Medical Procedures for weight loss - AnabolicMinds.com

Medical Procedures for weight loss

  1. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    Medical Procedures for weight loss


    Well, wasn't quite sure where to post this one... Perhaps move if felt like this is the incorrect section?

    Anyways, as I posted on another topic, I'm at 9% BF and still don't have visible lower abs. Which annoys the sh1t out of me. Anyways, a little background.

    When I was 16 years old, I weighted ~270 lbs at 5'10'' or so. Needless to say, well overweight. At 16.5 I dropped down to 160 in about 4 months. miss those days.

    Anyways. It seems as I have a lot from those days. No mater how much I drop, it seems as I regain everything with just one week of bad eating / no workout (I recently went on a business trip for 14 days, didn't even splurge that much on food, just had drinks that I don't usually and didn't eat my usual diet, I gained 20lbs in those 2 weeks. 15lbs after the water weight dropped a bit). So it seems as the fat cells from my fat days are still here with force.

    I don't know if this old myth is still holding true or if I'm just outdated, but back in the day I remember there was the comment that you would never "burn" or lose your fat cells, they would simply deflate. Is that still accurate?

    My thought was that perhaps having them removed through some surgery, let it be liposuction, or laser liposuction, or even something on the lines of L-Carnitine injection or whatnot. Just wanted to try to figure out if there is anything that could be done to remove them or if it is just soemthing that I have to get used to and is dictated by genetics.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html

  2. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    For the most part, fat cells simply change in size and do not decrease in number. They can increase in number with age and weight gain and I've seen some evidence that tren actually can cause fat cell death, but nothing definitive (not advocating tren for you). This particular scenario is most likely a result of your obesity as a child and any cosmetic surgery may just be temporary.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    For the most part, fat cells simply change in size and do not decrease in number. They can increase in number with age and weight gain and I've seen some evidence that tren actually can cause fat cell death, but nothing definitive (not advocating tren for you). This particular scenario is most likely a result of your obesity as a child and any cosmetic surgery may just be temporary.
    So the removal of the fat cells that already exist wouldn't prevent new ones from being formed? i.e. wouldn't I have to get fat again for them to reappear?

    My thought process was; fat cells do not decrease in number, simply change in size; I triggered a crap load of them to form when I was obese as a child - there is a lot of fat cells now in my body and therefore I gain weight a lot easier than the average joe because of the per-existence of these cells - I remove / kill the fat cells I have and would need to get relatively a lot fatter later for them to reappear.

    Would that not be the case then?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
    •   
       

  4. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    So the removal of the fat cells that already exist wouldn't prevent new ones from being formed? i.e. wouldn't I have to get fat again for them to reappear?

    My thought process was; fat cells do not decrease in number, simply change in size; I triggered a crap load of them to form when I was obese as a child - there is a lot of fat cells now in my body and therefore I gain weight a lot easier than the average joe because of the per-existence of these cells - I remove / kill the fat cells I have and would need to get relatively a lot fatter later for them to reappear.

    Would that not be the case then?
    This is something that is highly individualized depending where each person gains fat first, but, IMO, your issue is a mix of extra skin and fat cells. I'm not sure what timeframe is necessary for lipogenesis, but you might be looking at small variations in weight triggering the regeneration of the fat cells in the lower abs. You could try something like Helios for this.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Senior Member
    bla55's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,776
    Rep Power
    33853

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    This is something that is highly individualized depending where each person gains fat first, but, IMO, your issue is a mix of extra skin and fat cells. I'm not sure what timeframe is necessary for lipogenesis, but you might be looking at small variations in weight triggering the regeneration of the fat cells in the lower abs. You could try something like Helios for this.
    Not quite familiar with Helios, what would that be?
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  6. Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,047
    Rep Power
    919684

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bla55 View Post
    Not quite familiar with Helios, what would that be?
    Injectable clen, yohimbine, and other items.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,635
    Rep Power
    1561172

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Lipo will forever **** your Leptin levels IMO
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Ergopharm AMP for weight loss
    By Syr in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:58 PM
  2. Water Beats Ephedra For Weight Loss
    By Sheesh in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 11:23 AM
  3. Bromocriptine for Weight Loss
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 08:41 PM
  4. Thyroid Hormone for Weight Loss
    By WYD02 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 11:45 AM
  5. Meditation for Weight Loss and Well Being
    By Sheesh in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 12:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in