On prednisone again, need help cutting

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Ok so my kidneys are acting up and I'm on prednisone again. I need diet and supplement advice to hopefully offset the side effects and help me stay on track with my cutting and lean muscle preservation during this time! I will be on it for quite some time and a relatively large dose! As of now I have reduced my carbs and, reduced my fats, and kept my protein steady. I am on fluid restriction which sucks and my blood albumin levels are dropping quickly. I have also began taking Serrapeptase, Astragalus and Dong Quai for my kidneys. My normal supplement stack is 4000iu vitamin D, Zinc, vitamin shoppe ultimate man multi, 10 grams B5 for acne, Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, Fish Oil, Jack3D micro, hemavol, Purple Wraath, Modern BCAA. As soon as everything settles down im planning on dropping the hemavol and micro and replacing them with alphamine. Also ordered Green Tea extract and Green coffee bean extract! While on corticosteroids, I'm gonna need all the help I can get, help me out!! Please!! And a doctor doesn't know sh*t about nutrition and all that stuff so im relying on you guys!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.13%

What is your training routine like.?
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Quote Originally Posted by keipei View Post
    What is your training routine like.?
    Monday: Chest
    Tuesday: Back
    Wednesday: Shoulders
    Thursday: Arms
    Friday: Forearms and calfs
    Saturday: Neck, chin ups, rear delts (short workout, just a few min on each)
    Sunday: Legs
    6 days a week of cardio
    Abs every other day
    Chin ups 3 times per week

I've heard of studies saying to take 100mg of dhea with corticosteroids. I guess it helps a lot since corticosteroids essentially drain your adrenal glands within a week or two
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.13%

Well side effects differ rom a patient to a patient, so i do not know how you will react to it. You can ask your doctor about lower dosages, or intermitent use. Be careful because it is your health that is on the line. You need to give your kidney a rest so they recover.
    i think you can use a carb repartitioner like anabolic pump on top of your supplement list. If your main goal is to lose weight do HITT, and look at style of training such as german body composition; full body workout or circuit; you can also look at high rep training.For food you got a lot of ressources here but at the end it is all about using what is right for you. I hope that can help you
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Well side effects differ rom a patient to a patient, so i do not know how you will react to it. You can ask your doctor about lower dosages, or intermitent use. Be careful because it is your health that is on the line. You need to give your kidney a rest so they recover.
    i think you can use a carb repartitioner like anabolic pump on top of your supplement list. If your main goal is to lose weight do HITT, and look at style of training such as german body composition; full body workout or circuit; you can also look at high rep training.For food you got a lot of ressources here but at the end it is all about using what is right for you. I hope that can help you
    Heres the thing....ive been on prednisone off an on all my life, however, in theblast few years I've had extended periods where I was off of it, so I completely overhauled my life, lost weight and became a bodybuilder during those times of not being on it. I recently had a flare up and need to go back on it and I don't want to become what I once was so I'm trying to avoid that at any cost. I'm even working out while sick. I'm currently dehydrated, have very low blood albumin levels and am retaining fluids but I cant tear myself away from the gym. I just don't want to lose my gains and gain weight. I've experienced every side effect in the book and some that werent even mentioned and I just cant imagine having to deal with that again.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.13%

Yes that sucks, i understand how you feel. I hope someone on the forum can help you better than me.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Yes that sucks, i understand how you feel. I hope someone on the forum can help you better than me.
    I'm gonna try DHEA... whats the highest safe dose I can take? I was gonna try 200mg/day
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.13%

50 or a 100 are in the safe dosage from what i remember but it is up to you:
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

50 or a 100 are in the safe dosage from what i remember but it is up to you:
    I read somewhere that ppl were taking anywhere from 100-200 while on prednisone cuz it makes it much stronger so you don't need as much. I'm more worried about the side effects from that than the DHEA
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.67%

Hey BufSpartan I am in the same boat as you. How much pred are you taking daily. Are you splitting the doses. Let me know how the DHEA works. I may consider that also. How long are you going to be on the pred this time and how are they going to cyle you down. I have been there before as much as 160mg a day then tapered to 2mg. I have been off for awhile now taking 40mg for a month then will start to taper. Keep me posted.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.91%

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyegu1y View Post
    Hey BufSpartan I am in the same boat as you. How much pred are you taking daily. Are you splitting the doses. Let me know how the DHEA works. I may consider that also. How long are you going to be on the pred this time and how are they going to cyle you down. I have been there before as much as 160mg a day then tapered to 2mg. I have been off for awhile now taking 40mg for a month then will start to taper. Keep me posted.
    Haven't taken the DHEA yet, afraid of the acne! Would like to though. Currently at 60mg per day, was at 50mg every other day but bumped it up. Took a sup with yohimbe for a couple weeks, and my kidneys started acting up, so I stopped the supp and bumped up the pred

Similar Forum Threads

1. Comment on this please, need help! Cycle info
    By GeeJayEL in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 10:06 PM
  2. Need Help Cutting!!
    By SWOLE16 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM
  3. 17 yr old needs help cutting now
    By WILL DA BEAST in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 4