3 week cutting

  1. Registered User
    ClaudioAnimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    18
    Posts
    65
    Answers
    0

    3 week cutting


    hello guys, im just about to start cutting and I have some doubts.

    can I go above 100g of carbs?

    how can I maintain my strength?

    Is a 1000 calorie deficit too much?

    what are the best meals to fill in with carbs?


    I appreciate your answers guys, the last time I cut I lost strength, and I dont want that to happen again because eventhough its kinda easy to regain it slows my progress

  2. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioAnimal
    hello guys, im just about to start cutting and I have some doubts.

    can I go above 100g of carbs?

    how can I maintain my strength?

    Is a 1000 calorie deficit too much?

    what are the best meals to fill in with carbs?

    I appreciate your answers guys, the last time I cut I lost strength, and I dont want that to happen again because eventhough its kinda easy to regain it slows my progress
    I'll tell u what to do. Work out your BMR. Add on your activity factor. Subtract 500. Have around 25% of your calories from carbs, 30% from fats and the rest from protein. 1000 calorie deficit is too much if you want to maintain strength. Start with 3-500 and once weightloss stalls adjust from there. Personally i stick below 100g carbs for about six days then I have a carb refeed of around 300g carbs once a week.
  3. Registered User
    ClaudioAnimal's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    18
    Posts
    65
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by Lukef2000 View Post
    I'll tell u what to do. Work out your BMR. Add on your activity factor. Subtract 500. Have around 25% of your calories from carbs, 30% from fats and the rest from protein. 1000 calorie deficit is too much if you want to maintain strength. Start with 3-500 and once weightloss stalls adjust from there. Personally i stick below 100g carbs for about six days then I have a carb refeed of around 300g carbs once a week.
    yeah, i've been doing like that, the only difference is that im eating 30%for carbs and fats and 40 for protein and i still didnt have a carb refeed, ill have it by tomorrow or sunday
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Lukef2000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,414
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioAnimal

    yeah, i've been doing like that, the only difference is that im eating 30%for carbs and fats and 40 for protein and i still didnt have a carb refeed, ill have it by tomorrow or sunday
    Just remember it's a marathon. Not a sprint! Make sure you have that refeed, you'll need it to replace muscle glycogen stores
  5. Registered User
    pistol345's Avatar
    Stats
    6'3"  188 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    503
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioAnimal View Post
    hello guys, im just about to start cutting and I have some doubts.

    can I go above 100g of carbs?

    how can I maintain my strength?

    Is a 1000 calorie deficit too much?

    what are the best meals to fill in with carbs?


    I appreciate your answers guys, the last time I cut I lost strength, and I dont want that to happen again because eventhough its kinda easy to regain it slows my progress
    I've been reading that carbs are best first thing in the morning, pre workout, and post workout. I avoid carbs after my post workout meal, but to each his own.
  6. Registered User
    bolt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,358
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by ClaudioAnimal View Post
    hello guys, im just about to start cutting and I have some doubts.

    can I go above 100g of carbs?

    how can I maintain my strength?

    Is a 1000 calorie deficit too much?

    what are the best meals to fill in with carbs?


    I appreciate your answers guys, the last time I cut I lost strength, and I dont want that to happen again because eventhough its kinda easy to regain it slows my progress
    How was you last cut set up when you lost strength? How did you alter your training when you began to cut?

    You can definitely go above 100g of CHO as long as it you maintain a caloric deficit. I am a big fan of CHO cycling throughout the weak to help maintain strength throughout a cut.

    I would also say that would be too large of a deficit each day. Better to take it slow and steady while maintaining strength than to lose too fast and possibly sacrifice lean body mass/strength/overall performance.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. 12 weeks cutting cycle
    By mass_builder in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 09:08 AM
  2. 10 week cut Log/cycle
    By Forster in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 11:37 AM
  3. 10 week cutting cycle? To Long?
    By Buc4Life04 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-29-2004, 12:24 AM
  4. 4 week cutting cycle opinions
    By michael in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-27-2004, 08:14 PM
  5. 6 week cutting cycle
    By semmer in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2003, 12:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in