weight loss info for a short endomorph male body type

Adamc1blue

Awards
I'm 26 years old, 5'4 and 195 lbs. I'd say my BF% is around high 20's or even the low 30's. I want to be 160 again like i was a few years ago. my stomach is hard when i flex but its sticks out bad. i want that more sunk in stomach. ( i know that might be hard to do with my genetics.) I have been lifting for 6 years off and on but lifting steady for the last 8 months. My legs are very thick but not fat. My arms are decent but i have fat on the most common place, my stomach and chest. My diet has been very clean for the last 3 months but i've only lost about 3lbs. I would say that im an endomorph because i can bulk up very easy but the fat comes on easy and has always been hard to lose. Ive been on a 40/40/20 macro spilt but i feel thats too high for my carbs. I want to try my first cycle of test but ive been doing research for a few months and im seeing that its not a good idea when you have a higher body fat percentage. I try to do 20-30 min low intensity cardio after all my workouts. I havent tried high intersity or intervals or sprints. If i need to start let me know.

Mon- chest and tris
Tue - Back and bis
wed- off
thur- legs
fri- shoulders
weekend off

My daily calorie goal is 1800 at a 40/40/20. I have 1 cheat meal a week but i can cut that out if i need to.

My diet looks like this most days:

Breakfast - Oatmel with blueberries and rasberries and protein shake
midmoring - greek yougurt with fruit already in it. ( thats prob something i need to cut out)
Lunch- crockpot chicken breast cooked in salsa and some brown rice
mid afternoon snack - either protein shake and banana or greek yogurt
preworkout - protein shake and creatine 5grams of monohydrate ( ive been on creatine for the lasdt couple of months so that might explain some of the lack of lbs lost due to water weight)
postworkout - Protein shake and creatine 5grams
dinner - crockpot chicken breast cooked in salsa with steamed broccoli

Ive been eating that way for almost 3 months straight but im not seeing any more weight loss. i may need to cut my calories or keep them the same and cut some carbs and up healthy fats a little. I dont feel like i have a thyroid problem i just feel like im not doing this right.

Supplements that i take are:
Preworkout
protein shakes Trutein and Celloucor
german creapure creatine monohydrate
BCAA tablets
Green tea extract
multi vitamin

Im not currently taking a fat buner becaues i would like to lose as much of it as i can on my own but if its recommended i will try again. i took oxy elite pro by USPlabs ( the old formula) it seemed to work but soon as i stopped taking it i swole back up with water weight and fat. Ive been reading about the ECA stack but is that safe to do with low and/or high intesity cardio? And like i said i know that i cant get on test right now and lose weight.

I know when you get older your metabolism can go to crap and i ate like crap for a couple years. i have always worked hard labor until last year when i got a desk job and thats when i gained the 35lbs of fat. I know that its going to take a long time getting that off. I know that i cant just jump on a cycle of gear and get ripped easy. Im prepared for hard work and a stricter diet. Im wanting to know if there are any shorter guys like me that can help approach this because ive been doing research and i feel like im doing something wrong. I still consider myself a noob but like i said i understand that realisticlly this is going to be hard work so im ready to hear what i need to. I do want to get on my first cycle soon as i can. Thanks!

howwedo107

howwedo107

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1800 is pretty low for your weight, try carb cycling it helps more for ppl with our body types and change your cheat meal to 1 day every 2 weeks and do 15 mins cardio post workout it always made a huge difference for me and we are the same body type....if you are interested in a fat burner PNI makes thermadex it control appetite and seems to help with water weight to a point....but diet is your key...like. I said carb cycling will help google it and try different ways until you find what works best for you but starting at 1800 cals seems low for your weight bro.

Adamc1blue

Awards
Thanks man! that makes since. i will def check out carb cycling and that fat burner.

jgaz18

jgaz18

Awards
Your body adapts to low intensity cardio after a while! A lot of people that never achieve goals do low intensity cardio bc it's easy! Getting ripped is not easy! I've dropped 65 lbs but doing HIIT! I get on the dreadmill for 25 mins start at 6 mph for 1 minute the. 8 mph for 1 minute until I get to 25 mins! I also do a 10 mile run on Saturdays! I have 1 cheat meal a day

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
everyone will tell you something different, bottom line is clean up your diet and figure out a healthy range of calories to lose weight. at your body fat percentages you can easily lose 2 pounds a week....

1800 calories a day is too low with the amount of expidenture you're doing....

Adamc1blue

Awards
thanks guys! im def gonna start doing some HIIT and up my calories to a cleaner diet.

crgsander

Awards
Do you log your food everyday? If not, you are probably eating more than you realize.

Adamc1blue

Awards
i need to start doing that. i have a buddy at work who types a log of his diet and workout everyday and has kept up with it the last 6 months

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Logging food will definitely help you get a good grasp on what your intake is and then you can adjust from there.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I just posted this in another similar thread..
keto diets for endos are the best route imo.
I like to add a good fat burner and some quality carnitines.. (L /PL)
I also like to stack thyroid support with my fb.
a good stack would be dexaprine and tt-33
stick to primarily fats for your dietary intake.. upto 65% of your intake.. the rest can be protein. obviously you wont be able to avoid all carbs but try to keep them as trace intake. coconut oil will help you maintain good energy even when u hit those low calorie numbers u posted.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
I always go with HIIT if I want to burn fat rapidly and I add Dexaprine XR (stim) and TT-33 (non-stim). Like they said above 1800 calories is very low, I cut at around 3200 and I am 5'9 220. Although I live a very active lifestyle and with the amount of lifting I do that has a lot to do with it. That being said 1800 is still probably too low otherwise you will have muscle loss in conjunction with fat loss.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
Save your $ and pass on supplements. Learn how to do it on your own. Not like some OTC supplements will do much anyways... You could buy all the supplements in the world and still fail your goal if your diet isn't in order.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
1st we need to get your diet in check. Carb cycling I have found works best for a lot of my clients in bringing in a better body composition, with not caring about weight. Creatine water weight is going to stay the same regardless of your diet, so I wouldn’t worry about that. What will adjust if you are worried about weight is your sodium and water intake. If that varies throughout the day so will your weight. So again get that diet in check and you will see that scale change. Though I don’t advise going by the scale to see how you are doing. Along with your diet I would exchange out your mid afternoon snack with whole food instead of protein shake. Everyone’s schedule is different I realize, but if it is something you are able to do I would try to do that. Your post workout protein shake I would opt for a whey isolate. I like to use iForce Isotean when cutting down for a contest since it only has 3g of carbs. This way if I am on my low, medium or high carb day it fits right in and it is almost a bonus when I can add some extra carbs to my post workout meal after the shake. If you decided to opt for a fat burner I am a big fan of Dexaprine. I used it for my last two contests and leaned down a lot, plus it helps to suppress that appetite.

Hope this helps.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
1st thing is diet diet diet!
2nd = morning fasted cardio for 35min-hr... I prefer the stepmill!
3= drink tons of water (a gallon a day)
4= throw in a good fat burner such as iForce Dexaprine-XR to shed a few few extra pounds and curb your appetite.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm 26 years old, 5'4 and 195 lbs. I'd say my BF% is around high 20's or even the low 30's. I want to be 160 again like i was a few years ago. my stomach is hard when i flex but its sticks out bad. i want that more sunk in stomach. ( i know that might be hard to do with my genetics.) I have been lifting for 6 years off and on but lifting steady for the last 8 months. My legs are very thick but not fat. My arms are decent but i have fat on the most common place, my stomach and chest. My diet has been very clean for the last 3 months but i've only lost about 3lbs. I would say that im an endomorph because i can bulk up very easy but the fat comes on easy and has always been hard to lose. Ive been on a 40/40/20 macro spilt but i feel thats too high for my carbs. I want to try my first cycle of test but ive been doing research for a few months and im seeing that its not a good idea when you have a higher body fat percentage. I try to do 20-30 min low intensity cardio after all my workouts. I havent tried high intersity or intervals or sprints. If i need to start let me know.

Mon- chest and tris
Tue - Back and bis
wed- off
thur- legs
fri- shoulders
weekend off

My daily calorie goal is 1800 at a 40/40/20. I have 1 cheat meal a week but i can cut that out if i need to.

My diet looks like this most days:

Breakfast - Oatmel with blueberries and rasberries and protein shake
midmoring - greek yougurt with fruit already in it. ( thats prob something i need to cut out)
Lunch- crockpot chicken breast cooked in salsa and some brown rice
mid afternoon snack - either protein shake and banana or greek yogurt
preworkout - protein shake and creatine 5grams of monohydrate ( ive been on creatine for the lasdt couple of months so that might explain some of the lack of lbs lost due to water weight)
postworkout - Protein shake and creatine 5grams
dinner - crockpot chicken breast cooked in salsa with steamed broccoli

Ive been eating that way for almost 3 months straight but im not seeing any more weight loss. i may need to cut my calories or keep them the same and cut some carbs and up healthy fats a little. I dont feel like i have a thyroid problem i just feel like im not doing this right.

Supplements that i take are:
Preworkout
protein shakes Trutein and Celloucor
german creapure creatine monohydrate
BCAA tablets
Green tea extract
multi vitamin

Im not currently taking a fat buner becaues i would like to lose as much of it as i can on my own but if its recommended i will try again. i took oxy elite pro by USPlabs ( the old formula) it seemed to work but soon as i stopped taking it i swole back up with water weight and fat. Ive been reading about the ECA stack but is that safe to do with low and/or high intesity cardio? And like i said i know that i cant get on test right now and lose weight.

I know when you get older your metabolism can go to crap and i ate like crap for a couple years. i have always worked hard labor until last year when i got a desk job and thats when i gained the 35lbs of fat. I know that its going to take a long time getting that off. I know that i cant just jump on a cycle of gear and get ripped easy. Im prepared for hard work and a stricter diet. Im wanting to know if there are any shorter guys like me that can help approach this because ive been doing research and i feel like im doing something wrong. I still consider myself a noob but like i said i understand that realisticlly this is going to be hard work so im ready to hear what i need to. I do want to get on my first cycle soon as i can. Thanks!
You need to calculate your TDEE based on your current body stats and activity level. Your calories are far too low.

Also, forget about arbitrary percentages for macros. Figure out the TDEE, set a goal for caloric intake, then figure out your macros by hitting your minimums for Protein and fats and fill in the other calories however you want.

You want a minimum of .82 g of Protein per pound of bodyweight, and .45 g of Fat per pound of bodyweight.

Also, forget about the "clean" food idea. No such thing.

Adamc1blue

Awards
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Quick update. I went to the Dr for my yearly physical and they found through my blood work that i have Low Testostrone. Im suppose to be starting Testostrone Replacement Therapy. They said that was another factor in me not being able to lose weight. i did up my calories to 2400 and im Carb cycling right now until i get down to a platuea then i would like to try Keto or Paleo.

Do any of you have Low T or know anything about how that could affect me positively or negatively