed nuts today than usual and enjoyed my best workout in a while.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Yeah without a doubt I would increase fat intake and if your able to add carbs around your workout only. Maybe instead of a whey shake switch to an isolate.

LivingStrongE

Awards
Yeah without a doubt I would increase fat intake and if your able to add carbs around your workout only. Maybe instead of a whey shake switch to an isolate.
This. Increase your fats a bit it seems like you are lacking in that area but you kind of have a good idea what a decent meal plan should be. I usually add two-three shakes throughout my day but that's me. If you ever get a chance try Isotean, which is lean and if you want to you can always add a scoop of virtago for carbs.

braxbrah

Awards
Hard to tell without seeing the macronutrient breakdown but at a glance it appears that you are not eating enough fats and under eating by quite a bit. Calculate your TDEE (google TDEE calculator) and consume 500kcals less than that :)
This, you need need to be recording everything. How many grams of carbs/fats? how many grams protein? You need to record EVERYTHING..then you cannot argue with the results.