How can I lose fat in my lower abs? - AnabolicMinds.com

How can I lose fat in my lower abs?

1. New Member

my upper abs are toned and defined but I still have some fat in my lower what are some ways to get rid of it?

2. New Member

Loose more. Fat, you cant spot reduce, your body takes fat. From where it wants and its on of the last places to leave...
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Your overall bodyfat needs to be lowered. Despite loosing as much as you already have you will have to loose more. You could try one of the topical fat burners but generally they work well as a finishing touch. If that is all you need then go for it. If you have been dieting for a long time switch gears for a bit a week or two and eat more. Giving your body a little break from dieting will help once you return to a fatloss focused program.

•   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Continue with slow weightloss while training smart to maintain muscle and adding an anti-cortisol sometimes helps with that stubborn lower ab/hip fat.
  5. New Member

Keep your diet clean and be sure to include cardio. Try doing some lower ab exercises weighted too. The issue could possibly be loose skin which unfortunately TIME is the only answer. You could try collagen too.
  6. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'6"  175 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by connor_mc
    my upper abs are toned and defined but I still have some fat in my lower what are some ways to get rid of it?
    That place along with the obliques is the last place to go when I'm a pre contest diet. This is usually when I use a topical fat burner along with a cortisol inhibitor. I like to use erase for that.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  150 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by newbreed View Post
    Keep your diet clean and be sure to include cardio. Try doing some lower ab exercises weighted too. The issue could possibly be loose skin which unfortunately TIME is the only answer. You could try collagen too.
    I agree. Diet is the key here and a combination of proper exercise for lower abs like straight leg raise, pulling your legs together up then slowly lower it BUT remain still by not touching the floor before you perform another repetition. It's one of the most effective lower abs workout.
    you are what you eat!
  8. New Member

Diet - Get it down
    Train - Get training down
    Cardio - Do cardio
    Diet - Make sure it's good.

LOL - seriously, diet, training, and cardio. They say you can't spot reduce, but I do believe training an area can help in making it more defined, however, the ab and thigh shot is one of my best b/c my abs are always razor sharp and I barely, if ever train abs anymore, but I used to train them hard and smart. Focus your ab training on reverse crunch movements (hanging leg raise/knee raise, lying leg raise, reverse crunches, etc...) the key is to use your rectus abdominus by bringing y our hips closer to your rib cage. Just raising your legs is working your hip flexors, not your lower abs.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by blueice View Post
    I agree. Diet is the key here and a combination of proper exercise for lower abs like straight leg raise, pulling your legs together up then slowly lower it BUT remain still by not touching the floor before you perform another repetition. It's one of the most effective lower abs workout.
    There's a topic in which Zir Red commented on this, and that kind of exercise seemingly only works the hip flexors, not actually the lower abs from my understanding.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  10. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Diet - Get it down
    Train - Get training down
    Cardio - Do cardio
    Diet - Make sure it's good.

LOL - seriously, diet, training, and cardio. They say you can't spot reduce, but I do believe training an area can help in making it more defined, however, the ab and thigh shot is one of my best b/c my abs are always razor sharp and I barely, if ever train abs anymore, but I used to train them hard and smart. Focus your ab training on reverse crunch movements (hanging leg raise/knee raise, lying leg raise, reverse crunches, etc...) the key is to use your rectus abdominus by bringing y our hips closer to your rib cage. Just raising your legs is working your hip flexors, not your lower abs.
    Hey I'm new to this and I need help loosing belly fat also so my abs can show more..but at the same time i don't want to lose muscle ..should I just keep doin crunches etc..?
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  224 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JayD831 View Post
    Hey I'm new to this and I need help loosing belly fat also so my abs can show more..but at the same time i don't want to lose muscle ..should I just keep doin crunches etc..?

If that is you in your picture I would recommend focusing on gaining muscle and stop worrying about your abs so much, they are not the end all be all.

12. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by pushinweightw View Post
    If that is you in your picture I would recommend focusing on gaining muscle and stop worrying about your abs so much, they are not the end all be all.
    THIS!

Slowly ramp up your calories weekly or every other week. You are pretty lean. By building muscle your definition is going to increase.
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.

for me the only thing i can do to get rid of lower belly fat is with yohimbine, clen, t3, ec on and off and intermediate fasting with a 4 hour eating window with no carbs. tried literally everything from carb cycling, low carb, moderate carb, keto etc. IF+keto with a decent amount of fat loss agents did the trick for me...
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  72k lbs.

Hi all,This is too difficult to get lower abs and i am sure running and swimming is much better for lower abs and get healthy body figure.Everyone want to show her 6 pack abs.
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'2"  188 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

As mentioned, stay dedicated and you'll eventually get there.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  16. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

This.

-Purus Labs Rep
    (Mobile Posting)
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by JayD831 View Post
    Crunches are a very poor weight loss tool, considering the low intensity even with a million reps. Just do more HIIT
  18. New Member

Dedication and Patience will be key
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Diet and genetics. I need to be around 10% or less to have the lower ab pouch completely gone. We all Hold fat differently.
  20. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by MM11 View Post
    Diet and genetics. I need to be around 10% or less to have the lower ab pouch completely gone. We all Hold fat differently.
    Yes exactly ! I need to get rid of the bottom part I still have alot of loose fat although my abs do show ..and for gaining muscle I'm doin that also maybe I could use some advice I still weight the same 130lbs and sometimes I even lose a pound or two but then gain it ..help? Thanks ^_^
  21. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post

Crunches are a very poor weight loss tool, considering the low intensity even with a million reps. Just do more HIIT
    I will try doin more hiit but whats some good workouts you reccomend?
  22. New Member

Yes true lol I need to gain more muscle I do weights m,w,f (chest,arms,shoulders,)Tuesday Thursday an Saturday being cardio /back legs etc..I still weight the same 130lbs ..I feel an look stronger but why don't I gain weight? Thanks an srry if I dnt respond in time it never told me
  23. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.

In order to gain weight you need to eat more.
    Androhard + Andromass Log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/182038-so-i-decided.html
  24. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.

Pick one lose fat or gain muscle.
  25. Banned
    Stats
    5'10"  171 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Lower abs is a bitch man

Similar Forum Threads

1. How can i get shape in my shoulders and arms
    By ryank93 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2012, 08:10 AM
  2. How to get more healthy fats in my diet?
    By TheNinja in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2009, 10:06 PM
  3. How long will it stay in my system?
    By Tumey in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 04:36 PM
  4. How to put a link in my sig?
    By JakeF in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 06:56 PM