Love handles/spare tire despite a 2/4pack

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

Love handles/spare tire despite a 2/4pack

Ever since i took t3 my body has changed drastically for the better. I am back to looking how I looked in 2009 except i'm at 13.5% bf instead of 15.6. I'm slowly coming off it but i know for sure I will be going back. My question is: are love handles/spare tire a sign of something else that's wrong? possibly cortisol levels or something that can be fixed?

In may or june i will start another t3 cycle but this time with clen for 2 weeks on 2 weeks off. t3 @ 50mcg the whole time.

Name:  IMAG0981b.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  69.0 KBName:  IMAG0980b.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  90.3 KB
    Last edited by flarestar; 04-10-2013 at 07:13 AM.

2. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Probably a combination of poor diet and exercise, bad sleeping habits, and insulin resistance.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

the first two I would have to disagree on but I know i am borderline diabetic and have had some trouble sleeping in the past few months. Anything one can do to overcome this to acheive six pack?
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

You're skinny fat (I don't mean this in a derogatory way), focus less on the supps and more on diet and lifting. You may be 13.5% BF, but you have very little muscle mass. Find yourself a good lifting routine that focuses on complex exercises and take a serious look at your diet.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.21%

13.5% BF?? NFW. You are 20+%

Clean up your diet, lift, and do some real cardio sessions. (45+ minutes on an arc climber as an example, daily)
    Abs on a skinny dude are like tits on a fat chick....it doesn't count.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

thanks for the advice. I was 175 lbs did a 6week halodrol cycle with t3 and continued with the t3 @ 50mcg and had drastic weight loss down to 154 now. i'm tapering off the t3 and going to focus and putting on mass again. sans the ph
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

youre not 13.5% bf. did you use one of those hand held devices? youre closer to 20% than 13.5%

focus on nutrition and training. you shouldnt have ran hdrol or t3 if you couldnt even lose the fat by yourself. how tall are you?
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.67%

Quote Originally Posted by flarestar View Post
    thanks for the advice. I was 175 lbs did a 6week halodrol cycle with t3 and continued with the t3 @ 50mcg and had drastic weight loss down to 154 now. i'm tapering off the t3 and going to focus and putting on mass again. sans the ph
    Ok, honestly and with purest intent, what do you know about nutrition and diet? Do you understand macro splits, caloric intake and what your specific maintenance requirements are?

How tall are you?

What does your training regiment look like? Do you track your lifts/stats? I honestly can guess the answers...

At this point, you need to get the diet and training routine in line and build muscle mass. This may mean you see zero weight gains and you may even lose scale weight while increasing lean mass.

I am probably being redundant, but I can't stress this enough: diet=70%, training=30%. Everything else is pointless until you get these two elements dialed in. Any other process is going to get you piss poor results. There are no short cuts, you've gotta earn it. Lay off the juice...eat your calories and lift heavy. You can be as skinny as **** and won't have abs without muscle mass.
  9. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

If you're lucky, when you come off the t3 your body will react negatively and your thyroid won't be able to normalize, leading to inevitable fat gain thanks to abuse of t3.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    18.49%

Quote Originally Posted by FL3X MAGNUM View Post
    If you're lucky, when you come off the t3 your body will react negatively and your thyroid won't be able to normalize, leading to inevitable fat gain thanks to abuse of t3.
    what about unlucky?

i dont think this guy even knows what t3 can do
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%

Quote Originally Posted by OnionKnight View Post

what about unlucky?

i dont think this guy even knows what t3 can do
    I'm killing myself in the gym to get down below 7%. Tried just about everything and it's been a very slow journey, yet I prefer it over messing with t3 any day.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

well lucky for me i already have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and have been taking t4 (synthroid) I think i actually need t3 because the changes were so drastic and sudden (after coming off hdrol). I am 5'10 I work out 4x a week Mon-Thurs. Every workout session is ended with 1.5-2miles of running. I don't log my workouts I just go in and lift which i know i need to change.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    82.47%

Why does your doctor want you to taper off the thyroid drugs?
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.86%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

T3 supplementation should not be jumped into; its the same as using AAS in that if you consume or use testosterone, the body's own production downregulates because it simply doesn't need to produce anymore.

If you dose t3 too high, expect downregulation of TSH after you cease supplementation. On top of this, it increases the rate of protein degradation which you do not want in certain situations.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

I'm in for this...very similar to my story. Although to each his own about T3. I ran it once and will again, but that debate is and has been another thread
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

doctor only has me on t4 i'm tapering off the t3 now. No matter how much I work at it I never did lose fat until taking t3. I am convinced my thyroid has trouble converting t4 into t3 and I should be prescribed cytomel (t3). Doctor's are taught only to look at the TSH levels and if that value is ok then do nothing else. who cares if the patient feels like crap or has a horrid metabolism
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.21%

Post your diet and your daily workout routine.
  18. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Quote Originally Posted by flarestar View Post
    doctor only has me on t4 i'm tapering off the t3 now. No matter how much I work at it I never did lose fat until taking t3. I am convinced my thyroid has trouble converting t4 into t3 and I should be prescribed cytomel (t3). Doctor's are taught only to look at the TSH levels and if that value is ok then do nothing else. who cares if the patient feels like crap or has a horrid metabolism
    Going beyond status quo jeoperdizes a doctor's career. Finding one who A) exercises/lifts B) understands nutrition C) understands body fat vs body weight and everything else "we" understand is a challenge.
    In the end, I find (so far) that the doctors I've been to are just a guy with an opinion and an RX pad. Keep looking for one you see eye to eye with. I'm still searching for one who understands TRT and also seeking another ortho for my shoulder issue...
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

I am constantly amazed by the search for doctors that "see eye to eye with you".

Why is it logical to assume that medical professionals are consistently wrong and we are right when we seek their consult.
    If you are always looking for a doc that will treat your self-diagnosed condition in the way you think it should be, stop and think if you aren't looking for the wrong thing.
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    I am constantly amazed by the search for doctors that "see eye to eye with you".

Why is it logical to assume that medical professionals are consistently wrong and we are right when we seek their consult.
    If you are always looking for a doc that will treat your self-diagnosed condition in the way you think it should be, stop and think if you aren't looking for the wrong thing.
    I don't know if you're referring to me or not, but it seems like you are. In my specific instance, diagnosed with primary hypogonadism due to a brain tumor, having an endocrinologist set my testosterone in the 400 ng/dl range when the standard range is 300-1200 is unacceptable. Prescribing one injection every two weeks, when the half life documented in the medicine box is 8 days is just plain wrong. Also unacceptable is his dismissal of seeing the value in an aromatase inhibitor, and the value of human chorionic gonadotropin in my treatment.
    A second endocrinologist opinion, one who weighed well in the 400lbs and could not sit without leaning on the counter for support, was quick to prescribe diabetes medication and liposuction due to a slight elevation in my fasting blood sugar. Again, unacceptable.
    I could go on with more about the orthopaedic doctor who was quick to recommend surgical removal of part of my clavicle due to an overuse injury, without any reccomendation of rehab. I could also speak to the MD who admittedly knew very little about testosterone replacement.
    You could consider the FDA's recommended 60% of calories coming from carbohydrates while pushing for 10% or lower fat and that outcome related to type II diabetes and obesity. Or their classification of ketchup as a vegetable. Or the Dr. Alfred Keys "lipid hypothesis" which correlated high fat intake with heart disease (also wrong and with skewed data)... I could go on and on.
    While your experiences with medical professionals may have been satisfactory, in the end, you as an individual need to take responsibility for your own self. Doctors should be seen as allies, available to assist people reach their fullest potential.
    But if you are insinuating that all doctors are almighty and omniscient, you are, in fact, living in a fairy tale.
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

No, simply making the general point that doctors as a class are trained in the realm we seek advice from them in. We all should be highly skeptical whenever we find ourselves with the temptation to substitute our own untrained opinion for theirs when they fail to give us the diagnosis and treatment we think we should have.
    Dr Google should have his practice closed.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.5%

And when you criticizes the FDA, focus your criticism on the politics that lead to such illogical recommendations (heavy lobbying from industry) rather than the expertise of the entire medical science profession.
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post
    And when you criticizes the FDA, focus your criticism on the politics that lead to such illogical recommendations (heavy lobbying from industry) rather than the expertise of the entire medical science profession.
    Tread lightly in this realm. Ever consulted with a "registered dietitician?" They are experts too, ya know...lol
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Any updates?
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%

Scherbs and threefs, y'all both make valid points and I can't say either of you are wrong, I know as far as I go I've had good doctors that held knowledge well beyond my own understanding as well as doctors that were complete morons but everyone has to find that out for themselves, threefs you definitely seem to be striking out so best of luck buddy. I'm interested to hear the end of the OP's story tho...
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.9%

Striking out with good doctors, not your advice...just to be clear lol
  27. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.11%

Quote Originally Posted by R_Alan1 View Post
    Striking out with good doctors, not your advice...just to be clear lol
    I'm not worried about it. At the end of the day, doctors go home and don't think about their patients. It's up to you as an individual to manage your health to your personal satisfaction.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.21%

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    I'm not worried about it. At the end of the day, most doctors go home and don't think about their patients. It's up to you as an individual to manage your health to your personal satisfaction.
    Fixed it. Some doctors do. I had my doctor call me totally out of the blue, a month after my last visit, just to be sure I was doing ok and seeing steady improvement.
  29. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

i've gained a lot of my muscle back. back on t3 @ 50mcg also doing clen for 2 weeks (completed the first week) I have cut back on the cardio and the weight isn't coming off like it did last time. I need to do some cardio at some point but i really like how i'm not losing muscle mass this time i guess thanks to the anti-catabolic properties of the clen the only other thing i'm doing differently is using a dhea cream with formasurge to prevent excess estrogen

Similar Forum Threads

1. "love handle" area difficulty losing
    By s.norman in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 09-28-2006, 10:54 AM
  2. Love handles and lower abs whats the cure?
    By poppin13 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
  3. will i ever lose my ab/love handles fat?
    By spitboy2000 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:39 AM
  4. love handle suggestions
    By critter in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 03-15-2006, 07:47 PM
  5. Study: DHEA booster reduces 'spare tire'
    By Dwight Schrute in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 02:13 AM