Ketosis and sleep.

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. have you tried any of the other common simple supplements like melatonin or zinc prebed? the 5htp can help, but melatonin is more direct.

2. No I haven't tried anything - ill try the carb thing then melatonin if the problem persists. Thanks for your input.
    •   

3. interesting thread, im on im on the same diet to lose last remaining fat, my sleeping patterns are **** aswell. what i noticed is my hands and feet felt cold alot of times i think its got to do with thyroid and metabolism slow down so i increased my carbs and felt better.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Sulor32 View Post
    interesting thread, im on im on the same diet to lose last remaining fat, my sleeping patterns are **** aswell. what i noticed is my hands and feet felt cold alot of times i think its got to do with thyroid and metabolism slow down so i increased my carbs and felt better.
    Yeah I felt amazing on this diet and it amazing results also but I don't think I was doing
    The carb ups correctly which caused my sleep to get disrupted -

Just wondering what the thoughts are on
    Post workout shakes? Would you of would you not have some carbs in your post workout shake to prevent muscle breakdown?

I didn't add carbs post workout as I thought it would disrupt the ketosis however it felt wrong.

5. What did your carb ups look like?
    •   

6. To be honest you could hardly call them a carb up -

I basically just had a cheat meal for lunch and dinner on saturdays which had more carbs in them.

I do know how to do a better carb up - just didn't put much effort into it at that stage.

Just curious about using carbs post workout to prevent muscle breakdown or do you not have carbs post workout as you'll disrupt ketosis?

7. I am not doing the keto diet anymore just working on getting more calories into my diet to
    Get some muscle gains. Was eating far too little for too long....

Keto was by far the best diet I've used to get lean.

8. Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree
    To be honest you could hardly call them a carb up -

I basically just had a cheat meal for lunch and dinner on saturdays which had more carbs in them.

I do know how to do a better carb up - just didn't put much effort into it at that stage.

Just curious about using carbs post workout to prevent muscle breakdown or do you not have carbs post workout as you'll disrupt ketosis?
    Ya that was probably the issue. Not enough carbs to really replenish glycogen stores. Plus sounds like you possibly didn't eat enough period.

You could do post workout carb shakes plus 1 meal with carbs. Might not be as effective at getting lean but should help build muscle. Basically what I have been doing.

9. Yeah I've just upped my calories and am using simple carbs around training times - feeling pretty good

But technically in a keto diet when getting
    Lean is your goal you'd skip on the carbs til your carb up days. Different things for different goals

10. Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree
    Yeah I've just upped my calories and am using simple carbs around training times - feeling pretty good

But technically in a keto diet when getting
    Lean is your goal you'd skip on the carbs til your carb up days. Different things for different goals
    Unless you are trying to do it all at once

11. Haha true that!

12. Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree
    Haha true that!
    Also you have to feast on those carb up days :cough: haha.

13. Haha well I'm just doing a good clean diet now with carbs pre and post workout so I'm pretty safe

14. 25g of carbs a day is mandatory you take at least Magnesium + Zinc + Selenium.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testosterone and sleep?
    By spinn in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-08-2006, 08:05 PM
  2. Ephedrine and sleeping prob
    By machinehead23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-03-2006, 08:36 AM
  3. CPAP and sleep apnea
    By utk1976 in forum General Chat