6 week cut begins in 2 weeks, help me!! Beginner!

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Recently started bodybuilding. Originally started at 60% Bodyfat. Worked out and dieted down to 25%. Began bodybuilding at 25% about 16 months ago and am now at around 13-14% bodyfat. I want to try to get down to 6% bodyfat in 6 weeks! Im trying to look like stallone fyi. I would assume I'm gonna have to lose close to 20 pounds and I need help doing that. Obviously I want to preserve my muscle tissue, but I need to lose this by spring break. I quit bulking in 2 weeks and the diet begins feb 1st and I want to reach my goal by mid March. I honestly don't really know what method to use! ECA? Ketogenic? Low carb? Diet pills? Cardio? Winn? Tren? Clen? Combination? Help me out here!
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  231 lbs.

6% bf is extremely low, and unhealthy as it's very taxing on the body. Why do you want to be at such a low percentage? What are your height and weight currently?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnCaveman View Post
    6% bf is extremely low, and unhealthy as it's very taxing on the body. Why do you want to be at such a low percentage? What are your height and weight currently?
    5' 7", mid 170s. Trying to get "rambo" cut I want to be about 155-160, so 15-20 pound drop.
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training...what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Help me guys!! This is my first real cut!! I've dieted but never done a bodybuilding "cutting diet" Meaning most of my diets have been highly catabolic. I really need help on this
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

find your rough tdee, consume less cals than that. find what macro breakdown works for you. then lastly worry about what supps to use
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by hvactech View Post
    find your rough tdee, consume less cals than that. find what macro breakdown works for you. then lastly worry about what supps to use
    Whats your opinion on going all out ketogenic for 6 weeks and supplementing with oxy elite pro
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffspartan View Post

Whats your opinion on going all out ketogenic for 6 weeks and supplementing with oxy elite pro
    never done keto so i cant say..
    LG Sciences forum representative
    www.lgsciences.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/249846-lg-sciences-would.html
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

Hey there!
    What a great accomplishment! Sounds like your headed in the right direction. There is a lot of different ways to cut. You can manipulate carbs slowly or add cardio. Do you do HITT training? Really works for me!
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
    www.facebook.com/iforcenutrition ; www.facebook.com/#!/cindy.sampsoniforcepro
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by bikinidiva View Post
    Hey there!
    What a great accomplishment! Sounds like your headed in the right direction. There is a lot of different ways to cut. You can manipulate carbs slowly or add cardio. Do you do HITT training? Really works for me!
    I've done HIIT before but I hated it. I'll definitely do it again since i saw good results, but mostly I just need to get diet and supplementation down. Would you recommend carb cycling or keto?
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

What I do is carb cycling. I maintin the same carbs sun-Friday and saturday have a high carb day. I feel full on Saturday, but then in starving the whole next week.
    iForce Sponsored Athlete/B.S. in Nutrition with a Minor in Health and Wellness and Kinesiology
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"   lbs.

Recently started bodybuilding. Originally started at 60% Bodyfat. Worked out and dieted down to 25%. Began bodybuilding at 25% about 16 months ago and am now at around 13-14% bodyfat. I want to try to get down to 6% bodyfat in 6 weeks! Im trying to look like stallone fyi. I would assume I'm gonna have to lose close to 20 pounds and I need help doing that. Obviously I want to preserve my muscle tissue, but I need to lose this by spring break. I quit bulking in 2 weeks and the diet begins feb 1st and I want to reach my goal by mid March. I honestly don't really know what method to use! ECA? Ketogenic? Low carb? Diet pills? Cardio? Winn? Tren? Clen? Combination? Help me out here!
    First decide whether you want to be natural or go the ped route. If the later, six weeks really isn't going to be long enough to get the best results without completely screwing up your metabolism and

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    National Level NPC Competitor
    Sponsored Athlete for Muscle Gauge Nutrition
    www.facebook.com/VanessaValdez.National.Competi tor
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

You want to lose 20lbs in 6 weeks? That is not a good plan at all. Slow it down. 20lbs in 20 weeks if not 40 is more realistic, will maintain more muscle and you won't stuff up your physiological functions.

If you do dabble in clen (which should only be used to aid an already lean person, not as a tool because you're too lazy to take it slow) then do your research..
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Hows this...First 3 weeks, Ketogenic, L Carnitine, Oxy Elite Pro, Stairmaster 20 min/day....Next 2 weeks, carb cycling, ECA, Yohimbe, HIIT...Last Week, low-moderate carb, low fat, high protein, HIIT....All weeks lifting heavy 6 days per week and 6 days of cardio.
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Or I could just Carb Cycle for 6 weeks, no fat, HIIT everyday, and supplement with L Carnitine and Alphamine
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

You can't switch diet protocols in a matter of weeks and expect too see results.. I think you need to do a tad more research.

and FYI if you going to do low carb you need to increase fats, trying to run both will force your body to use protein as a fuel source, which you do not want. Keep carbs high, drop fats and keep protein at a moderate levels.

Don't drop fat and carbs.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    You can't switch diet protocols in a matter of weeks and expect too see results.. I think you need to do a tad more research.

and FYI if you going to do low carb you need to increase fats, trying to run both will force your body to use protein as a fuel source, which you do not want. Keep carbs high, drop fats and keep protein at a moderate levels.

Like I mentioned above, what about Carb cycling, no fat, high protein, HIIT and Alphamine?
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

This^

Do some more research on the diets you are examining. Keto diets are for training your body to use fatty acids and ketones as fuel rather than CHO so you need high fat consumption. Carb cycling is for temporary cycles of cutting though some people use it indefinitely. High carbs on lift days followed by low carb and no carb days allows you to maintain as much LBM as possible while reducing the size of your fat cells. Lean gains is another popular diet but you need mass to start out with that diet otherwise you'll never have that "Sly" physique. That being said these diets take months to work properly and possibly years to master. I think what you're asking for is trouble. Losing twenty pounds in six weeks when you're already lean anyways seems rather unrealistic and definitely unhealthy
    Independent Review
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Hey man! I've done keto diet for 3 months and wouldn't recommend it if your in school or have a hectic work schedule. It's too taxing on the brain with low glucose levels. If you got the time if definatly recommend it, however I've gotten to lower bf % by carb cycling. Try cutting carbs out after 12, eat more veggies, protien, and fat after 12. Only exception would be fruit pre/post workout. Good luck on the cut, the lower bf you go the lower you wanna go. Ill probably be seeing another post from you trying to hit 4 next time haha.
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

What if I do a 7 week cut as opposed to 6 week, do a carb cycling low fat contest prep diet...HIIT training everyday, and try to lose 15 pounds as opposed to 20. Throw in a little carnitine and alphamine and go to town. Is that more realistic?
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

What if I do a 7 week cut as opposed to 6 week, do a carb cycling low fat contest prep diet...HIIT training everyday, and try to lose 15 pounds as opposed to 20. Throw in a little carnitine and alphamine and go to town. Is that more realistic?
    Personally I don't buy supps like the ones you mention because they are only going to make minute differences in physique. Diet in the end is the most important part of any training regimen. 2 lbs per week is more realistic so yes 7 weeks with a goal of 10-15 lbs weight lost is an achievable goal. Research carb cycling so you have a better idea about what carbs you need to take in and when. Break it down so you have a good plan and make sure you meal prep so you don't cheat or fall off the wagon. Just keep in mind that you cannot go low fat and low carb at the same time as high protein because your body will revert to processing protein as its main energy source
    Independent Review
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmFist View Post
    Personally I don't buy supps like the ones you mention because they are only going to make minute differences in physique. Diet in the end is the most important part of any training regimen. 2 lbs per week is more realistic so yes 7 weeks with a goal of 10-15 lbs weight lost is an achievable goal. Research carb cycling so you have a better idea about what carbs you need to take in and when. Break it down so you have a good plan and make sure you meal prep so you don't cheat or fall off the wagon. Just keep in mind that you cannot go low fat and low carb at the same time as high protein because your body will revert to processing protein as its main energy source
    I was gonna use my buddies contest prep diet. He had a pro bodybuilder make it for him so I'd imagine it's pretty decent.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

Don't carb cycle on a "no fat" diet. Since that means sone days you'd literally only be eating protein. Fat loss is about moderation and switching diet habits around. Your talking about a 6-week caffeine induced calorie purge. 20 lbs in 6 weeks is about half a pound a day. Meaning you'd be eating 1750 calories under maintenance. Definitely not healthy.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.

I was gonna use my buddies contest prep diet. He had a pro bodybuilder make it for him so I'd imagine it's pretty decent.
    Fair enough but you should still read up and learn for yourself about dieting. I don't want to come across as a dick but the way you were trying to mix and match keto and carb cycling diets shows your lack of knowledge and experience in these matters. Keep at it and one day you might be the pro selling diet plans
    Independent Review
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

I know how to diet purely to lose fat, but I don't know how to do a muscle preserving cutting diet. Never really done one
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.

20 pounds in 6 weeks will not preserve muscle.
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.

leangains.com will help you along with your cut. Lost 33lbs in 2.5 months on that alone... read all the links, all helpful info. best of luck!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

First off pick a diet and stick with it. Figure out your total daily energy expenditure ( TDEE ) and eat less that that. Realistically a lb a week, maybe two is all your going to lose. If you cut carbs increase fats and vice versa if you cut fats increase your carbs but try to aim and hit your target macros every day.
    Mind and Muscle board representative.
  28. Enhanced Body Formulations REP
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'11"  175 lbs.

Be conservative with calorie calculation.
    Some people OVERESTIMATE kcals by a lot not realising their activity factor.

-Chris
    EBF Rep
    Mobile App
    ...::: EBF REP :::...
    Recompadrol-AAv2-Metabolic Pow(d)er
    THE FUTURE OF LEAN
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  215 lbs.

Do you have pics of your transformation to post. You can achieve a decent amount In 6 weeks but you don't want to lose your hard earned muscle. Takes way more time and effort to build muscle than it does to lose it.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilpit View Post
    Do you have pics of your transformation to post. You can achieve a decent amount In 6 weeks but you don't want to lose your hard earned muscle. Takes way more time and effort to build muscle than it does to lose it.
    No pics unfortunately, at least no shirtless but I do have some fully clothed ones. So I'm slowly cutting down my carbs and fats, keeping my protein steady at 160-200 grams daily. Been doing the stairmaster at level 9 for 15 min, feel like im gonna die. Also got some Green coffee bean extract in the basement, just ordered some cheap green tea extract and trying out PES alphamine. Heard awesome things about it, actually stumbled upon it by accident while researching ECA. Figured it was worth a try since I'm back on prednisone and I may need a little extra help.
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

How are you feeling with the cut in carbs? I always get hungry. That's how I know I doing it right.
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

How are you feeling with the cut in carbs? I always get hungry. That's how I know I doing it right.
    I've cut them maybe in half, plus I just threw in some L carnitine, Green Tea extract, Green coffee bean extract and some alphamine. Seems to be working. I'm always hungry no matter what so I haven't really been noticing any sort of change in that department. Energy is still ok, could be my supps to.
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  117 lbs.

That's one of my favorite combos. Green coffee bean extract and l carnitine!
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.

That's one of my favorite combos. Green coffee bean extract and l carnitine!
    I like it so far! I threw in a little Green Tea extract also since I was reading about the anabolic properties of Green tea on one of the articles a couple of weeks ago. Also threw in the alphamine mostly for muscle preservation and I use it now instead of a preworkout.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  206 lbs.

Good luck man, I am about to try carb cycling myself... I too want to look like SLY!!! Looks beast in bullet to the head, cant wait to see it!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me cut in a week
    By Buffspartan in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 01:34 PM
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:19 AM
  4. Keys trip in June, Help me lose 20lbs.
    By punxweb in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 03:17 PM
  5. M5AA cycle, loss in strength? help me please
    By PIOTREK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-29-2005, 08:02 AM