6'1"  210 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsta65 View Post
    I have legs

Squat a warmup doing to sets of 12 of lighter weight then 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Leg Curl 3x12
    Lunges 3x12
    Calf raisers 3x15 and then a super set on as many as I can do
    dude lol your ass and thighs are gonna be hurting in the morning!
    Quote Originally Posted by iparatroop View Post
    I'm usually crying when people take naked pictures of me. Fcuking childhood.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MANotaur View Post
    dude lol your ass and thighs are gonna be hurting in the morning!
    LOL they are burning right now as I write this, but yea its a great soreness to have for the weekend, its going to remind me of all the hard work I did this week. I had a great week of lifting. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE ALL OF YOUR GUYS INPUT, IT KEEPS ME MOTIVATED. after next week I will be posting pictures of my 4 week progress.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Hey guys I just want to let everyone know that I am going to be getting a new scale for tomorrow mornings weigh in. The scale I actually have been using since I first started has been crap. Id have to weigh myself 4 or 5 times then avg out my weight to what it was. Im just tired of doing it and I know I should have bought one when I first started this weight loss. This scale was so bad I would weigh in at 316 then a few seconds later id restep on the scale and id be 324. So to be honest my starting weight may have been higher then when I first started at or it could have been lower. Tomorrow I will let you know what my true weight is and this scale is going to be a very good one. Cant wait and I do know over all I have lost quite a bit of weight.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Hey guys I just want to let everyone know that I am going to be getting a new scale for tomorrow mornings weigh in. The scale I actually have been using since I first started has been crap. Id have to weigh myself 4 or 5 times then avg out my weight to what it was. Im just tired of doing it and I know I should have bought one when I first started this weight loss. This scale was so bad I would weigh in at 316 then a few seconds later id restep on the scale and id be 324. So to be honest my starting weight may have been higher then when I first started at or it could have been lower. Tomorrow I will let you know what my true weight is and this scale is going to be a very good one. Cant wait and I do know over all I have lost quite a bit of weight.
    Get a new mirror too! That's even more valuable!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  290 lbs.

^^^^^, so important.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

OK I got my new scale. My real actual weight is 323 on the new scale. I weighed myself on the other scale were id take my average and my weights went from 312 to 318. So I do know for sure I was still losing weight but seeing that im at 323 and I re weighed my self on it a couple of times and it stayed the same weight, It was kinda upsetting but im good and I will keep going because I do know that I have lost the weight. Im going to be doing my cardio right now and sorry for the scale problem. and my mirror is working fine because I can tell I am losing weight next monday morning I will be posting pictures
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Just got done with my 30 min. cardio and like I said before I turn it up a little everytime. Today WOW it felt great but had to take faster longer strides to keep up. Really sweating like a pig today but know its great. Ever since I weighed myself right when I got up and seen what I actually weigh and just want to tell you guys I was even bigger then what I started out at which is really scary because 335 is a lot of weight but on my new scale that is accurate I was probably 8 lbs heavier and its scary thinking I weighed that much. Im still fighting and will keep on fighting im just so disgusted in myself that I was probably close to 345 which is down right scary weight. THANKS for all the support guys I appreciate it
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Just got done with my 30 min. cardio and like I said before I turn it up a little everytime. Today WOW it felt great but had to take faster longer strides to keep up. Really sweating like a pig today but know its great. Ever since I weighed myself right when I got up and seen what I actually weigh and just want to tell you guys I was even bigger then what I started out at which is really scary because 335 is a lot of weight but on my new scale that is accurate I was probably 8 lbs heavier and its scary thinking I weighed that much. Im still fighting and will keep on fighting im just so disgusted in myself that I was probably close to 345 which is down right scary weight. THANKS for all the support guys I appreciate it
    Don't worry about the new numbers! Think of it still as a 10# lb loss and not be disappointed in yourself.

Just as long as your pants keep gettin looser and looser, your doin the right thing. That's why its important to have a working mirror

Anyway dude keep your hands up and chin down and keep fighting through it. Your gonna have good days and bad days...just think of today as a bad day and tare it from there...or just that your starting weight now is 335 and your just got a head start on the weight loss!! Lol

What's ypir diet like if you don't mind my asking? I thought i saw that you said you were gonna eat healthy but what's your actual diet lol
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Don't worry about the new numbers! Think of it still as a 10# lb loss and not be disappointed in yourself.

Just as long as your pants keep gettin looser and looser, your doin the right thing. That's why its important to have a working mirror

Anyway dude keep your hands up and chin down and keep fighting through it. Your gonna have good days and bad days...just think of today as a bad day and tare it from there...or just that your starting weight now is 335 and your just got a head start on the weight loss!! Lol

What's ypir diet like if you don't mind my asking? I thought i saw that you said you were gonna eat healthy but what's your actual diet lol
    I am going to keep fighting. Like I said I can tell im losing the weight from my pants and the mirror. Next week I will be posting pictures of how im progressing. and my diet looks like this

Training Days

Meal 1
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 60g
    Fats 0g

Meal 2
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 40g
    Fats 0g

Meal 3
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 4(Pre-Workout)
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 5(Post-Workout)
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 70g
    Fats 0g

Meal 6
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 7g

Non-Training Days

Meal 1
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 50g
    Fats 0g

Meal 2
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 3
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 4
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 5
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 6
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 0g

and the carbs are the healthy ones like oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread ETC
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

If fat decreases and muscle increases, body weight may not reflect a change. Don't sweat the numbers so much. Your body weight fluctuates +/- several pounds each day due to cellular water retention, poo, piss, etc.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

Everyone else pretty much covered it but ill say it again anyway lol go by the mirror and don't sweat the scale so much.
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Don't let the numbers discourage you (easier said than done, I know). Where you're going is more important than where you started.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

I am going to keep fighting. Like I said I can tell im losing the weight from my pants and the mirror. Next week I will be posting pictures of how im progressing. and my diet looks like this

Training Days

Meal 1
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 60g
    Fats 0g

Meal 2
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 40g
    Fats 0g

Meal 3
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 4(Pre-Workout)
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 5(Post-Workout)
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 70g
    Fats 0g

Meal 6
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 7g

Non-Training Days

Meal 1
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 50g
    Fats 0g

Meal 2
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 3
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 4
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 14g

Meal 5
    Protein 50g
    Carbs 30g
    Fats 0g

Meal 6
    Protein 60g
    Carbs 0g
    Fats 0g

and the carbs are the healthy ones like oatmeal, brown rice, whole grain bread ETC
    im not a diet guru by any stretch of the imagination...but you might wanna add some more fats in there...that can go a LOONNG way in losing weight.

try adding avacados and cold water fish into your meals whenever you can...ie: use an avacado and chicken breast a in between meal and then eat cod or salmon or something else of the like for lunch and dinner.

just a thought, but right now your doing great so it might be better to not fix something that isnt broken lol
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  215 lbs.

im not a diet guru by any stretch of the imagination...but you might wanna add some more fats in there...that can go a LOONNG way in losing weight.
    nice point and agree
    i was just scratching my head myself on some of the macros..
    unless you are doing whey isolate or egg whites, you won't get to 60g protein w/o any carbs or fats (and there is no such thing as 100% pure protein in a powder, despite marketing efforts..fat cannot be entirely eliminated in an isolate, it's impossible)
    and somewhat the same on carbs: 70g carbs with no fats? unless you are doing dextrose or some simple sugar, or some plain rice cakes, you will be hard-pressed to have pure carbs (the things you mention above oats/bread/rice etc all contain some amount of fat)

i just dint wanna say anything at this point, as there needs to be a semblance of order in which you tackle things here
    getting in the groove and making lifestyle changes, exercising, and a general cleaning up the diet and making good dietary choices are all priority #1..
    but yes at some point, you will want to make an effort to further understand nutrition, as that will be the most powerful life-changing force you can ever experience in regards to altering your physical composition
    FINAFLEX Product Educator
    visit our website at finaflex.com
    contact me at snagency@finaflex.com
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by snagencyV2.0 View Post
    nice point and agree
    i was just scratching my head myself on some of the macros..
    unless you are doing whey isolate or egg whites, you won't get to 60g protein w/o any carbs or fats (and there is no such thing as 100% pure protein in a powder, despite marketing efforts..fat cannot be entirely eliminated in an isolate, it's impossible)
    and somewhat the same on carbs: 70g carbs with no fats? unless you are doing dextrose or some simple sugar, or some plain rice cakes, you will be hard-pressed to have pure carbs (the things you mention above oats/bread/rice etc all contain some amount of fat)

i just dint wanna say anything at this point, as there needs to be a semblance of order in which you tackle things here
    getting in the groove and making lifestyle changes, exercising, and a general cleaning up the diet and making good dietary choices are all priority #1..
    but yes at some point, you will want to make an effort to further understand nutrition, as that will be the most powerful life-changing force you can ever experience in regards to altering your physical composition
    I had been lifting and running for years on a crap diet with some success but it wasn't until I started eating better that I really noticed the difference. What you say here is very true.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. And I actually do use some avocados in some of my meals. As for the protein I do use egg whites, chicken breasts, ground turkey, ground beef the 93/7, steaks etc like that
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Eat more fat. Grass fed butter, coconut oil, liquid MCT oil, olives (moderation) bacon grease, eggs.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by threeFs View Post
    Eat more fat. Grass fed butter, coconut oil, liquid MCT oil, olives (moderation) bacon grease, eggs.
    O and I do use olive oil
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

O and I do use olive oil
    But don't go crazy on poly unsaturated fats like olive oil. They quickly enter fat cells and are slower to leave.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

But don't go crazy on poly unsaturated fats like olive oil. They quickly enter fat cells and are slower to leave.
    Hence why i don't do well with nutrition and why i encourage 90 percent of people to not listen to my advice lol

I knew that both were good (mono and polyunsaturated) but logic would have...

If a single unsaturated lipid is capable of mobilizing fat from fat cals to be utilized as energy and other metabolic functions...would polys be able to do so at a higher rate or greater extent?

Im good with biochem and other physiology but when it comes to diets Im just awful and none of it really makes sense especially with all the new fads and new contrainfo and nay-studies that come out on bi-daily basis. I don't know how you dieticians do it and keep up with it.

Anyway rant/hijack over. Keep killing it monsta!
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Polyunsatured fats are unstable and easily oxidized. Omega 6 and Omega 3 polyunsaturated fats are essential in small amounts, and dangerous in higher amounts. Most Americans are deficient in Omega 3 PUFAs and get way too much Omega 6 PUFAs. This is a result of feeding our livestock grain-based diets instead of their natural grass diets, not eating much fish, and a misguided fear of saturated fat that has led to people eating high amounts of unhealthy high-omega 6 vegetable oils.

For anyone interested, The Perfect Health Diet has quickly become my favorite book on nutrition and I highly recommend it. It's very well-researched. The book recommends .5 - 1lb of high omega 3 fish (e.g. salmon) per week to cover your omega 3 needs (I also use some ground flaxseed), and minimize omega 6. You'd practically have to eat 0 fat for an extended period of time to experience an omega 6 deficiency. The book points to monounsatured fat and saturated fat as the only sources of calories that are not toxic to the body in high amounts. Hence butter and coconut oil are about as safe as food gets. Olive oil is pretty good, too--it's mostly monounsaturated with a small amount of polyunsaturated fat, which is okay if you're minimizing other PUFA sources. I treat pretty much any other vegetable oil like poison.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

thanks I appreciate it, like I said its great hearing from you guys and your comments, I learn more each day
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

My chest lift was very awesome, really sweaty again which is great and feeling a little jell owe
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  290 lbs.

Monsta,

Although the nutrition science discussed here is super valuable, it can be overwhelming, at least for me. Work on getting your macros in order, then start to fine tune your sources of calories and nutrients. We're changing our habits and that takes time. Look at the big stuff and then dig deeper into the minutiae. Just my 10 cents and what I'm trying to do.
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

yea it can get a little overwhelming. and thanks man I know you are going through wat i am ur just ahead quite a ways
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

thanks I appreciate it, like I said its great hearing from you guys and your comments, I learn more each day
    That's why I subbed in man. Like I said, our stories are similar though the actual numbers are different. I wish I knew 20 years ago what I do now...would never have this fat problem
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

yea it can get a little overwhelming. and thanks man I know you are going through wat i am ur just ahead quite a ways
    Just eat clean dude...that's the biggest thing..

If its produce...its prolly safe
    If its some form of lean meat...its prolly safe

As long as your diet is based off those two staples your golden!

The work your putting in Will take care of itself! Don't get overwhelmed with anything and just keep doi what your doin! You just have a bunch if bros in iron here that wanna see you reach your goals and succeeded at being awsome! Your gonna get lots of advice that your not sure what your gonna do with it or how it applies to you..so just write it down somewhere and forget about it until your in a point in your training/where it is relevant.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

thanks MANotaur I appreciate it. Like I said the support on here is awesome.

I just got done with my 30 min cardio and still sweating like a pig LOL. I have back workout tonight
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

thanks MANotaur I appreciate it. Like I said the support on here is awesome.
    ManO offers full support, including complimentary reach arounds
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Only if you make it worth my time
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

awesome this is great news then
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  173 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba View Post
    Monsta,

Although the nutrition science discussed here is super valuable, it can be overwhelming, at least for me. Work on getting your macros in order, then start to fine tune your sources of calories and nutrients. We're changing our habits and that takes time. Look at the big stuff and then dig deeper into the minutiae. Just my 10 cents and what I'm trying to do.
    I agree with this. I ate essentially IIFYM style for a while (perfectly fine for altering body composition) and gradually evolved toward eating with my long-term health and lifespan in mind. I probably wouldn't have been able to go directly from eating like crap to eating how I eat now.

That said, I would have appreciated knowing earlier on that steak, whole eggs, potatoes, and white rice are great, healthy dietary staples.
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

bad news I hurt my lower back twisting the wrong way. I have no idea what caused it I know it was just from twisting wrong. Its a sharp pain in my lower back that shoots pain to my groin. so tonight I wont be able to lift. pretty bummed
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  217 lbs.

bad news I hurt my lower back twisting the wrong way. I have no idea what caused it I know it was just from twisting wrong. Its a sharp pain in my lower back that shoots pain to my groin. so tonight I wont be able to lift. pretty bummed
    Keep your head up bro could be nothing
    Purus labs Rep
    doin it mountain dog style in here come along for the shred fest-http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/229302-danbs-mountain-dog.html
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  290 lbs.

Dude, this will happen early in a transformation. You are asking your body to do things it hasn't done in awhile. Don't get bummed, do what you can and keep your diet clean. If it doesn't start to get better, go see a doc or chiropractor. Remember, setbacks will happen and how you react will determine your outcomes. Keep atonsts.
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  210 lbs.

Don't worry about it..take it easy and take a few days off. It happens to the best of us. I've got knee and shoulder pro less and when they flare up i javelin to back off for a week or so...it happens..really no big deal

Just be responsible with it. Remember your still a big boy and your body and joints are throwing around And handling alot of weight that its not used to doing. Its gonna wanna fight back sometime lol. It happens to everybody I've ever trained or worked with that's in your shoes.

Just take a few days off...maybe get a tens unit if you can find one and keep a hot pack on it. You'll loosen back up and yoill jump back into feline like a million bucks after a couple days off
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  325 lbs.

thanks guys for the support and I hope im back tomorrow just a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back and goes to my groin
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

thanks guys for the support and I hope im back tomorrow just a really sharp pain in my lower right side of my back and goes to my groin
    Sounds like blue balls. You'd better get that taken care of.

But really, rest and stretch and it should be gone in a jiffy
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.

Happens to the best of us, rest, stretch and get back to it when the pain is gone. Better to be out a few days than a few months, trust me.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Desperate for new approach to weight loss!
    By shawjs8898 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2012, 06:58 AM
  2. Female very resistant to weight loss
    By oilerfan8 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-16-2009, 08:38 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
  4. I want to start the Deluxe Weight Loss Program ?
    By The Paper Route in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
  5. BF loss in relation to weight loss
    By Crotalus in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 12:02 PM