6 week cut - KETO/Leangains Hybrid

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    6 week cut - KETO/Leangains Hybrid


    Yooooooo

    Thought I would start a thread to track the next 6 weeks of my cutting.

    In the past I have had good results from both keto and leangains - leangains timing really works well for me and due to my bloating on carbs I feel combining it with a low carb Keto diet will work well, should also help with the carb cravings!

    I am currently using an FST-7 5 day split with sunday and wednesday as my off days.
    Cardio on keto will be max 2 times a week due to wanting to keep my energy stores for lifting!
    My weekly re-feed will be every sunday and will not be going by the IF guidelines - I will be refeeding all day - med protein high carbs and low fat. My feeding window will be between 2-4 hours with a 20-22 hour fast each day - this worked best for me as I feel like crap after eating so much and don't want to eat again

    diet is as follow but meats will very from day to day.

    MEAL 1 - 6pm
    200gm beef pattie 52.4 17.6 0 351
    50gm bacon 10 10.5 0 135
    2 fried eggs 12.6 10 1 144
    Tasty cheese 50gm 12 18 2 210
    Freya sandwhich thin 5 1 18 115
    Totals: 92 57 21 955


    Meal 2 - 8pm
    200gm chicken 64 8 0 300
    50gm bacon 10 10.5 0 135
    2 fried eggs 12.6 10 1 144
    Tasty cheese 50gm 12 18 2 210
    Totals: 99 45 3 789


    191p 102f 24c 1784cal


    Current stats as of this morning are

    5ft 11" -
    198.5lb - around 22% bf
    22y.o

    goal would be to get <185lb in 6 weeks - 180lb would be unreal.

    Long term goal is to get to <15% and around 175lb but as I have a holiday in 6 weeks this will be the first hurdle!

    IT ON!

  2. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Just had my first meal!

    2 peices of bacon, 2 fried eggs, a monster minced beef burger, cheese all in a sandwich thin with a touch of carbless mayo.... This is gonna b fun
  3. New Member
    staug272's Avatar
    Stats
    5'4"  168 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    33
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    38.1%

    in for the run want to see the progress
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    woke up this morning weighing in at 196.4lb - would have dropped a decent amount of water due to the amount of carbs eaten on sunday!

    NOTE: Low carb on leangains is a walk in the park compared with a standard Keto diet.

    Hitting shoulders today - will be interesting to see what my strength and energy is like
  5. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    im in. doing same diet
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  6. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    im in. doing same diet
    how you finding it mate?
  7. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post

    how you finding it mate?
    dropping weight extremely fast. had to bring my cals up to mantanance. i wanna see how it works out for u.

    2-4.... thats a tight eating window!
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  8. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Cool


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    dropping weight extremely fast. had to bring my cals up to mantanance. i wanna see how it works out for u.

    2-4.... thats a tight eating window!

    good to hear - will also be altering calories week by week depending on what I'm losing, on really low cal at the moment so pretty sure I'll be adding more bacon, cheese and eggs at some point

    got way stronger results when I have a shorter feeding window last time - didn't seem to lose any muscle.. probably thanks to the DAA, bcaas and creatine. And it means I have a huge feed to look forward to when I get home haha

    any ideas on how to stop my muscles from becoming flat when on keto? I heard a higher amount of sodium helps - pretty sure the bacon's got that covered
  9. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post

    good to hear - will also be altering calories week by week depending on what I'm losing, on really low cal at the moment so pretty sure I'll be adding more bacon, cheese and eggs at some point

    got way stronger results when I have a shorter feeding window last time - didn't seem to lose any muscle.. probably thanks to the DAA, bcaas and creatine. Means I have a huge feed to look forward to when I get home haha

    any ideas on how to stop my muscles from becoming flat when on keto? I heard a higher amount of sodium helps - pretty sure the bacon's got that covered

    i was thinking about using creatine also but decided to save it for later.
    never heard that about the extra sodium. im actually on my 6th week now. i usualy carb up on saterdays which may be to often. how low are u going on carbs, looks like ur shiotung for under 20g a day
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  10. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    i was thinking about using creatine also but decided to save it for later.
    never heard that about the extra sodium. im actually on my 6th week now. i usualy carb up on saterdays which may be to often. how low are u going on carbs, looks like ur shiotung for under 20g a day
    I heard it helps a bit with vascularity - maybe I just love the salt haha.

    yeh I was looking at a carb up every sunday but I'm thinking of sticking to the LG eating window.

    tryna hit <25g a day. Added these sandwhich thins to my first meal so its more of a burger - they have about 18gm carbs so that + the small amount of carbs in the meat/eggs/cheese ends up around 23/24.

    What are you shooting for? short eating window makes low carb easy as fuuuuuq
  11. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post

    What are you shooting for? short eating window makes low carb easy as fuuuuuq
    im just trying to stay in 40s or below. i have been slowly creeping lower.

    it makes it ez but getting all the cals in that short times got to be ruff.

    im only going to go a few more weeks. and keep tightening the carb n cheat day belt. i cant wait to eat a real breakfast b4 12 on a saterday morning.

    but prob stay with the lean gains for week days minus keto, carbs are so tasty
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  12. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    im just trying to stay in 40s or below. i have been slowly creeping lower.

    it makes it ez but getting all the cals in that short times got to be ruff.

    im only going to go a few more weeks. and keep tightening the carb n cheat day belt. i cant wait to eat a real breakfast b4 12 on a saterday morning.

    but prob stay with the lean gains for week days minus keto, carbs are so tasty
    I react really bad to carbs, feel lethargic and hold a sh1t load of water so 25 suits me good. and yeh, an actual breakfast would be mint haha

    got a good simple recipe for a chicken brown rice dish - can't wait till sunday! till then my huge bacon egg and beef/chicken burgers will have to do. still think its the easiest diet I've done so far!

    Anyway I hit shoulders today - energy was good, strength was still there. will be interesting to see what my strength is like come end of the week when my muscles are depleted
  13. New Member
    j843's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    74
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    43.07%

    How do you go all day without food bro? I'm doing IF now from the 4-8 window and by 4pm im literally ready to pass out from hunger. Taking EC 3-4x a day, 2+ gallons of water and green tea/coke zero pretty much every second...

    Good luck though bro, im loving IF so far, but im having alot of problems not binging after my last meal due to hunger...
  14. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by j843 View Post
    How do you go all day without food bro? I'm doing IF now from the 4-8 window and by 4pm im literally ready to pass out from hunger. Taking EC 3-4x a day, 2+ gallons of water and green tea/coke zero pretty much every second...

    Good luck though bro, im loving IF so far, but im having alot of problems not binging after my last meal due to hunger...
    I've done it for about 6 weeks before and you kinda get used to not eating during the day. I just workout on lunch and go for a smoko break outside away from food on my other 2 breaks. chewing sugar free gum helps!

    I time my eating so my first meal is at 6 (when I get home from work) and the next is about 8.. if you have 1800cal over 2 meals in 2 hours with only 25gm carbs.. you definetely don't feel like eating again that night haha
  15. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Came in at 195.7 this morning - Still sheeding some water by the look of it. should be starting to get some good fat loss the next 3 days before my re-feed.

    decided for my re-feed I'm gonna stick to leangains protocol but just swap the carb and fat ratios around. also going to eat maintenance instead of my strong deficit

    feeling quite tired this morning, will be smashing back the black coffee's today!

    10/12/2012 - 198.5
    11/12/2012 - 196.4
    12/12/2012 - 195.7
  16. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    anychance anyone has tried Erase + AT2 + ECA?

    I've done the OEP + AT2 stack before and got some good results, have also heard alot of people adding erase in - but from my understanding ECA is a bit stronger than OEP.. any suggestions?

    NOTE: I have a good tolerance to stims from the high OEP doses I was using + the strong nightlife I used to live
  17. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    never heard of that combo. EC is the shiit.
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  18. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    never heard of that combo. EC is the shiit.
    might have to give it a try, will be good to see if I can get it in the country.

    Anyway I've noticed a massive decrease in energy today especially at the gym - still powered through and kept the intensity high.. strength was still good, just felt really tired and zoned. not sure if its the lack of carbs or my 7 hour sleep last night - eca might be good for this!
  19. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Rep Power
    1861626
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann
    Yooooooo

    Thought I would start a thread to track the next 6 weeks of my cutting.

    In the past I have had good results from both keto and leangains - leangains timing really works well for me and due to my bloating on carbs I feel combining it with a low carb Keto diet will work well, should also help with the carb cravings!

    I am currently using an FST-7 5 day split with sunday and wednesday as my off days.
    Cardio on keto will be max 2 times a week due to wanting to keep my energy stores for lifting!
    My weekly re-feed will be every sunday and will not be going by the IF guidelines - I will be refeeding all day - med protein high carbs and low fat. My feeding window will be between 2-4 hours with a 20-22 hour fast each day - this worked best for me as I feel like crap after eating so much and don't want to eat again

    diet is as follow but meats will very from day to day.

    MEAL 1 - 6pm
    200gm beef pattie 52.4 17.6 0 351
    50gm bacon 10 10.5 0 135
    2 fried eggs 12.6 10 1 144
    Tasty cheese 50gm 12 18 2 210
    Freya sandwhich thin 5 1 18 115
    Totals: 92 57 21 955

    Meal 2 - 8pm
    200gm chicken 64 8 0 300
    50gm bacon 10 10.5 0 135
    2 fried eggs 12.6 10 1 144
    Tasty cheese 50gm 12 18 2 210
    Totals: 99 45 3 789

    191p 102f 24c 1784cal

    Current stats as of this morning are

    5ft 11" -
    198.5lb - around 22% bf
    22y.o

    goal would be to get <185lb in 6 weeks - 180lb would be unreal.

    Long term goal is to get to <15% and around 175lb but as I have a holiday in 6 weeks this will be the first hurdle!

    IT ON!
    I love the warrior diet bro! 20 hours fasting is pretty nuts tho!
  20. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post

    might have to give it a try, will be good to see if I can get it in the country.

    Anyway I've noticed a massive decrease in energy today especially at the gym - still powered through and kept the intensity high.. strength was still good, just felt really tired and zoned. not sure if its the lack of carbs or my 7 hour sleep last night - eca might be good for this!
    i usually feel week as hell first week. but then start getter stronger.
    u have CVS or riteaid where u r. r u in usa
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  21. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    I love the warrior diet bro! 20 hours fasting is pretty nuts tho!
    wassup bro! good to have you back haha. yeh I find it works a lot better for me than the standard 16-8 split only hard part is getting through the work day without anything more than water and the occasional can of coke zero when I'm desperate.

    Looking at ECA to help with appetite and energy.


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    i usually feel week as hell first week. but then start getter stronger.
    u have CVS or riteaid where u r. r u in usa
    Sweet I will see how I feel after my sunday carb-up. looks like I'm having a pre christmas bbq so will have to make up a nice sweet potato salad and some sort of brown rice dish.

    I'm in NZ man, pretty limited when it comes to anything performance enhancing - even a lot of basic supplements from bb.com seem to be reformulated when sent here which is pretty average. Might have to try my luck with importing!
  22. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    nz.... wheres thar
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  23. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    nz.... wheres thar
    New Zealand bro, below Australia
  24. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    ooo... lol... drugstores carry bronkaid or other breathing meds. psyodoephedrine or just order online . its illigal as dietary sup; but u need it for beathing probs
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  25. New Member
    j843's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    74
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    43.07%

    Bro if I were you I would try and get some carbs in, doing IF alone should get you lean as hell... but drop the carbs on your off days

    I feel like complete **** on keto, i dont know how i could handle doing keto on IF lol.
  26. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    ooo... lol... drugstores carry bronkaid or other breathing meds. psyodoephedrine or just order online . its illigal as dietary sup; but u need it for beathing probs
    I might have to look into it, I've been able to get a few things in before so worst case I'll give that a try. Cheers bro

    Quote Originally Posted by j843 View Post
    Bro if I were you I would try and get some carbs in, doing IF alone should get you lean as hell... but drop the carbs on your off days

    I feel like complete **** on keto, i dont know how i could handle doing keto on IF lol.
    haha I'll see how I feel for the first few weeks on this before thinking about adding a few more carbs in on training days, will still be keen to keep them at <100!
  27. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Rep Power
    1861626
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01
    ooo... lol... drugstores carry bronkaid or other breathing meds. psyodoephedrine or just order online . its illigal as dietary sup; but u need it for beathing probs
    Man straight up everything that works is illegal or prescription only. Over half of nutras line alone is illegal over this neck of the woods. It's just not fair lol
  28. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Man straight up everything that works is illegal or prescription only. Over half of nutras line alone is illegal over this neck of the woods. It's just not fair lol
    yep, in the way of proven supps we are pretty much limited to creatine and DAA and bcaa's... it's a hard knock life


    On another note, I am down another .2lb this morning but will do an official weigh sunday morning before re-feed - will continue Sunday morning pre carb-up weigh ins for the rest of the 6 weeks.

    Have been skulling back the coffee until I get my hands on some ECA and AT2 - also not having a smoke before workout seems to help a bit!
  29. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Rep Power
    1861626
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann

    yep, in the way of proven supps we are pretty much limited to creatine and DAA and bcaa's... it's a hard knock life

    On another note, I am down another .2lb this morning but will do an official weigh sunday morning before re-feed - will continue Sunday morning pre carb-up weigh ins for the rest of the 6 weeks.

    Have been skulling back the coffee until I get my hands on some ECA and AT2 - also not having a smoke before workout seems to help a bit!
    Good luck getting ECA through customs bro!
  30. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    u cant get bronkaid???
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  31. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    Good luck getting ECA through customs bro!
    Perfect time of year


    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    u cant get bronkaid???
    Will have to have a look - will probably require a signature or prescription... nz is locked down!
  32. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann View Post

    Perfect time of year

    Will have to have a look - will probably require a signature or prescription... nz is locked down!
    i thought it was bad in the US
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  33. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Rep Power
    1861626
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01

    i thought it was bad in the US
    Honestly bro you guys have it good!
  34. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by murk01 View Post
    i thought it was bad in the US
    I would love it if nz was as strict as the U.S - all kinds of gains!


    Anyway I weighed myself this morning after having a huge carb-up yesterday (around 450gm carbs - also didn't follow the leangains protocol)
    And I am at 196.6lb which is about 1.7/1.8 lb down this week.

    Back on leangains/keto as of this morning - lets see how this week treats me
  35. Senior Member
    murk01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,229
    Rep Power
    683048
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    36.27%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    keep it up boss
    GAME ON! MOVAH FUKAZ!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/231867-man-sports-gameday.html#post4047619
  36. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    194.6lb as of this morning. massive drop for some reason - I actually ate about 50gm of carbs yesterday and thought I would be heavier today.. strange.

    anyway thats a drop from 198.4 to 194.6 in about 8 days.

    end of week weigh in will be interesting!
  37. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    not sure if anyone is still following this but going to keep it updated anyway!

    Yesterday and the day before I stopped the keto side of things and brough back some carbs due to me feeling like a weak little girl in the gym haha

    Not sure if I react well with carbs while cutting but I had a massive drop last night - haven't been this light in years!

    Dropped to 191.7lb - had to weigh again because I thought the scales were off but the second weigh in was 191.56lb - not sure what happened here but I am stoked about it haha thats a drop from 198.5 in about a week and a half - 7ish pounds? maybe need to up my cals a bit.. weights literally falls off at my feet.

    training back today, feeling energized - gonna smash it
  38. Professional Member
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,483
    Rep Power
    1861626
    Level
    64
    Lv. Percent
    74.43%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jpblann
    not sure if anyone is still following this but going to keep it updated anyway!

    Yesterday and the day before I stopped the keto side of things and brough back some carbs due to me feeling like a weak little girl in the gym haha

    Not sure if I react well with carbs while cutting but I had a massive drop last night - haven't been this light in years!

    Dropped to 191.7lb - had to weigh again because I thought the scales were off but the second weigh in was 191.56lb - not sure what happened here but I am stoked about it haha thats a drop from 198.5 in about a week and a half - 7ish pounds? maybe need to up my cals a bit.. weights literally falls off at my feet.

    training back today, feeling energized - gonna smash it
    You don't want to lose it too quick bro! Slow and steady is the way to do. Losing weight too quick may sacrifice muscle. How long you been on keto for?
  39. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    You don't want to lose it too quick bro! Slow and steady is the way to do. Losing weight too quick may sacrifice muscle. How long you been on keto for?
    yeh man I need to up my cals. I'm eating around 200-250gm of protein at the moment and after adding carbs back into to my IF window over the past 2 days I have had significant weight drops which is strange. maybe I work better on a cut with carbs.. either that or I didn't give keto enough time to kick in.

    Going to up to 1900cal for the next week and see how that goes. got some calipers on the way so will be able to do some more acurate tests then.
  40. New Member
    jpblann's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    475
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    99.77%

    wassssssuuuuupp

    sorry about the lack of updates here! had an awesome holiday - eating was far from ideal but I still stuck to my 4 hour eating window and kept water up.

    Been hitting it hard last week and this week and I am down to 189lb.

    Got a caliper bf test today at lunch and I am down from 23% to 19% - same trainer, same calipers, same time. that's down from 27% about 2 and a half months ago!

    strength is UP which is good to know and looks like my lbm has gone up around half a pound but that could be off.

    goal now is to get to around 12% then up my cals and try to make some clean gains for the rest of the year. might consider an hdrol cycle midyear depending on progress.

    leangains > anything else for cutting
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 12 weeks cutting cycle
    By mass_builder in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 11:08 AM
  2. 10 week cut Log/cycle
    By Forster in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 01:37 PM
  3. 10 week cutting cycle? To Long?
    By Buc4Life04 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 02:24 AM
  4. 4 week cutting cycle opinions
    By michael in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 10:14 PM
  5. 6 week cutting cycle
    By semmer in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2003, 02:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in