Need vegetarian cutting diet! Help out a noob! Please!

1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

So I'm a hardcore meateater but for religious reasons I am going to need to become a vegetarian for about a month and a half. This means no meat whatsoever, no eggs, no fish, no dairy, no whey, no animal products at all EXCEPT for shellfish! That is the only exception. I need a good cutting diet to use during this time. Also, no soy! I know absolute jack **** about vegetarianism. I am currently on low carb but I'm throwing that out and starting an entirely new diet as soon as this fast begins. Can you guys help me out please? All I ask is that there is no less than 150 grams protein per day but no more than 200. Carbs and fats are negotiable.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

2. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.09%

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post
    So I'm a hardcore meateater but for religious reasons I am going to need to become a vegetarian for about a month and a half. This means no meat whatsoever, no eggs, no fish, no dairy, no whey, no animal products at all EXCEPT for shellfish! That is the only exception. I need a good cutting diet to use during this time. Also, no soy! I know absolute jack **** about vegetarianism. I am currently on low carb but I'm throwing that out and starting an entirely new diet as soon as this fast begins. Can you guys help me out please? All I ask is that there is no less than 150 grams protein per day but no more than 200. Carbs and fats are negotiable.
    breakfast - oatmeal, apple and protein shake for breakfast with maybe a spoon of PB
    lunch - salad, avocado, blueberries, banana w/PB maybe a protein shake
    some broccoli, brown rice, protein shake
    sneak in a handful of almonds somewhere in there
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

3 meals is not quite what I had in mind. I average 6-8 meals per day. I eat roughly every 2-3 hours. Should I also incorporate things like quinoa, beans, seeds, lentils, etc?
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.09%

3 meals is not quite what I had in mind. I average 6-8 meals per day. I eat roughly every 2-3 hours. Should I also incorporate things like quinoa, beans, seeds, lentils, etc?
    my bad bro, just tossing some samples. quinoa is great, beans dont go too hard on, unless its edamame, black beans are high in protein as well.. just make sure you cook them from scratch. lentils are excellent as well. i struggle eating 6-8 meals a day and i been vegetarian for 25 out of 30 years.
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Quote Originally Posted by them0dster View Post
    my bad bro, just tossing some samples. quinoa is great, beans dont go too hard on, unless its edamame, black beans are high in protein as well.. just make sure you cook them from scratch. lentils are excellent as well. i struggle eating 6-8 meals a day and i been vegetarian for 25 out of 30 years.
    So you wouldn't recommend the canned beans? I usually get the low salt organic ones from whole foods. But I can cook them from scratch, the cans are just for convenience. I was planning on using beans and quinoa as my only carbs. Nuts, coconut and avocados as my only fats (no oil), and quinoa or buckwheat pasta on occasion. Also, was gonna use plenty of vegan protein powder.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.09%

u can have them, but even if u wash the hell out of them they still have a ton of salt. it sucks i know. but that salt will bloat the hell out of you
    So you wouldn't recommend the canned beans? I usually get the low salt organic ones from whole foods. But I can cook them from scratch, the cans are just for convenience. I was planning on using beans and quinoa as my only carbs. Nuts, coconut and avocados as my only fats (no oil), and quinoa or buckwheat pasta on occasion. Also, was gonna use plenty of vegan protein powder.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.09%

people dont realize how tough being vegetarian is.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.16%

Quote Originally Posted by them0dster View Post
    u can have them, but even if u wash the hell out of them they still have a ton of salt. it sucks i know. but that salt will bloat the hell out of you
    Meat, eggs and dairy have a ton of salt to. You cant really avoid th salt. I just use the sauna a lot to help with that and do cardio
  9. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    92.61%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Bump only for me to remember what good advice is in the thread! Thanks lads!
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM

Similar Forum Threads

1. cutting diet help!! need feedback..
    By figgy336 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
  2. Anyone in Orlando want to help out a noob?
    By slipondajimmy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 10:58 PM
  3. cutting diet help
    By shutta86 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
  4. NEED LEAN BULKING DIET Help pleasee!
    By newroginny12 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-21-2008, 12:22 PM
  5. need a cutting diet for graveyard shift!!!
    By luxxor in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 05:13 PM