23yo girl wants a 6pack - help!

Page 5 of 8 First ... 34567 ... Last

  1. Grrrr TEH you've scared off my favourite advisor. Your attitude and ego sucks!


  2. Shared post from 'AnabolicMinds.com' by Dwight Schrute from thread 'Please Read!':

    This forum is for the discussion of weight loss and not the use of illegal or research products that are NOT legal for consumption. Take that elsewhere.
    •   
       


  3. Mod edit: read the rules

  4. Way to motivate someone.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree View Post
    Grrrr TEH you've scared off my favourite advisor. Your attitude and ego sucks!
    Shame, he (EBF_2356)is very helpful
    Hope u achieve all of your goals and dreams, pixie, don't let any negative people get in your way!
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post

    Yes, the mouse, to click "ban". Later.
    lol.... at least he got to 69 posts...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by pixiethree View Post
    Hey again - ill have a look into it.

    I had alot of blood work done recently which came back with high testosterone, slightly sluggish adrenals and thyroid and vit d deficient.

    Started taking vit d, iodine/selenium, magnesium and vit c....

    Will test again in a few months....
    What were your thyroid levels, and how did your bloodwork determine "slightly sluggish" adrenals?

  8. One way to spike your metabolism is refeeds. I suggest doing a refeed *adding 100 to 500 Cal's* once a week. This lets your body know there's plenty of fuel. Boost leptin, boost thyroid,ect ect. I hear a lot of "change your diet" in this thread. Why not just give the one you've been using a boost? Can come from carbs or w/e. Sense you're wanting ABS I suggest the refeed on a day you do ABS.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  9. There is nothing wrong with using Clen if one so choose's but that is a personal choice, now that being said you might look into 3,3 diiodo-l-thyronine it does not seem to cause as much suppression of the thyroid from anecdotal evidence and falls in the supplement realm instead of research chemicals. Thyrocaps by SNS I am a big proponent of thyroid hormones myself especial in a case like yours where you have been operating in a caloric deficit for so long. Serious Nutrition Solutions Thyrocaps (90 capsules): Discount Thyrocaps Supplements

    Also I may have missed it in this thread but carb cycling might be worth a try for you.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  10. Quote Originally Posted by TEH253 View Post
    Um if I'm touching rim at 5'8 what do you think?? Get your 10 1/2 body fat ass outta here lol
    Anyone else think touching rim meant he was tossing salad in prison?
    The Historic PES Legend

  11. Quote Originally Posted by DAdams91982 View Post

    Anyone else think touching rim meant he was tossing salad in prison?
    Rusty trombone.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  12. going to agree with those who recommended squats/deadlifts/standing presses/chins/bench, focus on progressive overload and strength while maintaining your body mass. Get your squats/deadlifts up to 1.5x body weight and you will be much leaner. You should be able to do this in a year. Remember a stronger muscle, is usually a bigger muscle. I recommend starting strength program.

    Also for macros I would say get in about 150g of high quality protein (animal sources or whey) spread evenly in approx 4-5 doses through the day, with about 3.5-4h between meals, and a minimum of approx 100g Carbs (white rice/sweet potatoes/potatoes) and about 40-50g Fats, keep measures weekly and adjust +/- 5-10g carbs /5g fat based on your results, (if losing weight increase to maintain it, if gaining a little bit then decrease it)

  13. Quote Originally Posted by Waterbottle45 View Post
    going to agree with those who recommended squats/deadlifts/standing presses/chins/bench, focus on progressive overload and strength while maintaining your body mass. Get your squats/deadlifts up to 1.5x body weight and you will be much leaner. You should be able to do this in a year. Remember a stronger muscle, is usually a bigger muscle. I recommend starting strength program.

    Also for macros I would say get in about 150g of high quality protein (animal sources or whey) spread evenly in approx 4-5 doses through the day, with about 3.5-4h between meals, and a minimum of approx 100g Carbs (white rice/sweet potatoes/potatoes) and about 40-50g Fats, keep measures weekly and adjust +/- 5-10g carbs /5g fat based on your results, (if losing weight increase to maintain it, if gaining a little bit then decrease it)
    Muscle strenght does not come with hypertrophy.
    *looks at monks that can pull a semi truck with there wangs in Ripley's believe it or not then realizes its all leg strenght and they have chicken legs*

    Strenght is mostly cns.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  14. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Muscle strenght does not come with hypertrophy.
    *looks at monks that can pull a semi truck with there wangs in Ripley's believe it or not then realizes its all leg strenght and they have chicken legs*
    But does wang strength equate to hypertrophy that is the real question?






















    Freaking ADHD sorry my bad..
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/229429-my-fat-mess.html

  15. Quote Originally Posted by harbonah View Post
    But does wang strength equate to hypertrophy that is the real question?

    Freaking ADHD sorry my bad..
    Ever seen a hitch on the back of a pickup truck? I'm guessing it was the same premise.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  16. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Strenght is mostly cns.
    Are you trying to say that if your, individually, for the same person. If he adds 100lbs to his/her squat, in the same rep scheme (lets say 5s or 8s) and time under tension, that his muscle did not get stronger? I will agree that training singles is mostly CNS. But training in a 5-8 rep range and focusing on progressive overload will definitely add hypertrophy.

    ****, a skinny bastard that squats 100lbs, get his squat to 400, do you think his legs will still be so skinny? Look at top raw powerlifters in the 200 or 220 weight classes, they are built like bricks, is that all CNS?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Waterbottle45 View Post

    Are you trying to say that if your, individually, for the same person. If he adds 100lbs to his/her squat, in the same rep scheme (lets say 5s or 8s) and time under tension, that his muscle did not get stronger? I will agree that training singles is mostly CNS. But training in a 5-8 rep range and focusing on progressive overload will definitely add hypertrophy.

    ****, a skinny bastard that squats 100lbs, get his squat to 400, do you think his legs will still be so skinny? Look at top raw powerlifters in the 200 or 220 weight classes, they are built like bricks, is that all CNS?
    You can stay the same weight and up your squats +100 lbs. Same way you can train to do 1000 pull ups and be the same weight and same bodyfat. Takes time though. A lot of time. I will agree 6 to 12 reps is more stimulatory to hypertrophy but just because you can bench 3x your weight does not mean **** regarding staying leaner. Powerlifters in the 220 class are using so many drugs its not funny. 400lbs powerlifters are more likely to use less due to the sheer mass of them being built like hogs.

    Lets leave the paid athletes out of this and talk about the normal people. Can you get hella stronger without increasing weight? Yes.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  18. You can refuse to believe what you want, but it wont make it untrue. Do you think someone lifting in the 6-12 range will just get bigger muscles by repeatedly doing the same thing? No, he will need to add more tension to the muscle, by either increasing weight on the bar, increasing reps further, or lifting the weight slower. Muscle growth isn't as complicated as some people would want to believe. Its hard, but its not that complicated.

    Lift, Recover (eat+rest) , lift a little harder (heavier, more TUT, more reps, whatever), recover, lift a little harder. Without change things up too much or you wont know what to increase.

    Currently, I just lift a little heavier each week, using microloading on some lifts, increasing reps on others before increasing weight. My body weight is 210, and my waist is decreasing by .25-.5 Cm per week, while maintaining my weight.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by theOCdude View Post
    Do u do refeeds cause ur metabolism might be shot.
    Metabolism shot?
    Is this a Dr OZ show?

  20. Quote Originally Posted by Waterbottle45 View Post
    You can refuse to believe what you want, but it wont make it untrue. Do you think someone lifting in the 6-12 range will just get bigger muscles by repeatedly doing the same thing? No, he will need to add more tension to the muscle, by either increasing weight on the bar, increasing reps further, or lifting the weight slower. Muscle growth isn't as complicated as some people would want to believe. Its hard, but its not that complicated.

    Lift, Recover (eat+rest) , lift a little harder (heavier, more TUT, more reps, whatever), recover, lift a little harder. Without change things up too much or you wont know what to increase.

    Currently, I just lift a little heavier each week, using microloading on some lifts, increasing reps on others before increasing weight. My body weight is 210, and my waist is decreasing by .25-.5 Cm per week, while maintaining my weight.
    Okay. A little off track.
    I'm saying strenght is mostly cns. I did NOT say you couldn't build strenght and muscle at the same time. I said they don't have to come at the same time. Ima leave this alone now. You seem to be getting a little heated haha.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  21. Quote Originally Posted by EBF_2356 View Post
    Ok.

    Its good you got bloods done. They are hell expensive here in Sydney.

    Look into Rhodiola from woolworths (chill pill).

    Stay away from caffiene also. Lower abs in usually chronic elevation of cortisol which also decreases insulin sensitivity meaning more love handles.

    Train heavy, sprint, be smart with carbs, keep protein and fats in range, sleep and take your basic Supps as listed

    Also, SLEEP
    Good advice

  22. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Okay. A little off track.
    I'm saying strenght is mostly cns. I did NOT say you couldn't build strenght and muscle at the same time. I said they don't have to come at the same time. Ima leave this alone now. You seem to be getting a little heated haha.
    Yes, maybe a little. I agree that absolute strength might be CNS, but increasing strength over a rep range will produce more hypertrophy. a person who trains singles for 100, and only using singles will be slight bigger when he brings it up to 200. same applies to 5s or 10s. someone doing 10s will generally be a bit bigger then someone doing 5s and quite bigger then someone doing singles. But doing 5s may be easier to recover from and adapt to then doing 10s also and you can possibly get more hypertrophy that way.

    I didnt mean to get heated, I just saw a post and thought I could help this girl achieve her goals. a lot of people dont focus enough on overload and just wanted to add that in. Squats/deadlifts/press/bench/chins overload the whole muscular system and is a good place to start as she seems to be a newer trainee.

  23. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    You can stay the same weight and up your squats +100 lbs. Same way you can train to do 1000 pull ups and be the same weight and same bodyfat. Takes time though. A lot of time. I will agree 6 to 12 reps is more stimulatory to hypertrophy but just because you can bench 3x your weight does not mean **** regarding staying leaner. Powerlifters in the 220 class are using so many drugs its not funny. 400lbs powerlifters are more likely to use less due to the sheer mass of them being built like hogs.

    Lets leave the paid athletes out of this and talk about the normal people. Can you get hella stronger without increasing weight? Yes.
    That's true but only to a point. If it were entirely true you'd have girls in the pl record books but you don't. They're all huge dudes.

    Which is to the point for the OP. Heavy lifting will not cause her muscles to get huge, because she's a girl and can't grow huge muscles. It will cause her muscles to have better definition and be a lot stronger, IOW 6 pack.

    http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...%93-nutrition/

    BTW the author of that article, Molly Galbraith, is another one of the Girls Gone Strong founders.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post

    That's true but only to a point. If it were entirely true you'd have girls in the pl record books but you don't. They're all huge dudes.

    Which is to the point for the OP. Heavy lifting will not cause her muscles to get huge, because she's a girl and can't grow huge muscles. It will cause her muscles to have better definition and be a lot stronger, IOW 6 pack.

    http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...%93-nutrition/

    BTW the author of that article, Molly Galbraith, is another one of the Girls Gone Strong founders.
    I didn't say don't lift heavy.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  25. Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post
    That's true but only to a point. If it were entirely true you'd have girls in the pl record books but you don't. They're all huge dudes.

    Which is to the point for the OP. Heavy lifting will not cause her muscles to get huge, because she's a girl and can't grow huge muscles. It will cause her muscles to have better definition and be a lot stronger, IOW 6 pack.

    http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...%93-nutrition/

    BTW the author of that article, Molly Galbraith, is another one of the Girls Gone Strong founders.
    Good article, doesn't just apply to females though
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. wtf girls want nice guys? HUH?
    By fmfws185 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 09:12 PM
  2. help with wanting to order help plz ??
    By Gym4Life in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 01:21 AM
  3. OK guys and girls...MY SIS NEEDS HELP
    By Polish_Oak in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:56 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-21-2004, 08:52 AM
  5. HELP! Iím Weak as a Girl!
    By iron addict in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Log in
Log in