2300 calories at 290 lbs... Seems toooo low...

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. 2300 calories at 290 lbs... Seems toooo low...


    i went to a highly respected bb'ing prep coach in the area... He put me on a diet of 2234 cals a day...

    % from Protein: 65.2
    % from Carbohydrates: 26.1
    % from Fat: 8.7


    i am around 290 lbs at 19%bf...

    This seems super low to me, plus i am doing cardio every morning and weights 5 nights a week...


  2. I dont know what your goal is or how long you have been dieting. Assuming you are not going to compete on a BB stage in the near future I think your fat is too low.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    I dont know what your goal is or how long you have been dieting. Assuming you are not going to compete on a BB stage in the near future I think your fat is too low.

    just trying to lean up for the time being, just thought that 2300 calories felt really low.... Just started the diet...
    •   
       


  4. Is 19% an accurate bf%?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  5. I feel like you'd be throwing your body into starvation mode but nutrition isnt my strong suite
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  6. Age and height? That has a lot to do with it. Then again, I'm gaining weight at 26-2800 calories a day and I'm 19.

    Did they do a RMR/BMR test? Or is he just going off a calculator? I'll be honest, for me, I cut well at 1800-2000 calories.
    I'm just trying to bring sexy back.

  7. If you paid for his services, he should be more than willing to explain his rationale - that's what he's there for as a coach.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  8. Do you know how many calories you have been eating? Did you track you calories for a week or two prior and provide your coach that information?

  9. I would say fack that noise just from seeing the low fat alone.

    Edit: that is 22 grams of fat a day.

  10. 6'2", 35ys old...

    the 19%bf was form being calipered (6 sites)...

    Training off an on again since 18 yrs of age...

    I will ask him this weekend... This is the first 2 weeks of the diet, maybe he will boost me up a bit after this next session.

  11. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    Do you know how many calories you have been eating? Did you track you calories for a week or two prior and provide your coach that information?
    I have just been eating all un processed foods prior to this... Came down from 315 and 35% bf...

  12. Quote Originally Posted by DipStrong View Post
    Age and height? That has a lot to do with it. Then again, I'm gaining weight at 26-2800 calories a day and I'm 19.

    Did they do a RMR/BMR test? Or is he just going off a calculator? I'll be honest, for me, I cut well at 1800-2000 calories.
    35, 6'2"

  13. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I have just been eating all un processed foods prior to this... Came down from 315 and 35% bf...
    This is why I ask about your current bf% being accurate. If you lost 25#, but somehow reduced your bf% by 16%, you would've gained roughly 35# of muscle in the same time period (if my math is right). Your numbers aren't adding up.

    The reason I ask is; if you're @ 290 w/25-27% bf, then I think your calories are probably about right, but I'd agree that the fat is WAY low. Cals might be a little on the low side, but likely not by more than 250-300.

    I'm about 285, probably 25% bf, 37 years old and I eat around 2500 cals/day to maintain then add exercise to get into caloric deficit.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    I would say fack that noise just from seeing the low fat alone.

    Edit: that is 22 grams of fat a day.
    Agreed. 357g protein and 22g fat is no bueno IMHO. All that protein isn't necessary, and that little fat is preposterous.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  15. Without having a baseline to start with I think your caloric intake might be a bit low initially, but you have to start somewhere. Maybe upon a re-evaluation you might get bumped up a bit. If you were much farther along in your diet then the caloric intake might be a better place to be, but as I said initially I think it might be bit low. If the guy is well respected I'm sure he has a method he likes to follow.

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Agreed. 357g protein and 22g fat is no bueno IMHO. All that protein isn't necessary, and that little fat is preposterous.
    Ya I have that much fat in 1 of my 2 cups of coffee. Dietary fat is not the enemy.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawk88 View Post
    Ya I have that much fat in 1 of my 2 cups of coffee. Dietary fat is not the enemy.
    If you like testosterone and other lipid soluble hormones, fat is your friend!
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    If you like testosterone and other lipid soluble hormones, fat is your friend!
    And your brain shorty!

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    This is why I ask about your current bf% being accurate. If you lost 25#, but somehow reduced your bf% by 16%, you would've gained roughly 35# of muscle in the same time period (if my math is right). Your numbers aren't adding up.

    The reason I ask is; if you're @ 290 w/25-27% bf, then I think your calories are probably about right, but I'd agree that the fat is WAY low. Cals might be a little on the low side, but likely not by more than 250-300.

    I'm about 285, probably 25% bf, 37 years old and I eat around 2500 cals/day to maintain then add exercise to get into caloric deficit.
    I have been getting some hormonal help along the way... Bench is over 405, squat and dead over 500, The 19% is calipered (not bodpod)...

  20. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    I have been getting some hormonal help along the way... Bench is over 405, squat and dead over 500, The 19% is calipered (not bodpod)...
    I'm still not saying you added that much muscle. You're similar to me in size, age & strength; I in just saying based on the info supplied by YOU, your math is suspect. Maybe you did add 35# of muscle, and if you're taking AAS then 2300 cal is not enough.

    Post some pics & vids, let us assess and guide.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    This is why I ask about your current bf% being accurate. If you lost 25#, but somehow reduced your bf% by 16%, you would've gained roughly 35# of muscle in the same time period (if my math is right). Your numbers aren't adding up.

    The reason I ask is; if you're @ 290 w/25-27% bf, then I think your calories are probably about right, but I'd agree that the fat is WAY low. Cals might be a little on the low side, but likely not by more than 250-300.

    I'm about 285, probably 25% bf, 37 years old and I eat around 2500 cals/day to maintain then add exercise to get into caloric deficit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm still not saying you added that much muscle. You're similar to me in size, age & strength; I in just saying based on the info supplied by YOU, your math is suspect. Maybe you did add 35# of muscle, and if you're taking AAS then 2300 cal is not enough.

    Post some pics & vids, let us assess and guide.
    this was 2 weeks ago, getting new pics tomorrow for progress....

    Name:  gcme.png
Views: 276
Size:  435.1 KB

  22. Yeah dude I'll eat my words, you're not 25%, so I'm the *******.

    Given your physique and other info, I'd def say 2300 is too low. You can't be recovering worth a shyt, are you?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    I'm still not saying you added that much muscle. You're similar to me in size, age & strength; I in just saying based on the info supplied by YOU, your math is suspect. Maybe you did add 35# of muscle, and if you're taking AAS then 2300 cal is not enough.

    Post some pics & vids, let us assess and guide.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Yeah dude I'll eat my words, you're not 25%, so I'm the *******.

    Given your physique and other info, I'd def say 2300 is too low. You can't be recovering worth a shyt, are you?

    i have never bought into the 5 meals a day thing, and i switched over to it and i feel amazing... I am allowed to cheat on sunday... And i probably have been getting closer to 2600 on gym days. its super clean food (talapia, brown rice) so its kind of alot of food..

    Its only been 2 weeks, i lost a bit of strenght towards the last of 5 sets but everything else has been great.

    i am going to sneak in some coconut oil with my protein shakes to increase the fats...

  24. That does seem low your maintanence cals are like 3300 or more? You usually start at a 400- 600 cal deficit when u cut that many calories you you run the risk of losing muscle. I eat 2450 cal on a cut diet in I'm 220.

    Name:  ForumRunner_20130616_084557.png
Views: 254
Size:  428.8 KB

  25. Coconut oil is a choice. Personally I prefer to chew calories when cutting vs. drinking them so I would also consider walnuts, a couple brazil nuts, and almonds.

  26. Sub'd
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)

  27. At 2300 cals I would lose a lot of mass and at least 15 pounds so idk

  28. Got my 2 week results in. lost 27 lbs and almost 4 percent calipered. We measured my arms and legs before and the measurements stayed about the same (when down a hair)...

    He did increase my fats now... I am getting an extra 2 tablespoons of coconut water a day.

    Coach was flabbergasted at the body fat % drop. I told him about the HIIT and he wants to come in and watch me do it this week (he is a hiit skeptic)...

    We are adding some carbs to weight workout days as well because i am a tad weak towards the latter sets...

  29. i should preface the 27 pounds thing, i visited him the day after a carb up so there is probably a butload of water in there, i can dump/add 12+ pounds of water easy in a few days...

  30. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    Coconut oil is a choice. Personally I prefer to chew calories when cutting vs. drinking them so I would also consider walnuts, a couple brazil nuts, and almonds.
    will have to snag some almonds.... Love em...

  31. Any updates?
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)

  32. Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear

  33. Quote Originally Posted by adidas999 View Post
    That does seem low your maintanence cals are like 3300 or more? You usually start at a 400- 600 cal deficit when u cut that many calories you you run the risk of losing muscle. I eat 2450 cal on a cut diet in I'm 220.

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=82 788"/>
    My maintenance cals is 2900 and I'm 165

  34. Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation

  35. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation
    I was definitely holding a ton of water, was eating pretty free trying to set some Deadlift and squat PRs... Lost no measurements off my arms or legs....

  36. Quote Originally Posted by FireRescue View Post
    At 290lbs a guy can carry a ton of water. Shoot I have even seen sub 200 guys manipulate water to gain/lose 10-15 pounds in a two day period. Agreed though, 27lbs in 2 weeks is a lot assuming water manupliation was not part of the equation
    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    My maintenance cals is 2900 and I'm 165
    Quote Originally Posted by JD261985 View Post
    Wait 27 pound loss in 2 weeks and you kept your mass?? That is impossible unless youre using some pretty serious gear
    Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride View Post
    Any updates?
    could not log in for a few.. I am right around 260, getting measured and calipered this week.. up to about 2800 calories a day... Coach had me aggressive
    in the beginning because i was carrying so much chub...

  37. Ok, Im glad its paying off for ya man lol. An extra 500cal goes a long ways lol
    Olympus Labs Forum Rep
    Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
    Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/

  38. Quote Originally Posted by TheMovement View Post
    Ok, Im glad its paying off for ya man lol. An extra 500cal goes a long ways lol
    and i am using coconut oil to get it... couple tbs in your blender with ice and chocolate peanut butter cup trutein.... wooo hooo...

  39. Quote Originally Posted by huggy77 View Post
    and i am using coconut oil to get it... couple tbs in your blender with ice and chocolate peanut butter cup trutein.... wooo hooo...
    How does the PB compare to cinnabun?? CB is so good I order it every time.

    And how's the transformation coming along?? I think you might be beating me! 20+lb loss?! Beast.
    Squats do a booty good.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by gokix811 View Post
    How does the PB compare to cinnabun?? CB is so good I order it every time.

    And how's the transformation coming along?? I think you might be beating me! 20+lb loss?! Beast.
    chocolate peanut butter cup might be better....atleast equally good...

    Transormation is going good... averaging 10 workouts (am and pm) every 7 days...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Why is my bench press stuck at 195 lbs?!?!
    By Benzino in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-16-2009, 05:13 PM
  2. my quest for high school 1000 lb club! at 175 lbs.
    By 84bandit in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
  3. M1T at low dose two week cycle
    By Warhead_321 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 05:28 PM
  4. seems i am at that limit.. or possibly stress
    By LakeMountD in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 06:38 AM
Log in
Log in