How many carbs to start when cutting

  1. How many carbs to start when cutting


    My question is for a 16 week cut for competition where would I start off with carbs and how much and how often will I decrease them


  2. Quote Originally Posted by anteis99 View Post
    My question is for a 16 week cut for competition where would I start off with carbs and how much and how often will I decrease them
    What level are you at right now? And at your current calorie/activity level are you gaining, losing or maintaining weight?
    •   
       


  3. I'm 6 foot tall 205lbs around 16% body fat. Maintenance level for calories 2900 cals. So I was calculating for a cut I would eat 2300 cals but I'm not sure about the carbs because I'm feel as though I'm sensitive to carbs. Where would I start off? Any help

  4. Quote Originally Posted by anteis99 View Post
    I'm 6 foot tall 205lbs around 16% body fat. Maintenance level for calories 2900 cals. So I was calculating for a cut I would eat 2300 cals but I'm not sure about the carbs because I'm feel as though I'm sensitive to carbs. Where would I start off? Any help
    When I cut for a contest I start at 1.25-1.5g/lb bw protein, .3-.4g/lb bw fat, and fill in the rest with carbs to reach my daily calorie limit.

  5. Do I drop the carbs each week or cycle them?
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by anteis99 View Post
    Do I drop the carbs each week or cycle them?
    Up to you, I prefer cycling because I feel better and retain more muscle that way, but its really independent to each person
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. How many people slant back when working lats?
    By phasar in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
  2. How many carbs to cut?
    By someguy1984 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-18-2008, 10:08 AM
  3. How many Carbs per day to BULK???
    By JordyRoc in forum Bulking
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Log in
Log in