Cut to Recomp Questions

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
Hey guys,

I will be finishing a cut in a few weeks and will be recomping thereafter. Now my question is in recalculating my macros. Do I calculate my recomp macros from the finishing weight after the cut? Or what? It seems like calculating them from the pre-cut weight would just undo the process. Idk, help would be greatly appreciated there.

Thanks, Ryan

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add somewhere from 50-100 cals a week in the form of carbs. If you are gaining too much, do not add any cals for that week. That is what I do, personally.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey guys,

I will be finishing a cut in a few weeks and will be recomping thereafter. Now my question is in recalculating my macros. Do I calculate my recomp macros from the finishing weight after the cut? Or what? It seems like calculating them from the pre-cut weight would just undo the process. Idk, help would be greatly appreciated there.

Thanks, Ryan
I agree with Ant. Reverse dieting FTW. Also, calculate your new macros based on your new weight.

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
Thanks guys, that sounds like a very logical course of action.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slowly add calories.

I recommend metabolic powder post work out 20 min before a meal and dinner.

It'll keep the focus on fatty acid oxidation and carb storage. It'll also waste some calories

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Slowly add calories.

I recommend metabolic powder post work out 20 min before a meal and dinner.

It'll keep the focus on fatty acid oxidation and carb storage. It'll also waste some calories
Or you can add metabolic powder to your meal. It's fairly tasteless

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great thread I plan to do the same thing. Im going to start adding in calories, on off days eat below maintaincne. Eat 50% of total carb intake pre/post work out, use HIIT 3x a week and keep the diet in check. Also calculate tdee based on new weight.