Sweet tooth

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.28%

Hi all,

I go thru phases where i get cravings for sugar n il eat loads of sweet things in one go til i feel satisfied, i dnt do it everyday probably about once every 2-3 weeks. Does anyone have any good nutrition tips to help with that? My main goal is fatloss and dnt have a lot to lose but dnt want to come off track.. Thanks

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  188 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    60.08%

I use some of the Walden Farms products such as their syrup, chocolate, and fruit spread. Zero cal,carbs,sugar. Helps me out getting through prep.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.15%

Yep a lil waldrens farm zero cal maple syrup... Sometime put it on my eggs n cottage cheese. I even throw it on my broccoli every once in while.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.8%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Sugar free jello with canned whipped creme yum
    Email me for free prodigy samples
    Ricky@pni-online.com
    www.pni-online.com
  5. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

Sugar free jello, diet pop, crystal light, crystal light popsicles, sugar free popsicles, nat pb w sugar free fruit preserves, use a good tasting bcaa/eaa product like chaind out and make a smoothy w itn
    PREMIUM NUTRACEUTICALS (PNI) REP/ATHLETE
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

U guys have good ideas.

Sugar free jello with whipped cream sounds good.

Walden farms? Don't recall hearing of them I'll have to look in my local store.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.27%

as much as i want to say dive for a diet coke.. artificial sweetners that are in alot of sugar free products are just going to increase your cravings
    its like telling your brain your giving it sugar then depriving the body of that sugar... well your body says **** that to your brain and in pumps the ghrelin. find an alternative. a really thick protein shake does it for me... give it some almond milk and i have a milkshake!
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

Quote Originally Posted by dutchovenftw View Post
    as much as i want to say dive for a diet coke.. artificial sweetners that are in alot of sugar free products are just going to increase your cravings
    its like telling your brain your giving it sugar then depriving the body of that sugar... well your body says **** that to your brain and in pumps the ghrelin. find an alternative. a really thick protein shake does it for me... give it some almond milk and i have a milkshake!
    I have to respectfully disagree sir. I have an avg of 2 diet pops per day and it hasn't increased any of my cravings, in fact it helps to curb appetite while prepping. I don't even cut diet pop out. Maybe the day before a show, but it's never increased my cravings and never hurt me getting into top notch shape. And most of teh so-called research stating these artificial sweeteners are bad is skewed because the amount of the sweetener they gave the rats equates to an amount no human could ever consume anyways.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  189 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.27%

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    I have to respectfully disagree sir. I have an avg of 2 diet pops per day and it hasn't increased any of my cravings, in fact it helps to curb appetite while prepping. I don't even cut diet pop out. Maybe the day before a show, but it's never increased my cravings and never hurt me getting into top notch shape. And most of teh so-called research stating these artificial sweeteners are bad is skewed because the amount of the sweetener they gave the rats equates to an amount no human could ever consume anyways.
    for you yes, it may not increase your cravings... but for me? big time. St-ONGE, M. & HEYMSFIELD, S.B. (2003) Usefulness of Artificial Sweeteners for Body Weight Control. Nutrition Reviews, 61 (6), p. 219-221 <-- give it a once over
    And search this in google for even more stimulation (cant post links) ---> Effects of carbohydrate sugars and artificial sweeteners on appetite and the secretion of gastrointestinal satiety peptides

The science is absolutely abundant on this subject
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

Thanks for sharing! I'm assuming, as with many things, this is an individualistic thing. I'll see if I can get my hands on some links to some studies as well. I'm glad you posted that. Personally though, I will continue to enjoy my diet pepsi. Is it a vice for me? Probably. But I could have much worse vices.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
    LET ME HELP YOU BY SETTING UP A DIET/TRAINING PROGRAM TO REACH YOUR GOALS! INBOX ME
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'5"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I've preached this before and I'll say it again:
    Take 5-HTP and you will no longer desire sweets. Best way to stay on course.
    It can enhance mood as well.
    Genomyx Rep
    www.genomyx.com
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.11%

I don't really like that many sweets, but that's a great recommendation. I'll ahve to use that with my clients. Thanks.
    BROSER BUILT REP/ATHLETE
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.72%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by hossjob View Post
    Thanks for sharing! I'm assuming, as with many things, this is an individualistic thing. I'll see if I can get my hands on some links to some studies as well. I'm glad you posted that. Personally though, I will continue to enjoy my diet pepsi. Is it a vice for me? Probably. But I could have much worse vices.

I agree with you HJ. If it weren't for Splenda/ Stevia I would have ruined my diet by now. I am probably the worst sugar addict in the world, and could literally eat it all day long. I make protein ice cream and various other protein desserts w/ artificial sweeteners and no longer crave sweets all day long. To each his own but that's what works for me too!!
  14. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Q View Post
    I agree with you HJ. If it weren't for Splenda/ Stevia I would have ruined my diet by now. I am probably the worst sugar addict in the world, and could literally eat it all day long. I make protein ice cream and various other protein desserts w/ artificial sweeteners and no longer crave sweets all day long. To each his own but that's what works for me too!!
    Protein ice cream sounds fun, how do you make that? I have some real issues with sugar and can't stop myself when I eat ice cream... I crave sugar all the time and would love something that just "stop" my cravings, lol!
  15. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  148 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.72%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysfirst View Post
    Protein ice cream sounds fun, how do you make that? I have some real issues with sugar and can't stop myself when I eat ice cream... I crave sugar all the time and would love something that just "stop" my cravings, lol!

I feel ya, believe me!!

P/Butter Choc Protein Ice Cream- 1-2 scoops protein powder (choc, vanilla, or a pbutter choc mix tastes best) 1 heaping spoonful of unsweetened coco powder, 2 tbs pb2 choc, Splenda to taste,1 cup s/free almond milk blend w/ several ice cubes and let freeze for at least an hour. You can also use s/free jello or pudding mix instead of pb2.

Orange/Chocolate Protein Ice Cream-1-2 scoops vanilla or choc protein powder, 1 spoonful of unsweetened coco powder, s/free orange jello powder to taste, Splenda to taste, 1 cup s/free almond milk blend w/ several ice cubes and let freeze for at least an hour.

You can make all sort's of recipes using different flavor's of s/free jello or pudding powder. Have fun!!
  16. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    6.67%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity Pro

Thanks, I'll try that
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  255 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.87%

I too when prepping for a show still have a diet coke/dt dew. 1 max though. I rely on splenda/stevia as well, but I also cut the serving in half, just to get some type of taste when the sweet craving hits. ''Self application'' works well for me, it might not work with others.
    Broser Built Athlete www.broserbuilt.com
    PNI REP

18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

Chewing gum is helpful for me. I get the full sugar gum and take the minimal calories over an ice cream binge. It's 30 minutes of sweet bliss and usually does the trick.

I usually have meals and macros planned out, so substituting a substantial snack or meal with fake sweetners doesn't really work when a random craving pops up, but a stick of gum does.
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by TexasGuy View Post
    Chewing gum is helpful for me. I get the full sugar gum and take the minimal calories over an ice cream binge. It's 30 minutes of sweet bliss and usually does the trick.

I usually have meals and macros planned out, so substituting a substantial snack or meal with fake sweetners doesn't really work when a random craving pops up, but a stick of gum does.
    That double bubble big bubble gum or what ever has like 6g of carbs/sugar.
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

Ain't no thang when I need to scratch an itch and a bowl of ice cream is the temptation. A very large, heaping bowl.

If I had the discipline to cut out sweets completely I would, but I don't. Sugar free just doesn't do it for me. I crave hard.

I need the insulin rush or something, who knows. I'll take 6 grams every now and then over a crash and burn.

I've especially found that before a party (holiday season and all) or something where junk food will abound, chewing gum on the way not only freshens my breath but makes it easier to resist the cookie plates and candy bowls.

Just a tip that works for me, if six grams is tough to swallow there are lots of great suggestions in here. I like diet soda too, but gum is more convenient imo. Fits in a glove box, pocket, desk drawer et cetera.

Also, peppermint has been shown to suppress appetite. Peppermint gum not only curbs a sugar craving but potentially curbs your appetite altogether, further reducing the liklihood you'll binge. All considered it's a pretty legit diversion.
  21. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.16%

Damn I'm nab that gum next time.

All the **** I eat and I'm running from that sissy ass gum.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.69%

Peppermint!

Similar Forum Threads

1. sweet tooth
    By lennoxchi in forum General Chat
    Replies: 13