Carbs?? - AnabolicMinds.com

Carbs??

1. New Member

Carbs??

I'm currently trying to drop body fat and I'm trying to find out how many grams of carbs I should be having per day. Also the best times to consume carbs. I've heard so many different opinions from many people in the gym but everyone seems to have a different view. I'm not a very experienced person when it comes to dieting so any advice would be great. Thanks for taking time to read this

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Hi there!
    I use myfitnesspal with my clients to help with their calories to lose weight. You can also go to exrx.net. I also eat the majority of my carbs at breakfast and before and after my workouts. Hope this helps some.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro
  3. Enhanced Body Formulations

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by leedslad79 View Post
    I'm currently trying to drop body fat and I'm trying to find out how many grams of carbs I should be having per day. Also the best times to consume carbs. I've heard so many different opinions from many people in the gym but everyone seems to have a different view. I'm not a very experienced person when it comes to dieting so any advice would be great. Thanks for taking time to read this
    Back loading works great! But it depends on you diet and training leading up to the meals imo
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
    •   

4. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bikinidiva View Post
    Hi there!
    I use myfitnesspal with my clients to help with their calories to lose weight. You can also go to exrx.net. I also eat the majority of my carbs at breakfast and before and after my workouts. Hope this helps some.
    Agreed! Myfitnesspal is awesome! Such an easy way to log and track nutrition status! Can be useful cutting up or bulking! Most of my carbs immediately post workout!
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hi there!
    Didn't know about this app, thanks!
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Red face

No problem! I love how it has a bar code scanner for foods as well as calories for eating out.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Try cutting carbs off past noon. Except for post/preworkout have a fruit or some sort of simple carb.

Stay away from all processes foods and you'll get shredded within weeks
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

why noon?
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

So you don't carb binge. Having a cut off time helps carb maitenece.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

I have one high carb day a week. I eat them all day that day. It restores some sanity. During the other days, I eat my last meal of carbs 1 hour after training. I happen to train in the am, so I have them done by 1.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Are you still eating high protien on high carb days?

Sounds like a few more weeks and you'll be seeing great results.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

I do keep protein high, but fat goes down. Im getting tighter that's for sure. Thanks for taking interest in me? How's training going for you? Looks like your doing great.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Hi there!
    exrx is a fantastic, no nonsense site.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Smile

Exrx.net is great I agree. I was required to use that to get my degree in Nutrition and Kinesiology.
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Exrx.net is great I agree. I was required to use that to get my degree in Nutrition and Kinesiology.
    Good to know. It is probably the single most helpful, free source out there imo.
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    So you don't carb binge. Having a cut off time helps carb maitenece.
    Couldn't agree more! I'm done with carbs b4 10am everyday on my low days. Works well.

Bean's 1st contest prep (Lecheek last 8 weeks)
    Independent
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

If your burning more then your taking in times have little impact.Alot will disagree but thats how it works.

You can consume most carbs in morning to use for the day or the oppisite take them in at night and not the following morning.If your macros/cals are hit in a defeciet for that day your lose fat/weight.

As for amount find your calorie need(usally 10-14per lb of b/w)then take your weight by 1.5for protein,1-1.2 for carbs and rest from fat.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I disagree. After a certain time carbs turn to fat, you can eat a ****load of carbs and do cardio the next day. Instead of burning 4 calories pre gram of carb, you need to burn 9 cals per grams of fat which the carbs turned into.
  19. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.

I myself keep protein and fat high throughout the day, and ONLY have carbs around my workouts. Especially when I am cutting up. I might drop a carb meal here or there to keep my body humming along. But I love the whole Carb backloading process!

If you think you can do it, try having your carbs pre and post workout and see how your body does with that
    LG Sciences Rep
    "what I say does not constitute as medical advice please check with your medical adviser first"
  20. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  192 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I like my carb cycling. I almost never go below 100 even for contest prep. But we are all different its going to be alot of trial and error until you figure out what works for you. I cheat and use a coach year round LOL
    Lecheek Nutrition Rep
    XCEL SPORTS NUTRITION SPONSORED ATHLETE
    I am here to help please inbox me any questions
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pypp View Post
    I disagree. After a certain time carbs turn to fat, you can eat a ****load of carbs and do cardio the next day. Instead of burning 4 calories pre gram of carb, you need to burn 9 cals per grams of fat which the carbs turned into.
    After a certain amount/time anything turns to fat.

Everybody needs to keep in mind that this person might not be a bodybuilder nor even wanting to be one.Im thinking its a regular guy trying to lose fat,with that in mind im trying to keep it as simple as possable.

I've done low/high carbs(none)fasting,ect.. and i make sure i do everything right and the best thing "i"found is to listen to your body and it'll tell you what it needs(not the cravings)if your getting cravings then your on the right track for fat loss.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

And I agree that you should listen to your body to an extent. If you go on a carb binge, your body will crave for more carbs as little as an hour later to have energy storage (aka fat). Listen to your body but you need will power to determine what to eat not just to eat.
  23. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by ManimalPatB View Post
    I myself keep protein and fat high throughout the day, and ONLY have carbs around my workouts. Especially when I am cutting up. I might drop a carb meal here or there to keep my body humming along. But I love the whole Carb backloading process!

If you think you can do it, try having your carbs pre and post workout and see how your body does with that
    I been doing exact this now for 5 weeks and my stomach is starting to loose alot of fat and tone up. Works awesome!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Carb Cycleing Diet
    By dez/null in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 07:04 PM
  2. Low carb soy pasta, check it out
    By jweave23 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 07:21 PM
  3. Low carb bars, IMPACT carbs!
    By bpdaddy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 8