Critique my diet please!!

  1. New Member
    escalade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    Critique my diet please!!


    I am 34 years old 6'1 292lbs

    9-930 protein bar (pure protein), 1 orange or apple

    12-1230 large salad with chicken

    3-330 2 cups sugar free jello, 14 Breton whole wheat mini crackers

    530-600 chicken and vegetables (cooked in a crock pot)

    I drink about 4-6 (1.5) liter bottles of water a day (water only, no pop or juice)

    I lift light weights 3 times a week and run 2 or 3 times a week for 20 min

    I work 12 hour shifts and don't ever get more then 7 hours sleep. Work days and nights

    Any help, suggestions or comments are welcomed. Once I figure out how to upload a pic I will.

    Thanks

    Escalade

  2. New Member
    escalade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    Here is me last week
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  3. New Member
    michelle82's Avatar
    Stats
    5'0"  114 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    221
    Rep Power
    204017
    Level
    26
    Lv. Percent
    7.47%

    Hey escalade, I don't know about nutrition but I know all the guys in here are very knowledgeable and they can help you out. My coach doc brown is on this site too and her husband is a coach too. You might wanna try to send him an inbox and let him know what you're trying to accomplish. He has a lot of experience and he will be more than happy to help you figure this out. Look for mattys4. Hope this helps!
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,382
    Rep Power
    4091319
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    56.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    What are your goals/ That intake seems rather low for someone your size, thats like my breakfast haha.
  5. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    1g per lb of bodyweight minimum.
    Fats at .5g/lb minimum.
    Carbs come from low gi berries, and lots of greens.

    Until you starting getting below 15% bodyfat, there is NO need for any carbs at any time.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  6. New Member
    escalade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    So could someone provide a sample diet for my weight. The only thing I don't like is fish. Just can't stomach it. I do like tuna from a can.

    I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.

    I'm always strict when I eat and don't need a lot if variety.
  7. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,382
    Rep Power
    4091319
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    56.36%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sample diets are hard to do when we know nothing about dietary habits, dislikes/likes and exercise. Things like that take a long time to do.
    use myfitnesspal.com and google TDEE calculators and use them both to design a plan that works for you.
  8. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by escalade View Post
    So could someone provide a sample diet for my weight. The only thing I don't like is fish. Just can't stomach it. I do like tuna from a can.

    I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions.

    I'm always strict when I eat and don't need a lot if variety.
    Keep it simple.
    Chicken, olive oil, veggies
    Steak, sauerkraut and coconut oil
    Pork with nuts and greens salad
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  9. Senior Member
    Docmattic's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,087
    Rep Power
    54642
    Level
    28
    Lv. Percent
    46.04%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hey Bro,

    I say this assuming you want to loose weight:

    At this point i dont think you have to cut out your carbs. If I were you I would look at reducing your sugar intake. That would be my first step.
    Secondly, Id start by only consuming carbs at breakfast pre and post workout. You are a big guy. Aim for 150g-200g of carbs a day from low gi sources.
    All other meals should be protien and vegetables.

    I would have a plan with somthing like this

    Meal 1
    1 cup of oats
    1 cup of milk
    Microwaved and cooked
    add in 30g protein (1.5 scoops) protein powder and 2 sachets of stevia.

    Meal 2
    180 g tuna
    Vegetables of choice (no potato or starch)

    Meal 3
    200g chicken thighs and vegetables of choice

    Meal 4 (preworkout)
    1 large can of baked beans (sauce washed off in strainer)
    200g Beef or chicken

    Workout**

    Post workout shake
    1.5 cups of frozen berries
    2 scoop protein
    2 sachets of stevia
    1 teaspoon of barley grass

    Blend until ready to drink

    Meal 5
    180 g tuna or 200g chicken
    1 cup of basmati rice (measured cooked)
    Vegetables

    Meal 6
    1 cup of low fat and low sugar cottage cheese
    1 sachet of stevia
    1/2 scoop of protien
    Mix together.


    You just dont want to drop all your carbs out at once. That leaves you know where to go later. However, all of these carbs are fairly low gi and have minimal suger. While i did not measure out the calories for your weight, I'd start with somthing like this and see how you go. If you are low on energy add in some penuts (handful) and fruit with a protein shake between meals or sligthly increase your portion sizes.

    Just remember to cut out your sugar. That will be the hardest first step. Obviously if you dont workout dont have the post workout shake. Additionally, if you dont workout, replace meal 4 with another meal 3 and have baked beans in meal 5 instead of rice.
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  10. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Protein-meat, eggs, cheese
    Fats-avocados, nuts, natty PB, eggs
    Carbs-beans (black, red, etc), quinoa, sweet potatoes, lower GI fruit, oats

    I'll heartily disagree with some advice here. PWO you still want carbs, and you want high GI carbs. Eat a low fat PopTart, a bowl of cap'n crunch, whatever. This'll help with cravings. Otherwise keep your carbs around 150g on non training days.

    Eat 250g+ protein and 70-80g fat. The key for the first 2-3 weeks is changing habits. I'd def. cut out the crackers and non-PWO sugar. Bad news.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  11. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    Protein-meat, eggs, cheese
    Fats-avocados, nuts, natty PB, eggs
    Carbs-beans (black, red, etc), quinoa, sweet potatoes, lower GI fruit, oats

    I'll heartily disagree with some advice here. PWO you still want carbs, and you want high GI carbs. Eat a low fat PopTart, a bowl of cap'n crunch, whatever. This'll help with cravings. Otherwise keep your carbs around 150g on non training days.

    Eat 250g+ protein and 70-80g fat. The key for the first 2-3 weeks is changing habits. I'd def. cut out the crackers and non-PWO sugar. Bad news.
    The more insulin resistant, the less carbs you need
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  12. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    The less carbs he eats now, the faster his metabolism goes to ****.

    Do you think people jump on board with keto & stick with it, or is a gradual change more effective?
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  13. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson52 View Post
    The less carbs he eats now, the faster his metabolism goes to ****.

    Do you think people jump on board with keto & stick with it, or is a gradual change more effective?
    Show me your reference for this? Fat and protein are "essential", carbs are not.

    Eat more protein, body can upregulate it homeostasis and create gluconegenesis I.e. protein to glucose.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  14. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    We're talking real world diet compliance. Again I ask, how sustainable (realistically) is keto for most people who have become overweight because of a (likely) carb-centric lifestyle.

    It's not all science, sometimes you have to walk before you run.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  15. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    For clarification, this is what runner_79 is speaking to;

    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129159/

    I don't disagree, at all, on your stance re;carbs.

    However, I'm approaching OP from a pragmatic standpoint. From MY EXPERIENCE, most people stick to plans longer when lifestyle changes are gradual. In this case, I believe a gradual nudge towards healthier choices would instill a different diet attitude. As we move forward, I believe that's where we can make changes to carb timing, carb restriction, etc.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  16. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    why not just "RIP" the bandaid off straight away instead of easing into it...relapse..."oh it ok, I trained hard today, i'll have some grains". Sure enough, you have eaten the whole packet...

    People need to be accountable for themselves, we cant be vacuum cleaners.

    drop gluten, wheat and minimize dairy exposure (can cause gastric permeability and bloating as lactose is hard to be broken down by some), eat loads of fibrous veggies, lots of fatty grass fed organic meats and stay at a caloric deficit. Get some training in there and slowly but surely, give yourself 30 days at what i am telling you...you WILL BE AMAZED!!!

    minimise stress, get sleep, enjoy others and love life. you'll see your body change.

    quick easy way to determine kcal intake for a sedentary person:-
    bw (in lbs) x 12

    work off that and adjust to your satiety Escalade.
    Trust me, befriend good fats:-
    nuts, seeds, olive oil, red palm oil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar (not an oil).
    loads of broccoli, snow peas, green beans, cauli, capsicum and small amount of squash (keep this very limited)
    organic and free range fowl, grass fed beef, lamb, pork

    ENJOY
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  17. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Hey Bro,

    I say this assuming you want to loose weight:

    At this point i dont think you have to cut out your carbs. If I were you I would look at reducing your sugar intake. That would be my first step.
    Secondly, Id start by only consuming carbs at breakfast pre and post workout. You are a big guy. Aim for 150g-200g of carbs a day from low gi sources.
    All other meals should be protien and vegetables.

    I would have a plan with somthing like this

    Meal 1
    1 cup of oats
    1 cup of milk
    Microwaved and cooked
    add in 30g protein (1.5 scoops) protein powder and 2 sachets of stevia.

    Meal 2
    180 g tuna
    Vegetables of choice (no potato or starch)

    Meal 3
    200g chicken thighs and vegetables of choice

    Meal 4 (preworkout)
    1 large can of baked beans (sauce washed off in strainer)
    200g Beef or chicken

    Workout**

    Post workout shake
    1.5 cups of frozen berries
    2 scoop protein
    2 sachets of stevia
    1 teaspoon of barley grass

    Blend until ready to drink

    Meal 5
    180 g tuna or 200g chicken
    1 cup of basmati rice (measured cooked)
    Vegetables

    Meal 6
    1 cup of low fat and low sugar cottage cheese
    1 sachet of stevia
    1/2 scoop of protien
    Mix together.


    You just dont want to drop all your carbs out at once. That leaves you know where to go later. However, all of these carbs are fairly low gi and have minimal suger. While i did not measure out the calories for your weight, I'd start with somthing like this and see how you go. If you are low on energy add in some penuts (handful) and fruit with a protein shake between meals or sligthly increase your portion sizes.

    Just remember to cut out your sugar. That will be the hardest first step. Obviously if you dont workout dont have the post workout shake. Additionally, if you dont workout, replace meal 4 with another meal 3 and have baked beans in meal 5 instead of rice.
    I agree with Berries, but as he gets leaner, this can be introduced with more detail and at a measured rate.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  18. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Rep Power
    532237
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    47.44%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by runner_79 View Post
    why not just "RIP" the bandaid off straight away instead of easing into it...relapse..."oh it ok, I trained hard today, i'll have some grains". Sure enough, you have eaten the whole packet...

    People need to be accountable for themselves, we cant be vacuum cleaners.

    drop gluten, wheat and minimize dairy exposure (can cause gastric permeability and bloating as lactose is hard to be broken down by some), eat loads of fibrous veggies, lots of fatty grass fed organic meats and stay at a caloric deficit. Get some training in there and slowly but surely, give yourself 30 days at what i am telling you...you WILL BE AMAZED!!!

    minimise stress, get sleep, enjoy others and love life. you'll see your body change.

    quick easy way to determine kcal intake for a sedentary person:-
    bw (in lbs) x 12

    work off that and adjust to your satiety Escalade.
    Trust me, befriend good fats:-
    nuts, seeds, olive oil, red palm oil, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar (not an oil).
    loads of broccoli, snow peas, green beans, cauli, capsicum and small amount of squash (keep this very limited)
    organic and free range fowl, grass fed beef, lamb, pork

    ENJOY
    Seems you're intent on disagreeing and pushing that Paleo agenda.

    Carry on, good luck OP.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.
  19. New Member
    escalade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's responses!!! I'm going to take everyone's advice and put something together.

    I'll keep you updated!

    Thanks again
  20. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    EBF_2356's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,022
    Rep Power
    1873501
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    58.37%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Not pushing paleo, just eat whole foods, limit grains and have a small amount of fruit. Minimal.

    Just get your healthy fats, and eat plenty of good protein. Sleep.
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  21. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,466
    Rep Power
    1861615
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Jump online, figure out your TDEE ( total daily energy expenditure ) in calories, eat at a deficit of 500calories daily. High protein moderate carbs and fats. Make small changes weekly, I found when I used to train people that smaller changes are easier to maintain.
  22. New Member
    escalade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    62%

    So my tdee is about 3500... So if I eat 500 less then this I will lose weight? Or faster if I do 1000 less?

    I still have a large gut and my upper inner legs are well just plain fat!!!

    I am running outside/treadmill 3 days a week for 20 mins.
  23. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,466
    Rep Power
    1861615
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    69.47%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by escalade View Post
    So my tdee is about 3500... So if I eat 500 less then this I will lose weight? Or faster if I do 1000 less?

    I still have a large gut and my upper inner legs are well just plain fat!!!

    I am running outside/treadmill 3 days a week for 20 mins.
    I would start with 500 and go from there. You dont want to much too soon or down the track you'll have nothing to adjust. It's a marathon, not a sprint
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Critique my diet please
    By holota18 in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 02:37 AM
  2. critique my diet please..any help appriciated
    By roland365 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 09:13 PM
  3. Critique my diet, please?
    By joshgruen in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 08:57 PM
  4. Critique my diet....Please!
    By Jon629 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 03:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in