Calorie expenditure counters

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  247 lbs.

Calorie expenditure counters

Does anyone have experience with the wearable type calorie trackers, i.e body bugs, etc. Are they worth the expense, are accurate enough to make them worthwhile ?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusX View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the wearable type calorie trackers, i.e body bugs, etc. Are they worth the expense, are accurate enough to make them worthwhile ?
    Trying to lose weight, I trust? I think your proposition is over thinking it too much. It wasn't until I cut carbs that I lost fat. Low calorie diets will lose pounds in for form of lean tissue (muscle). I've tried all these calorie trackers, food input apps, heart rate monitors. Ineffective for me. Low carbs + science is the only thing I've had success with. Eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not. Drink more and only water. And minimal carbs.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs

Trying to lose weight, I trust? I think your proposition is over thinking it too much. It wasn't until I cut carbs that I lost fat. Low calorie diets will lose pounds in for form of lean tissue (muscle). I've tried all these calorie trackers, food input apps, heart rate monitors. Ineffective for me. Low carbs + science is the only thing I've had success with. Eat when you're hungry, don't eat when you're not. Drink more and only water. And minimal carbs.
    Agreed. Plus most calorie counters are guessing what you burned. Between that and the guessing of how many calories you consumed you have a whole lot of room for error. No point in stressing over something so trivial. Go ultra low carb with weekly refeeds.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 09:46 AM
  2. Calorie expenditure
    By AutoKal47 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-03-2012, 03:47 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:37 AM
  4. Your cut is my bulk - Low calorie expenditure
    By BBR in forum Nutrition / Health