What to do if losing too much weight fast?

  1. New Member
    anteis99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    What to do if losing too much weight fast?


    My physique contest is coming May 11th, 7 weeks out and I weighed myself at 191lbs. Last week on 3/15 I weighed 194.5. I've been cycling my carbs and I'm going as low as 80g's on non workout days 130g's on workout days and 400g's-450g's on refeed days. My current caloric intake is 2050cal. After this upcoming I'm going to be on a keto diet for 5.5weeks. What can I change so I won't drop dramatic weight no more that 1.5lbs per week


  2. Banned
    Alinshop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    80
    Answers
    0

    How much weight do you think you need to lose?

  3. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,124
    Answers
    1

    Eat more?
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

    •   
       

  4. New Member
    anteis99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    I want to be at 180lbs by my competition, I'm going on a keto diet for 5.5 weeks. Eating 2100 calories with one cheat meal a week

  5. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,124
    Answers
    1

    The only way to prevent weight gain is to eat more. Despite keto diets working on paper, there is no evidence that keto dieters will lose more weight than non-ketos under the same calorie and exercise conditions.

    Not that I have anything against keto but just stating that the number 1 reason for weight loss occurs when total calories are less than expenditure.So eat more to slowdown rate of weight loss

    Oh and consume more sodium; if you drop carbs then you need more sodium.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable

  6. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,124
    Answers
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by bulayer View Post
    Dansinger recommends eating a diet that minimizes starches, added sugars, and animal fat from meat and dairy foods. For rapid weight loss, he recommends focusing on fruits, veggies, egg whites, soy products, skinless poultry breasts, fish, shellfish, nonfat dairy foods, and 95% lean meat.
    Soy has so much conflicting evidence that it is best avoided and eating fat doesn't make you fat.

  7. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,815
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    The only way to prevent weight gain is to eat more. Despite keto diets working on paper, there is no evidence that keto dieters will lose more weight than non-ketos under the same calorie and exercise conditions.

    Not that I have anything against keto but just stating that the number 1 reason for weight loss occurs when total calories are less than expenditure.So eat more to slowdown rate of weight loss

    Oh and consume more sodium; if you drop carbs then you need more sodium.
    Yea but keto diets are more fun.... mmm bacon!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  8. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh

    Yea but keto diets are more fun.... mmm bacon!

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    I really do need to take advantage of this again.

  9. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,815
    Answers
    0

    Bacon wrapped asparagus served with pan seared brussels sprouts and steaks...

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1364954990611.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  53.5 KB

    Oh keto dieting is so delicious

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  10. Registered User
    Swanson52's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Age
    39
    Posts
    3,075
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Bacon wrapped asparagus served with pan seared brussels sprouts and steaks...

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1364954990611.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  53.5 KB

    Oh keto dieting is so delicious

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™II using Tapatalk 2
    I see a little piece of meat...where's the STEAK??

    This is probably my #1 fav meal, exactly as you've prepared it. Good stuff.
    Don't worry, man, someday I'ma be nobody too.

  11. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,256
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    Bacon wrapped asparagus served with pan seared brussels sprouts and steaks...

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78 196"/>

    Oh keto dieting is so delicious

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    I'd never seen or heard of bacon wrapped asparagus. Thanks
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  12. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,815
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by breezy11 View Post
    I'd never seen or heard of bacon wrapped asparagus. Thanks
    I wrap just about everything in bacon

    Bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1364958284117.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  37.3 KB
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

  13. Elite Member
    breezy11's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,256
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post

    I wrap just about everything in bacon

    Bacon wrapped jalapeno peppers stuffed with cream cheese

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78 198"/>
    Those look awesome. I'm stocking up on bacon tomorrow.
    PES Representative
    http://pescience.com/insider
    http://selectprotein.com

  14. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh
    Bacon wrapped asparagus served with pan seared brussels sprouts and steaks...

    <img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=78 196"/>

    Oh keto dieting is so delicious

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S(TM)II using Tapatalk 2
    That is freaking awesome. Must cook bacon!

  15. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,124
    Answers
    1

    Bacon is a staple. Bacon wrapped around chicken with avacado. yummm

  16. New Member
    anteis99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    Hey guys a question, I started keto this past Saturday 3/30/13 going on my fifth day. Does anyone know what would be best a full refeed day or just regular diet with cheat meal at the end of the day.

  17. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,868
    Answers
    0

    Your too rapid weight loss is most likely just a first week thing from the keto. You'll see a drop in retained water + glycogen reserves that first week.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

  18. New Member
    anteis99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    I've adjusted my diet and fixed the rapid weight loss to about 1 to 1.5lbs per week since I put this post. I just need some advice on the 7th day of keto; will it be wise to keep the Dave palumbo keto diet and have no cheat meal or refeed day? Should I go 14 days straight or 7 days then a refeed or cheat meal. I'm currently 5 and a half weeks away from my first physique competition, and currently I'm eating 2100cal per day. Refeed day or just a cheat meal?

  19. Senior Member
    double s's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,571
    Answers
    1

    You are also missing the big picture......take the number figure out......how do you think you look? Post some pics and this will help judge...

  20. Elite Member
    Tomahawk88's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    9,086
    Answers
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by anteis99 View Post
    I've adjusted my diet and fixed the rapid weight loss to about 1 to 1.5lbs per week since I put this post. I just need some advice on the 7th day of keto; will it be wise to keep the Dave palumbo keto diet and have no cheat meal or refeed day? Should I go 14 days straight or 7 days then a refeed or cheat meal. I'm currently 5 and a half weeks away from my first physique competition, and currently I'm eating 2100cal per day. Refeed day or just a cheat meal?
    I personally plan on doing 10 days and then have a refeed day. After that initial refeed do 7 day refeeds.

  21. New Member
    anteis99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    25
    Answers
    0

    My most recent picture is my profile picture. I took it 4/2/2013. My competition is 5/11/2013

  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2009, 02:45 PM
  3. What To Do If You Get Caught Cheating ???
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 10:13 AM
  4. What to do if you cant get HCG?
    By BigVrunga in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 11:40 AM
  5. What to do if you see terrorism...
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in