Calculating Metabolism after 10 months of Dieting

1. jxn
    Answers

Calculating Metabolism after 10 months of Dieting

I am 35, 5'9, and 185 lbs right now. I started out at around 225 last December, so I have lost close to 40lbs so far and have now really hot a plateau. According to the Harris-Benedict equation, my maintenance level is about 2598 calories. I'm just wondering how I could factor in the slowdown from 10 months of dieting. I'm sure metabolism has taken a hit, but I don't know what % to factor in. i have heard everything from 10-30%. I do no cardio but hit the weights relatively heavy 5 x per week for 45 minutes to an hour. Does anyone know how I can figure this out? thanks

2. Unbreakable
    Board Moderator
    Answers

Honestly there is no calculator that will get it right. They are too general.

You have dieted for more than 9 months. When is the last time you taken some time off and/or incorporated refeeds?

No cardio? Right there is a big problem. The first 40 is easy! Hit the treadmill
  3. jxn
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by David Dunn View Post
    Honestly there is no calculator that will get it right. They are too general.

You have dieted for more than 9 months. When is the last time you taken some time off and/or incorporated refeeds?

No cardio? Right there is a big problem. The first 40 is easy! Hit the treadmill
    After reading Tom Venuto's book, I realized that I made a mistake not having some maintenance-level refeed days. I have only been incorporating this for a couple of weeks really. I still have a good bit of fat to get rid of, though I am not sure what my bf% is.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
  2. B4 & After 4 months of hard training
    By josebalius in forum Pics
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:05 PM
  3. After 4 months of Diet & Exercise...Pre/Post Pics
    By Tgribb6 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-05-2008, 07:28 PM