Monsta65 starts journey to weight loss

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Im tired of being obese and its time for a change. Today is the next turn in my life to become healthier and change my life and life style. Im excited for this journey. I have always felt embarressed to write on here about myself and the weight problems but I really think that this will be helping me out through my journey. I will be posting pictures hopefully tonight if my wife is able to fix the camera going to the computer.
Here are my starting measurements.
Weight- 335- sad I know this is very disgusting and I should have never let this happen to myself.
Stomach- 53 5/8"
Waist-51"
Chest-53"
Thigh-30"
Calf-19 5/8"
Bicep (not flexed-straight arm)-16 5/8"
Forearm (not flexed)- 13 1/8"
Neck- 20"

This morning I started this journey with a 30 min fast walk on the treadmill, I ate the way a diet plan told me to eat, and then after worked I did a chest workout that lasted about 45 min. Hope this also helps people that were in my place and hope they arnt ashamed like I was and I still am.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
I'm with ya brother, I'm glad your sharing with us! It's a long but worthwhile process, what's your goal weight and how many days a week are you planning on training?

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
my goal weight in the end I wanna be around 245 I know its a lot of work but i know I can do it but short term i wanna be down to 300 in a month or two and I am going to be doing cardio and lifting 5 days a week

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
the first step is committing to making the change

it has begun..here for support :)

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
my goal weight in the end I wanna be around 245 I know its a lot of work but i know I can do it but short term i wanna be down to 300 in a month or two and I am going to be doing cardio and lifting 5 days a week
Solid goals, watching your body transform for the better is one of the coolest things to see. Your headed in the right direction!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guy i appreciate it and many people will say this and not mean it but I truly mean it when I say, my life is going to be changing and its for the right this time not the wrong, im thinking of either updating everyday and letting you guys know how i feel and stuff or do you think a weekly thing is better? I know im going to update weekly on my weight, measurements and pictures.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this is your log friend - you update date as you like
if it helps you to stay on track and update every day, then go for it
The more I update the more it makes me want to work.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
aight coo ill do that thanks I appreciate it, this is my first time doing this kind of thing

hubbabubba

hubbabubba

Awards
Hey man,

I am on that same journey. Just remember to stay consistent and set weekly goals. If you keep looking at 245, it'll seem far away but set goals for inches and lbs weekly. I am down 40 lbs from 310 to 270. I want to be at 235 but slow and steady is the course. I will post my own photos in a separate log soon. Cheers and here's to you!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks hubba i appreciate it and congrats on your weight loss and just keep it up. I was waiting to set some goals weekly after I find out how much i can lose in that time, if that makes any sense.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Thanks for taking a look at my thread MANotaur, I appreciate it and ill keep updating this thread

Bigmike23

Awards
Way to go Monsta! Im with you at a disgusting phase in my life, and just am struggling to lose the FAT! Def post your pics, dont be embarrassed but its part of the Journey and process! And ill be following you

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guys i do appreciate it and yea the support on am is awesome

jgaz18

jgaz18

Awards
Just remember its a lifestyle change! You'll hear it a million times but its true! I started at 264 a year ago dropped to 218 by thanksgiving and hit 188 last week! Eat healthy and do work! Everything you do gets you closer or further from ur goal!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Just remember its a lifestyle change! You'll hear it a million times but its true! I started at 264 a year ago dropped to 218 by thanksgiving and hit 188 last week! Eat healthy and do work! Everything you do gets you closer or further from ur goal!
first off nice job thats awesome, and yea i hear you this time im not going to stop the dieting im going to push through the thick stuff that my mind couldnt overcome last time, if you know what i mean thanks for your post

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I'm cheering you on and looking forward to seeing your progress. :)
thanks Rhone i appreciate it, I know u went through this and now its my turn and im prepared this time.

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
just got done with my workout "Back". I was feeling a little drained but didnt give up and fought through it and finished. really overall a great workout I sweated like a pig. this was day 2 of my diet and training transformation, I did a 30 minute fast walk in the morning then went to work and now lift. feeling pretty good muscle wise, like i said just a little drained but figured that it will be like this for a week or two

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
this is day three i did my 30 min cardio as usual when i first get up and have to say that today wasnt as hard as monday and tuesday. I have a little bit of lower back pain but probably because of my weight and i did a back workout last night. Tonight I have biceps and triceps for my workout. the diet is still going good my mind was thinking of the junk food that I used to eat but i didnt get tempted.

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Here for the ride buddy, keep killin it!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guys i appreciate it and i will after work today i have bieceps and triceps workout. I am actually feeling good right now

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
Thanks Luke if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have a plan and still be lost but with you helping me out its really helpful and motivational thanks

Luke_PNI

Luke_PNI

Awards
Thanks Luke if it wasnt for you i wouldnt have a plan and still be lost but with you helping me out its really helpful and motivational thanks
Your Welcome man. Were going to make this happen for you my friend ! You got the will power thats for sure and you have me and this community to continue to push forward. Keep working hard man!

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Monsta Monsta....I am in for this ride man. As always I'm here for support. Keep up the good work.

How is your diet?

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guys for being on this ride with me wish I would have did this the last time but i was always ashamed, and my diet is going good

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I agree Wilpit and thanks for your support its really encouraging

EBroser

EBroser

Awards
In on this one!!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
great cardio this morning again it was a 30 min fast walk and its starting to get better each day I use the hand rests less each day which i think that is a positive, i can feel my bies and tris a little sore but its a good sore and tonight i will be working out shoulders

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
I felt great all day today, my shoulder lift was great they are still burning.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
great cardio this morning again it was a 30 min fast walk and its starting to get better each day I use the hand rests less each day which i think that is a positive, i can feel my bies and tris a little sore but its a good sore and tonight i will be working out shoulders
This is definitely a good thing! Keep it up!

I felt great all day today, my shoulder lift was great they are still burning.
I love shoulder work! Way to keep the burn goin! That means your doin it right!! Way to go brother!

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
did my 30 min fast cardio this morning and its getting better each day. feeling good in the shoulders from last night legs are tonight

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
i do warm ups then for the sets i do sets of 15,12,10 for all them and just add weight each time will be switching the reps up next week squats, leg ext, leg curls, calf raisers, lunges, I would do leg press and hack squats but i dont have access to them

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
You don't have access to those machines but your doing it right by squatting. Lunges kill me too. So you are on the right track.

MANotaur

MANotaur

Awards
i do warm ups then for the sets i do sets of 15,12,10 for all them and just add weight each time will be switching the reps up next week squats, leg ext, leg curls, calf raisers, lunges, I would do leg press and hack squats but i dont have access to them
Squats =king of lifts! That's the best way! Get your form tight and good first. Once you have gotten that down and are comfortable with them, look at some vids online for barbell hack Squats. Theyre far better than machine hack Squats in every aspect. Don't worry about leg press now. With all the work your doing your already hitting your leg from all angles.

Look into Roman deadlifts and 1 legged Squats for more hamstring work so that you get a better balance of eccentric and concentric movements!

Keep up the good work bro! Your killing it! Your gonna hurt in the morning! Lol

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
thanks guys i appreciate it and i know i will be hurting tomorrow but thats all good ill let u guys know how its going

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
yea no doubt ive been through it quite a few times i call them jello legs lol

Monsta65

Monsta65

Awards
yep got the jello legs already lol good thing i have this weekend off from lifting and cardio just dieting

Wilpit

Wilpit

Awards
Make sure your dieting during the weekends are clean. Personally, If I can keep a clean diet over the weekend consistently I end up seeing results but when I am disciplined all week but falter on the weekends my results come to a standstill. Weekends tend to make and break me. Especially on off days, you want to make sure your calorie intake is lower and you meet whatever macros you have set out for the day. Usually on weekends I try to take walks as well or do some kind of light calorie burning activity. Keep going hard.