Diet help. Please!

  1. Registered User
    kkevin56's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    73

    Diet help. Please!


    Im 5'6 180lbs approximately 13-15% bodyfat Im trying to get to around 9% body fat to really see the abs. I can see the the top 4 slightly and the bottom two are still behind fat. My diet consists of 1-1.5g of protein per body pound. for carbs i carb cycle where 3 days are .5 and one day is 1g per pound. i only eat a small amount of carbs for breakfast and than the rest postworkout.

    -2 scoops whey with half cup oatmeal
    -2 servings eggwhites- 40g protein
    -1 chicken breast- 44g protein
    -1 chicken breast with a couple cashews
    post workout
    -2 scoops whey with 1.5 cups brown rice
    -chicken breast or if its too late another protein shake.

    Im trying to get my body close to maybe compete and to look good for the summer, thanks for looking.

  2. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1187161

    How many calories are you eating and how many do you need /day?
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  3. Registered User
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    9,086
    Rep Power
    629304

    And no fat
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    kkevin56's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    73

    Im eating about 1800-2000 calories a day about 5-6 meals a day. and my fats come from half an avocado and some cashews. Ive always had trouble trying to get past 12% body fat and this is my first attempt to get down to single digits.
  5. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1187161

    Quote Originally Posted by kkevin56 View Post
    Im eating about 1800-2000 calories a day about 5-6 meals a day. and my fats come from half an avocado and some cashews. Ive always had trouble trying to get past 12% body fat and this is my first attempt to get down to single digits.
    How long have you been dieting?
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Registered User
    kkevin56's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    73

    since February, i came off a bulk and was around 17% bodyfat and cut down to where i am now but it was only 10lbs and some was a little muscle and water weight. my calipers say im 13.5% and i want to get around 9% but i dont know how to use carbs correctly during a cut or how to really get below 12%body fat.
  7. Registered User
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,376
    Rep Power
    1187161

    Quote Originally Posted by kkevin56 View Post
    since February, i came off a bulk and was around 17% bodyfat and cut down to where i am now but it was only 10lbs and some was a little muscle and water weight. my calipers say im 13.5% and i want to get around 9% but i dont know how to use carbs correctly during a cut or how to really get below 12%body fat.
    Easy. Follow my cutting protocol.*might write a thread on this*
    Come off of your cut. Increase calories by 200 every 3 or 4 days. This will allow your body to slowly adjust.
    After that maintain maintenance calories for 4 weeks. Then start a 12 or 16 week cut. Reduce calories by 200 then when you stop losing bodyfat cut calories by 200. Repeat this till your down to about 1800 calories. Add cardio or add more cardio.

    For muscle retention I suggest adding a cheat or refeed day where you bring your calories back to maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks. Also for the hormone benefits aswell.

    After your 12 to 16 weeks are up go back to maintenance. Increasing calories by 200 every 3 to 4 days. Again allowing your body to adjust with minimal fat gain.

    If you need to lose more rinse and repeat.
    As for carbs pre and post workout are fine.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  8. Registered User
    kkevin56's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Worcester
    Posts
    58
    Rep Power
    73

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    Easy. Follow my cutting protocol.*might write a thread on this*
    Come off of your cut. Increase calories by 200 every 3 or 4 days. This will allow your body to slowly adjust.
    After that maintain maintenance calories for 4 weeks. Then start a 12 or 16 week cut. Reduce calories by 200 then when you stop losing bodyfat cut calories by 200. Repeat this till your down to about 1800 calories. Add cardio or add more cardio.

    For muscle retention I suggest adding a cheat or refeed day where you bring your calories back to maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks. Also for the hormone benefits aswell.

    After your 12 to 16 weeks are up go back to maintenance. Increasing calories by 200 every 3 to 4 days. Again allowing your body to adjust with minimal fat gain.

    If you need to lose more rinse and repeat.
    As for carbs pre and post workout are fine.
    Thanks man! Nice post too and you should definitely make a thread id sure follow in on that! ill try this and see how it goes!
  9. Registered User
    rj123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    129
    Rep Power
    66995

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    Easy. Follow my cutting protocol.*might write a thread on this*
    Come off of your cut. Increase calories by 200 every 3 or 4 days. This will allow your body to slowly adjust.
    After that maintain maintenance calories for 4 weeks. Then start a 12 or 16 week cut. Reduce calories by 200 then when you stop losing bodyfat cut calories by 200. Repeat this till your down to about 1800 calories. Add cardio or add more cardio.

    For muscle retention I suggest adding a cheat or refeed day where you bring your calories back to maintenance every 2 to 3 weeks. Also for the hormone benefits aswell.

    After your 12 to 16 weeks are up go back to maintenance. Increasing calories by 200 every 3 to 4 days. Again allowing your body to adjust with minimal fat gain.

    If you need to lose more rinse and repeat.
    As for carbs pre and post workout are fine.
    Should definitely make a thread myself and I'm sure many others will find it helpful
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cutting Diet Help Please!!
    By True74Seneca in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 01:43 PM
  2. Need to ADD Calories to Diet.... Help Please
    By dpatterson in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 12:37 PM
  3. ready to change my life...diet help please!
    By pulltap289 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 02:30 PM
  4. Diet help please
    By monopoly19 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-31-2006, 11:09 PM
  5. diet help please
    By bronx220 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-29-2004, 02:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in