Extreme Body Recomposition - AnabolicMinds.com

Extreme Body Recomposition

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Extreme Body Recomposition

Hey everyone, first post here. I've been lifting for 12 years but just recently finished a long period of inactivity due to working 2 jobs. During this time I was so pressed for time that I was on a diet eerily similar to the one in Morgan Spurlock's "Supersize Me.". I like to eat. Alot. It was not uncommon for me to down $15 of McDonald's in a sitting. My body must be a calorie incinerator because although I gained weight, you couldn't tell as long as I had clothes on.

I am making drastic lifestyle changes and doing the most extreme program I can think off to literally rip this weight off while retaining muscle.

I'm doing a modified version of the Velocity Diet. I have 6 protein shakes per day, 33% casein 33% whey isolate, 33% egg white protein. I also take 20 fish oil caps, eat a half pound of chicken breast, and 6 omega-3 organic eggs. This brings me to about 1600 calories per day with 250 grams protein and a 67%/33% protein/fat split. I will eat no carbs whatsoever and will monitor ketosis using ketostix. I am not allowing cheat days and I plan to stay on this for 56 days, or 8 weeks.

For supplements, I'm on testosterone replacement therapy and my levels are usually 1500 ng/dl so I'm hoping I won't lose mass. If this is too low I can always increase it. I'm taking Erase Pro once every 3 days to combat estrogen, but I don't seem to have much of it, thus the low dose. In the morning I take apple cider vinegar, multi, 1000mg vitamin c, 4000 IU vitamin d, 25mg DHEA. Before my workout I take 10mg BCAA and a stupid nitric oxide booster I had laying around. Before bed I take another DHEA pill and 90mg ZMA.

I started at 180lbs, don't even want to think about the body fat percentage. I've been on since October first and will weigh in once every 2 weeks.

I am doing heavy compound lifts for high sets and low reps 5 days a week for 45 minute sessions and walking like there is no tomorrow. My goal is 3 hours of walking per day, which unfortunately starts today.

I'll let you all in on the results. Pics will be forthcoming as soon as I shed some more fat. If anyone has any suggestions to fine tune this, please don't hesitate to let me know.

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Your a pill factory haha!

Your plan looks hardcore. Why so extreme on everything? Most ppl who jump to the deep end usually quit because it was to much to fast. Your gonna be hungry and your gonna be tired. Why walking 3 hours a day? Unless you are commuting by foot that seems stupid, you could do 30 min HIIT and get a better workout in and be done.
    1600 calories is way below what your BMR is and you are gonna lose muscle most likely and for sure not build any. Even with 1.5 protein per pound.

Have you ever thought of getting on a legit lifting program/normal cutting diet that you will be able to enjoy/sustain?

If this is really what you want to do by all means its your body, but I would never out myself through it.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Oh and how old are you? And some stats on your lifts?
    How much trt are you taking?
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

I'm 27. I don't know what my TRT dosage would equal in terms of injectable testosterone. I got the pellet implants, so I only have to do it once every 6 months. I'm cruising at 1500ng/dl though, which seems to be at the absolute peak level for a very un-average 18 year old. It could be considered a low dose cycle, I suppose.

I'm actually not tired or hungry. I was for the first 2 day as my body depleted glycogen and gave the typical you're-starving responses of headaches, etc. I feel absolutely fantastic now that I've reached ketosis. My energy levels, libido, and lifts have all risen sky high since ending my fast food gorge-fests.

About the walking, I'm afraid running and high intensity cardio will burn muscle. Walking tends to slip under te radar.

As for the extremity, I really needed a shock to the system to get my life back on track. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. It's probably a bad quality, but I know myself and the only way I can get something done is by going balls to the wall. I surely wouldn't recommend this to most people. I was on a nice, slow-paced, methodical regimen in the distant past and I was looking GOOD. But I ballooned so much that I need to see instant results in order to not hate my body image.

It might just be the higher test dose, but I feel like an animal. Workouts have never been more intense and I'm happy all of the time.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  230 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Did I read that right 6 protein shakes a day?
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Yessir. The idea is that the casein is time-release do it keeps you full and ensures a constant stream of protein flowing through the body. So far, do good. I use true nutrition's Teamskip blend in double strength chocolate with splenda. 4 scoops in a nalgene bottle lasts me until work is over, then I have a scoop pre and post workout.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderCrews
    I'm 27. I don't know what my TRT dosage would equal in terms of injectable testosterone. I got the pellet implants, so I only have to do it once every 6 months. I'm cruising at 1500ng/dl though, which seems to be at the absolute peak level for a very un-average 18 year old. It could be considered a low dose cycle, I suppose.

I'm actually not tired or hungry. I was for the first 2 day as my body depleted glycogen and gave the typical you're-starving responses of headaches, etc. I feel absolutely fantastic now that I've reached ketosis. My energy levels, libido, and lifts have all risen sky high since ending my fast food gorge-fests.

About the walking, I'm afraid running and high intensity cardio will burn muscle. Walking tends to slip under te radar.

As for the extremity, I really needed a shock to the system to get my life back on track. I'm an all or nothing kind of guy. It's probably a bad quality, but I know myself and the only way I can get something done is by going balls to the wall. I surely wouldn't recommend this to most people. I was on a nice, slow-paced, methodical regimen in the distant past and I was looking GOOD. But I ballooned so much that I need to see instant results in order to not hate my body image.

It might just be the higher test dose, but I feel like an animal. Workouts have never been more intense and I'm happy all of the time.
    Understandable, you know yourself and if it works and you feel good keep up the work.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  216 lbs.

Want to see some before pics. This is very hardcore and I wish you luck. Calories seem to low especially if youre walking 10 miles a day.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Thanks for the support, brother.

I'll post before pics once I get to a halfway presentable appearance so I can show progress. I currently look like a 50 year old plumber. Do you guys really think muscle loss will be an issue with my T levels? If so I can always crank it up to 2000+, I have a doctor that most can only dream of.
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Oh and the interwebs told me my basal metabolic rate is 2000 cal/day. If that's incorrect I'd like to know so I can adjust.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by XanderCrews
    Oh and the interwebs told me my basal metabolic rate is 2000 cal/day. If that's incorrect I'd like to know so I can adjust.
    So if you eat 1600 calories and your BMR is 2000 you are at a minus 400 calories if you just laid on the couch and molted lol. But your walking 3 hours plus lifting compounds you are gonna be at a huuuuge deficit of calories and muscle loss will occur when your body needs nutrients to stay alive
  12. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch5

So if you eat 1600 calories and your BMR is 2000 you are at a minus 400 calories if you just laid on the couch and molted lol. But your walking 3 hours plus lifting compounds you are gonna be at a huuuuge deficit of calories and muscle loss will occur when your body needs nutrients to stay alive
    Yeah, was like woah.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

With lifting, walking 3 hours per day and eating only 1600 calories, you're going to lose a ton of muscle regardless of your T levels and protein intake. If losing weight is only goal, you'll succeed. But if you want to do it while retaining muscle mass, you're going about all wrong.

If you're all all or nothing type of guy, get a bodymedia fit device to track your daily kcal expenditure...then eat -1000 kcal below that on a daily basis... It will fluctuate daily. But it worth the money for the result minded individual.

With all that activity, even at -1000kcal, you'll like be eating 2500 calories.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Name:  photo(1).JPG
Views: 881
Size:  88.9 KBName:  photo(2).JPG
Views: 2941
Size:  113.6 KB

Black shorts pic was Day 1 (Oct 1). Brown shorts was Oct 4. Both are cold. I swear there's some muscle under all that chub. I bench 360, mostly due to my T-Rex arms.

Also my laziness may be playing to my advantage here, since I am only doing about half of the walking that I originally intended to do. So hopefully I won't lose as much muscle as some of you are concerned about. However, I am following the diet and lifting to the tiniest detail. Still feeling great and my lifts are going up.

I did notice the other day that one of my shoulders is higher than the other and I have issues retracting my scapula. I sit at a computer for work, frequently use a backpack, sleep on my side on my arm, don't stretch often, and recently began doing shrugs on a machine (for convenience) that forced me into an awkward angle where it felt my arms weren't "even." I've been stretching my pec minor, doing scapular pushups, substituted the machine shrugs for dumbbell shrugs, and changed most of my rowing to one-arm instead of two-arm, dropped the weight a bit and concentrated on retracting the shoulder. It's going to be a long road but I think I can correct it. I also got my first deep-tissue massage to help speed the process, and my right shoulder sounded like bubble wrap. I wish I had a picture of the aftermath. Every muscle on my upper right back was traced out in purple/red lines that looked like bruises. It certainly helped, and it was much more relaxing than rolling around on a PVC pipe.
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.

Dude...you're not in bad shape. In that 56 day window, eating at a 500-750 kcal deficit will have you where you need to be.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by forcefan27 View Post
    Dude...you're not in bad shape. In that 56 day window, eating at a 500-750 kcal deficit will have you where you need to be.
    Thanks. It's a miracle, really. My diet would have made Michael Phelps blush. I think I'll probably be at an average of -1000 kcal/day given the fact that I overestimated my interest in walking.
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

Update

So I haven't died of a supplement overdose!

I must admit, I have done virtually zero cardio. I just hate it with a passion and on top of it everyone was insisting that my caloric deficit was too great. I have, however, stuck to the rest of this plan (diet, supplements, lifting) RIGIDLY, with ZERO exceptions. I am pleased with the results so far and am shocked at how easy this is. My lifts are actually going up, too. The scale shows 171 lbs down from 177 2 weeks ago, but I think I may have gained some muscle as well. This is because my scale weight yo-yo'ed between the 173-177 range for a week or so. 41 more days of this and I should be pretty cut. Let me know if this is OK progress or if I need to adjust! Thanks.

Name:  1015-1.jpg
Views: 766
Size:  45.6 KBName:  1015-2.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  50.9 KB
  18. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Keep up the hard work, sorry if I missed... You doing cardio?
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  19. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

28 Days Later...

Name:  28days1.JPG
Views: 667
Size:  119.1 KBName:  28days2.JPG
Views: 663
Size:  113.3 KB

Still haven't done any cardio. Lifts are increasing and I feel great. One night I deviated from the plan by having a 10 oz sirloin at Friday's with friends. Other than that, I have stuck to it rigidly!
  20. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.

Why no cardio?
    Don't need it?
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  21. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  177 lbs.

I don't feel like I need it. Progress has been OK so far, I think? I dunno, your thoughts?
  22. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  161 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

A wee bit won't hurt, that will tone as well.

Plan is a good one.
    MEM->DCA->PHL->MEM
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  187 lbs.

nice progress so far mate! if i were you id recommend maybe substituting those shakes for the real thing and go either carb cycling or IF if you have the time for all the meal prep. i like the 50 year old plumber comment, after seeing your pics unless youre from Sparta id say that's more than a modest statement! Also, mega jealous you get prescription AAS, sure beats the PH's and other liver-toxic legal crud that us younger guys have to scrounge for!

Similar Forum Threads

1. Total Body Recomposition PES SALE!
    By Delta Force in forum PES
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 09:46 PM
  2. PES: Total Body Recomposition SALE! LIMITED TIME!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-20-2011, 01:06 PM
  3. Total Body Recomposition PES SALE!
    By Delta Force in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-17-2011, 05:44 PM
  4. Body Recomposition = HOW to do?
    By ss01 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-15-2005, 08:16 PM
  5. Body Recomposition