• 1-6

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
Since eggs are the cheapest source of protein I have discovered,
I eat "at least" a dozen a day, all raw, normally six when i wake up 6 when i go to sleep, usually in a 50g ON protein shake.

I truly believe this is why i have postponed my injectable cycle,
I figure if I am making great gains in size and strength, then why fix what aint broke.

how many do you eat??????? :thumbsup:

ricker1

Awards
Eggs are a cheap source of protein, but if you down them raw, they become pointless. They need to be heated and pasteurized in order for the protein to be used by the body. Some companies sell liquid egg whites that have been, but if you're just doing it Rocky style, I'd do some research on it bro.

I usually eat at least 12/day. Sometimes, if I haven't had them in a few days, I'll down 2 dozen in a day. A dozen for b-fast and a dozen before bed. When I do that for too long, I get sick of them though. I have seriously been contemplating forking out the cash and getting some liquid egg whites to make getting whole food easier and more convenient.

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
Eggs are a cheap source of protein, but if you down them raw, they become pointless. They need to be heated and pasteurized in order for the protein to be used by the body. Some companies sell liquid egg whites that have been, but if you're just doing it Rocky style, I'd do some research on it bro.

I usually eat at least 12/day. Sometimes, if I haven't had them in a few days, I'll down 2 dozen in a day. A dozen for b-fast and a dozen before bed. When I do that for too long, I get sick of them though. I have seriously been contemplating forking out the cash and getting some liquid egg whites to make getting whole food easier and more convenient.
ummmm, i dont know what to say about that..
give me some info sources.

has worked for me for quite some time, if You are right then damn MORE POWER TO PLACEBO EFFECT.

would like some links though.

is egg protein powder cooked?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
6-12!
but only 1 yolk per 6

Chunky

Awards
None, but I eat a bunch of canned tuna (5 cans a day on training day, and 4 on off days)

Physicist

Awards
I read a book from the early 80's written by Vince Girondi. He recommended three dozen a day when bulking!!
I usually get 8 or 9, its so much easier to drink a bunch of eggs (blended in a glass of milk) than it is to cook meat.

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Raw eggs digest just fine.
My BB friend is a nutrition major he told me that a raw egg's protein is only 20 to 30% bioavailable but when you cook them they are 100% available. I do know that an irreversable chemical reaction takes place when an egg is heated

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Raw eggs digest just fine. THe only thing that changes is the Biotin content, nothing more.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
You can do a lot of egg whites, I've gotten up to 125 grams of protein a day from egg whites, just watch the sodium intake with the rest of your diet because egg whites are quite high in sodium.

Bobo: How much biotin should one get from supplements if taking lots of egg whites, I've read that the avidin content of eggs is what causes the biotin impairment, is this true ?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yup. If you are on a high protein diet, you don't have anything to worry about. You get plenty of Biotin.

GonnaBHuge

Awards
None, but I eat a bunch of canned tuna (5 cans a day on training day, and 4 on off days)
Wouldn't there be some concern about high mercury levels from this much tuna per day?

Funny Monkey

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Raw eggs digest just fine. THe only thing that changes is the Biotin content, nothing more.
Raw egg is believed to be more nutritious than cooked egg, but this is not so. Raw albumin contains anti-digestive factors which are destroyed by heating.
Soft boiled and poached eggs are better digested and absorbed than eggs cooked in other ways.
Frying an egg or making an omelette delays its digestion. The yolk is easily digested even by infants.
To kill salmonella, the egg should be boiled for 7 minutes or poached for 5 minutes or each side be fried for 3 minutes.
Egg proteins contribute substantially to the daily nitrogen allowances in Western countries and are generally considered to be highly digestible. However, information is lacking on the true ileal digestibility of either raw or cooked egg protein. The recent availability of stable isotope-labeled egg protein allowed determination of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein by means of noninvasive tracer techniques. Five ileostomy patients were studied, once after ingestion of a test meal consisting of 25 g of cooked 13C- and 15N-labeled egg protein, and once after ingestion of the same test meal in raw form. Ileal effluents and breath samples were collected at regular intervals after consumption of the test meal and analyzed for 15N- and 13C-content, respectively. The true ileal digestibility of cooked and raw egg protein amounted to 90.9 ± 0.8 and 51.3 ± 9.8%, respectively. A significant negative correlation (r =
0.92, P < 0.001) was found between the 13C-recovery in breath and the recovery of exogenous N in the ileal effluents. In summary, using the 15N-dilution technique we demonstrated that the assimilation of cooked egg protein is efficient, albeit incomplete, and that the true ileal digestibility of egg protein is significantly enhanced by heat-pretreatment. A simple 13C-breath test technique furthermore proved to be a suitable alternative for the evaluation of the true ileal digestibility of egg protein
you can read the entire paper http://www.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/128/10/1716

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

1. It was done on ileostomy patients which is FAR different than normal men. The reason they had an ileostomy is because they have some sort of GI disorder.

"When the colon and rectum are removed, the surgeon performs an ileostomy to attach the bottom of the small intestine (ileum) to the stoma."

Raw egg is believed to be more nutritious than cooked egg, but this is not so. Raw albumin contains anti-digestive factors which are destroyed by heating.

2. Raw egg white is supposedly contains Ovomucoid which is a trypsin inhibitor but its has not been shown to inhibit human trypsin

"It has been suggested that the reduced digestibility of raw egg white is at least partially related to the presence of trypsin inhibitors in raw egg white (Matthews 1990). Ovomucoid is quantitatively the most important trypsin inhibitor (Gilbert 1971, Kassell 1970). Ovomucoid, however, does not react with human trypsin and, moreover, is relatively heat stable (Kasell 1970). Whether other egg trypsin inhibitors (e.g., ovoinhibitor or papain inhibitor) interfere with the digestibility of unprocessed egg white protein is unknown."

So you need to take this study with a grain of salt. You are measureing straight leucine enriched egg white against straight cooked egg white. This isn't representive of a true meal and does not take into accoutn nitrogen retention due to other factors (as in high protein content) and also increased digestive enzymes DUE to high protein content.

The problem with tracer methods is that they have shown to be inconsistent when comparing liquid meals to whole meals (due to difference rates of gatric emptying). I don't know why anyone would eat raw egg whites anyway unless they put them in a shake. Then the digetbility issue becomes even more confusing.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
You can do a lot of egg whites, I've gotten up to 125 grams of protein a day from egg whites, just watch the sodium intake with the rest of your diet because egg whites are quite high in sodium.

Bobo: How much biotin should one get from supplements if taking lots of egg whites, I've read that the avidin content of eggs is what causes the biotin impairment, is this true ?

Are you saying you have gotten up to eating 36 eggs a day?

Also why do you throw out the yolks?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I just can not do raw eggs. I can get by with the taste and all, but salmonella has been drilled into my head over the years. So, I always cook mine. I may be wrong, but I don't think I'm going to get THAT much more benefit by going with raw. I also want to enjoy my meals. Egg whites and a good hot sauce sometimes makes me happy. :D

Also, I watched a special on Dateline, or another similar program, where an egg company got performing less than desirable work ethics. The company would take their expired eggs from the stores, remove them from the cartons, then mix the eggs with the fresh eggs being packaged and placed back into the stores.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree. I don't like raw eggs either.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wouldn't there be some concern about high mercury levels from this much tuna per day?
This has overblow somewhat but if you are concerned, switch to albacore. The problem is eliminated.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I don't like raw eggs either.
Rocky sheds a tear, raw eggs are the philly way you know that. LOL

So bobo seriously protein from the drinking the eggs is still useable and fine it just increases the risk of salmonella

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sure its fine but I wouldn't eat them in large quantities alone. If you do, you have other problems! LOL....

The majortiy of the difference in most studies showing different rates of absortion has more to do with gatric emptying than anything. This is one of the reasons why cassein can be show superior to whey but you have to look at the larger picture.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Sure its fine but I wouldn't eat them in large quantities alone. If you do, you have other problems! LOL....

The majortiy of the difference in most studies showing different rates of absortion has more to do with gatric emptying than anything. This is one of the reasons why cassein can be show superior to whey but you have to look at the larger picture.
LOL other problems huh, I have plenty of "those" problems already, or atleast the people around me think so. LOL

But I read ya loud and clear :thumbsup:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
haha Bobo knows everything
will eat more tuna starting now. :thumbsup:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell no, I dont know everything. If I did I would know how to install this supercharger on my SUV. :rofl:

Hell even the researchers don't know. They even state that the majority of the process' are "unknown".

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hell no, I dont know everything. If I did I would know how to install this supercharger on my SUV. :rofl:

Hell even the researchers don't know. They even state that the majority of the process' are "unknown".

Bobo leave that to the Gear heads,your a muscle head

Auto & Truck **** requires a different kind of testosterone...LOL

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah really. With all this computer **** you have to do and the number of parts, it scares the hell out of me. I fill fork over the money for someone to do it.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
i'll install your supercharger if you train me :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are a certified Magna Charger technician, thats a deal! :D

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
so what is the chance to get salmonella from eating row eggs?

I eat them raw once in a while... people do this:eek: and tell me I'm gonna die. LOL

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is always a chance, but its usually overblown.

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
hmm i'm not certified ... and i've never actually installed a supercharged, BUT i have installed a turbo not to mention tons of other work
...however i'm not in florida and there is no logistical way for me to do this haha

you can still train me for free, after all isn't it the thought that counts

hahahahah, in all seriousness though i'll probably be signing up around march when it's time to cut, i want to preserve as much muscle as i possibly can while dieting down for a contest in june

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds good to me.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
so what is the chance to get salmonella from eating row eggs?
I eat them raw once in a while... people do this:eek: and tell me I'm gonna die. LOL
I've heard it happens "once in a while". So if you eat them "once in a while", then you have a "once in a while chance." :D LOL!

kelsey

Awards
  • Established
I have read one in 20,000 eggs contain it,

I would sya that WAY more would carry the bacteria/virus??? on the outside of the shell.
you know form chicken pee/feces/broken yolks in the box etc.

that is why i always rinse and scrub mine in hot water first, always.

good info guys thx

Chunky

Awards
GonnaBHuge :

Like Bobo said, it is not a problem.
I got tested a while ago for high mercury level because I was sceptical too about this, but the hospital didn't call back so it's mean that everything is alright.

High mercury level could be found in fresh tuna, but in canned tuna, everything is fine.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
GonnaBHuge :
High mercury level could be found in fresh tuna, but in canned tuna, everything is fine.
That is not accurate. Mercury can be found in canned tuna as well as fresh. What Bobo said was switch to Albacore, and the problem is eliminated. I believe Albacore swim at a deeper water level, therefore they are not subjected to the toxins in the air pollution, such as mercury.

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is not accurate. Mercury can be found in canned tuna as well as fresh. What Bobo said was switch to Albacore, and the problem is eliminated. I believe Albacore swim at a deeper water level, therefore they are not subjected to the toxins in the air pollution, such as mercury.

Dam Cuff's good info,who told you that Flipper....LOL. can you tell it's a slow day at the office.... :rofl:

Chunky

Awards
Well, you probably right. So what I said what not necessarily true, then inaccurate, but I think that the hospital test was accurate. Therefore, if Im alright, why another one would not be ?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I believe the biggest concern for merury levels is more geared towards children and pregnant females. Something with the mecury affecting children's brain development. I don't believe it's such a concern for adults, and it has been exaggerated.

The feds used to closely monitor the fishing industry when this problem was brought to light. Then, over the years, they became laxed and now allow the industry to police themselves. As a result, higher merury levels are being found. Also, if they enforced stricter regulations on the fishing industry, you would see the prices of tuna and other top swimming fish skyrocket.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Are you saying you have gotten up to eating 36 eggs a day?

Also why do you throw out the yolks?
Well I used Lana's egg whites, not actual eggs. I just count the grams of protein. It's just too convenient that way and I hate cooking.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Well I used Lana's egg whites, not actual eggs. I just count the grams of protein. It's just too convenient that way and I hate cooking.
LOL...lazy ass! You need to get ya a good woman! :D

wimpy

Awards
what are the macros for one egg minus the yolk?

and don't they make your shakes kind of slimy?

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i throw about 6-12 raw eggs down per day, generally blended up in some concoction of milk, oatmeal, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, etc. good shiznitz.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i throw about 6-12 raw eggs down per day, generally blended up in some concoction of milk, oatmeal, peanut butter, protein powder, honey, etc. good shiznitz.
I get four at breakfast, couple more in shake like Beelzebub. :cheers:

SeaHawk22

Awards
This has overblow somewhat but if you are concerned, switch to albacore. The problem is eliminated.

I thought albacore was high in mercury and chunk light was lower in mercury?

SeaHawk22

Rebel

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Is there a better way to get the yoke out of the raw egg. Right now I use a spoon and I always break the dam thing.
:hammer:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
just crack it in half and dump the egg from shell to shell to get all the whites out

Jumbo eggs are the best, alot more egg white for your $

Edge

Awards
Isnt eating such ridiculous amounts of eggs a little harsh on the saturated fat? I mean...5 eggs a day is like 8 grams of sat fat and 25 grams of total fat!
I love whole eggs. I could eat a dozen in one shot (frittata) noooo problem!.