Monsta65 starts journey to weight loss

Page 7 of 11 First ... 56789 ... Last

1. Polyunsatured fats are unstable and easily oxidized. Omega 6 and Omega 3 polyunsaturated fats are essential in small amounts, and dangerous in higher amounts. Most Americans are deficient in Omega 3 PUFAs and get way too much Omega 6 PUFAs. This is a result of feeding our livestock grain-based diets instead of their natural grass diets, not eating much fish, and a misguided fear of saturated fat that has led to people eating high amounts of unhealthy high-omega 6 vegetable oils.

For anyone interested, The Perfect Health Diet has quickly become my favorite book on nutrition and I highly recommend it. It's very well-researched. The book recommends .5 - 1lb of high omega 3 fish (e.g. salmon) per week to cover your omega 3 needs (I also use some ground flaxseed), and minimize omega 6. You'd practically have to eat 0 fat for an extended period of time to experience an omega 6 deficiency. The book points to monounsatured fat and saturated fat as the only sources of calories that are not toxic to the body in high amounts. Hence butter and coconut oil are about as safe as food gets. Olive oil is pretty good, too--it's mostly monounsaturated with a small amount of polyunsaturated fat, which is okay if you're minimizing other PUFA sources. I treat pretty much any other vegetable oil like poison.

2. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    But don't go crazy on poly unsaturated fats like olive oil. They quickly enter fat cells and are slower to leave.
    thanks I appreciate it, like I said its great hearing from you guys and your comments, I learn more each day
    •   

3. My chest lift was very awesome, really sweaty again which is great and feeling a little jell owe

4. Monsta,

Although the nutrition science discussed here is super valuable, it can be overwhelming, at least for me. Work on getting your macros in order, then start to fine tune your sources of calories and nutrients. We're changing our habits and that takes time. Look at the big stuff and then dig deeper into the minutiae. Just my 10 cents and what I'm trying to do.

5. yea it can get a little overwhelming. and thanks man I know you are going through wat i am ur just ahead quite a ways
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post

thanks I appreciate it, like I said its great hearing from you guys and your comments, I learn more each day
    That's why I subbed in man. Like I said, our stories are similar though the actual numbers are different. I wish I knew 20 years ago what I do now...would never have this fat problem

7. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    yea it can get a little overwhelming. and thanks man I know you are going through wat i am ur just ahead quite a ways
    Just eat clean dude...that's the biggest thing..

If its produce...its prolly safe
    If its some form of lean meat...its prolly safe

As long as your diet is based off those two staples your golden!

The work your putting in Will take care of itself! Don't get overwhelmed with anything and just keep doi what your doin! You just have a bunch if bros in iron here that wanna see you reach your goals and succeeded at being awsome! Your gonna get lots of advice that your not sure what your gonna do with it or how it applies to you..so just write it down somewhere and forget about it until your in a point in your training/where it is relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

8. thanks MANotaur I appreciate it. Like I said the support on here is awesome.

I just got done with my 30 min cardio and still sweating like a pig LOL. I have back workout tonight

9. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    thanks MANotaur I appreciate it. Like I said the support on here is awesome.
    ManO offers full support, including complimentary reach arounds

10. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

Only if you make it worth my time

11. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post

12. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    awesome this is great news then

13. Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Monsta,

Although the nutrition science discussed here is super valuable, it can be overwhelming, at least for me. Work on getting your macros in order, then start to fine tune your sources of calories and nutrients. We're changing our habits and that takes time. Look at the big stuff and then dig deeper into the minutiae. Just my 10 cents and what I'm trying to do.
    I agree with this. I ate essentially IIFYM style for a while (perfectly fine for altering body composition) and gradually evolved toward eating with my long-term health and lifespan in mind. I probably wouldn't have been able to go directly from eating like crap to eating how I eat now.

That said, I would have appreciated knowing earlier on that steak, whole eggs, potatoes, and white rice are great, healthy dietary staples.

14. bad news I hurt my lower back twisting the wrong way. I have no idea what caused it I know it was just from twisting wrong. Its a sharp pain in my lower back that shoots pain to my groin. so tonight I wont be able to lift. pretty bummed

15. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    bad news I hurt my lower back twisting the wrong way. I have no idea what caused it I know it was just from twisting wrong. Its a sharp pain in my lower back that shoots pain to my groin. so tonight I wont be able to lift. pretty bummed
    Keep your head up bro could be nothing
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html

16. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    bad news I hurt my lower back twisting the wrong way. I have no idea what caused it I know it was just from twisting wrong. Its a sharp pain in my lower back that shoots pain to my groin. so tonight I wont be able to lift. pretty bummed
    Dude, this will happen early in a transformation. You are asking your body to do things it hasn't done in awhile. Don't get bummed, do what you can and keep your diet clean. If it doesn't start to get better, go see a doc or chiropractor. Remember, setbacks will happen and how you react will determine your outcomes. Keep atonsts.

17. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    Don't worry about it..take it easy and take a few days off. It happens to the best of us. I've got knee and shoulder pro less and when they flare up i javelin to back off for a week or so...it happens..really no big deal

Just be responsible with it. Remember your still a big boy and your body and joints are throwing around And handling alot of weight that its not used to doing. Its gonna wanna fight back sometime lol. It happens to everybody I've ever trained or worked with that's in your shoes.

Just take a few days off...maybe get a tens unit if you can find one and keep a hot pack on it. You'll loosen back up and yoill jump back into feline like a million bucks after a couple days off

18. thanks guys for the support and I hope im back tomorrow just a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back and goes to my groin

19. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    thanks guys for the support and I hope im back tomorrow just a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back and goes to my groin
    Sounds like blue balls. You'd better get that taken care of.

But really, rest and stretch and it should be gone in a jiffy

20. Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    thanks guys for the support and I hope im back tomorrow just a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back and goes to my groin
    Happens to the best of us, rest, stretch and get back to it when the pain is gone. Better to be out a few days than a few months, trust me.

21. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Sounds like blue balls. You'd better get that taken care of.

But really, rest and stretch and it should be gone in a jiffy
    thats why I should have neva gotten married LOL, I am getting a little rest probably just over working myself or something IDK but I will be back ASAP

22. starting to feel a little better but still have a sharp pain shoot once in awhile so im figuring it was some kinda pinched nerve

23. Lather that sucker up with ice-hot bro! First thing i always do when I strain any muscle is throw some icy hot on it and massage it constantly, I had a knot in my back about the size of a lemon 4 month ago that took my wife a month to get rid of and I was pissed the whole time cause I could barely train. Try and get out and do some light stuff like walking also you can do some carb fasting right now since you won't be so active.

Oh and I'm Subin this ***** to I've gone through two major weight loss periods in my life so I know what your gonna go through. Just stay positive and that weight will be falling off of you in no time.
    Bigcountry's Getting a little smaller: Epi/Stano Log

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/231194-bigcountrys-getting-little.html

24. Quote Originally Posted by Bigcountry08 View Post
    Lather that sucker up with ice-hot bro! First thing i always do when I strain any muscle is throw some icy hot on it and massage it constantly, I had a knot in my back about the size of a lemon 4 month ago that took my wife a month to get rid of and I was pissed the whole time cause I could barely train. Try and get out and do some light stuff like walking also you can do some carb fasting right now since you won't be so active.

Oh and I'm Subin this ***** to I've gone through two major weight loss periods in my life so I know what your gonna go through. Just stay positive and that weight will be falling off of you in no time.
    Thanks I appreciate it and yea ive been using asprocreme and my wife is rubbing it. I have been keeping it in check

25. Haven't forgotten ya bud...just busy!

How's everything feeling and doin?

26. Keep the diet consistent if this injury is forcing you not to lift. Keep up the good work man.

27. Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    Haven't forgotten ya bud...just busy!

How's everything feeling and doin?
    its starting to heal up just pinched a nerve or something I should be ready to get back up on the horse on monday and its coo man I know people have better things to do then be on here. lol your good

28. Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    Keep the diet consistent if this injury is forcing you not to lift. Keep up the good work man.
    yea def bro I appreciate it. and yea I cut out some of my carbs because of not lifting too

29. Just stay on point with your food and drink. Abs are made in the kitchen!

30. Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Just stay on point with your food and drink. Abs are made in the kitchen!
    I thought they were made in the muscletech lab?? Or the jenner /kardashians plastic surgeons office??

Never heard of that kitchen hogwash
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Desperate for new approach to weight loss!
    By shawjs8898 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 07:58 AM
  2. Female very resistant to weight loss
    By oilerfan8 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
  3. I want to start the Deluxe Weight Loss Program ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 08:47 PM
  4. BF loss in relation to weight loss
    By Crotalus in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 01:02 PM